• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Predictions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow almost completely forgot that we hadn't done this for this week.

1. Broncos get 5 sacks in this one with 2 interceptions on defense.

2. My guess is Decker is big man of the 4 horsemen this week since he will be covered by Cooper the rookie. Something to the tune of 120 yards 2 touchdowns.

3. Broncos win this one by 20+.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Broncos hold chiefs to under 10 and score 30+ themselves

2. Knowshon continues having great games against KC, 1 rush TD, 1 pass TD, 100 yards rushing with another 80 through the pass game.

3. Vaunted chiefs defense gets no sacks.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos with a statement win: 41-14

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang....I'm thinking alot on the same lines as you guys.

1) Big game for Deck with 7 grabs for 118 and 2 TD's.
2) Defense focuses huge on Charles and holds him to 67 yards rushing, no TD's
3) Broncos win big 34-14 and shut up all the KC nuthuggers.

I've already taken off Monday, so I can sit home and revel in the victory.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much for predictions, just looking at the matchups. But this week is special, so......

1. 40 + points for the Broncos and less than 20 for the Chiefs. It's a blowout.

2. Von Miller gets 3 sacks.

3. Knowshon goes for 100+ yards on the ground and at least 1 rushing TD.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Denver comes out FAST put up at least 21 by the half, wont predict the final score as I think we get Manning out as soon as possible with the next 2 weeks of very tough environments..

Welker comes back this week into the picture with 9 catches and at least one score along with a score from Decker and Moreno

I dont see huge numbers by TE's as they will be helping blocking KC

Denver wins easily

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I think the Broncos break 40 when nobody else has scored more than 17: Defense

The Broncos defense has very quietly performed well in the last two games. Really the last three, but they won't get any credit for that Colts game. But in the last two games they have allowed just 20 non turnover points. They also match up nicely with the Chiefs offense. The Broncos corners will be able to handle Bowe and Avery, and the likes of Woody and Trevathan will be able to handle Charles both in carries and catching passes. Alex Smith can scramble, something he doesn't get enough credit for. He actually has the second most rushing yards for the Chiefs at 265 or something like that. But Von Miller can stay on him when he gets loose, assuming he even does. Knighton has quietly become a major force up the middle and Phillips has Broncos fans asking "Elvis who?"

The Chiefs don't turn the ball over often, but it does happen. Until now it has been against teams that lack the ability to go for the jugular and capitalize. That cannot be said about Manning and this Broncos offense. If the Broncos force fumbles it will mean one of two things: the Chiefs lost the ball ending a potential scoring opportunity or the Broncos get the ball with a short field. Neither of those are good for the Chiefs in a game where they are going to need every point they can get. The Chiefs also like a lot of short routes. That's safe and conservative because it minimizes the potential for throwing picks, but it also means if you do throw a pick the potential for it to go all the way back to the house is a lot higher than a pick thrown on a deep route. And the Broncos have several picks to their credit already this season. It is not a stretch to believe a defense that has snatched 13 picks can get one in this game, and if it does, the likelihood it turns into a defensive scoring play is high.

Even without big plays this defense is still well suited to putting a lid on the Chiefs offense. I can see them forcing several three and outs which of course gives the offense more opportunities to score. Keep in mind this is an offense that scored 33 points on the Colts, despite 3 turnovers and a safety. This is an offense that scored 45 on the Redskins, despite 4 turnovers. This is an offense that scored 28 on the Chargers, despite a T.O.P. of just 21 minutes and a turnover. Even if they start slow, they are going to figure out the Chiefs defense at some point in this game.

Until they do, it will be the defense that keeps them in it.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key to this game is going to be the line of scrimmage, specifically Denver's O line vs. the Chief's D line. If Denver can get a running game going, it's going to make Peyton's job so much easier. But if the Chiefs can shut down the rush and pressure Manning all game long, it could be a long day for the Broncos. I think the Bronco's defense will have little trouble keeping the Chief's offense in check. The Chiefs have not exactly been blowing teams out on the offensive side of the ball. All in all, I think this plays into the Broncos' favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key to this game is going to be the line of scrimmage, specifically Denver's O line vs. the Chief's D line. If Denver can get a running game going, it's going to make Peyton's job so much easier. But if the Chiefs can shut down the rush and pressure Manning all game long, it could be a long day for the Broncos. I think the Bronco's defense will have little trouble keeping the Chief's offense in check. The Chiefs have not exactly been blowing teams out on the offensive side of the ball. All in all, I think this plays into the Broncos' favor.

The Chiefs offense is averaging around 19 PPG. The team total jumps to just under 24 PPG when defense and special teams scores are factored in. The take away is this: if the Broncos eliminate turnovers it takes away a very integral part of the Chiefs game. Even if the Chiefs do add a defensive score, even if they add two like they did in Buffalo, they don't have the offensive firepower to pull away. And I've already outlined some pretty impressive point totals against some circumstances that would have finished lesser offenses. It is not a stretch at all to expect the Broncos to still win this game even if the Chiefs hold them to a season low 27 points. Which I doubt they are able to do.

In the trenches the edge goes to the Broncos front 7 against the Chiefs. The same can be said about the Chiefs front 7 against the Broncos O-line. But Manning has an obscene number of options. Moreno and Ball should be able to gut out some moderate gains against a defense allowing an average of 5 yards per carry. Moreno is also as good a safety valve as there is in the league. He can chip a DE or LB then wait in the flat where screens to him tend to get the Broncos 8-15 yards every time.

The Chiefs defense also gives up a lot of YACs. The Broncos lead the league in this stat. (If you are a Chiefs fan looking at the Thomas twins, we'll excuse you while you go change your pants.) And let's not forget Decker, who can bring in the deep pass and Welker, who is a matchup nightmare in the slot, even for Flowers. Manning has a lot of options short, and I expect the Broncos will use those early to get the Chiefs on their heels. If the Broncos get up by a score or two, look for Decker on a deep route.

It comes down to this: The Chiefs literally need to play the perfect game to be in this one. They are not going to shut down the Broncos offense. They may be able to slow it down to a greater degree than any of the Broncos previous opponents. But they are going to need their best offensive output augmented with a score or two from the defense and even that combination does not necessarily mean they'll win. That combination has seen them score 31 and 28 points, their highest totals of the season. The Broncos lowest totals are 33 and 28.

I know I sound over confident about this game. Anything can happen on the field and the Chiefs are a 9-0 team for a reason. But when you really break down the matchups they really do favor the Broncos on both sides of the ball. The Chiefs can win this game, but I believe it will take the perfect storm in order for them to do so.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is a genius at recognizing blitzing schemes and I'm sure that he and Welker have some quick dump off plays across the middle that will force the LBs to stay back and cover that part of the field. If the Broncos can mix up the run, screens and quick dump offs, that should open it up for Manning to hit some WRs downfield for big plays.