• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold predictions for next season

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider me a homer, but...

Marquess Wilson becomes another massive weapon for the bears and helps them to be a top 5 offense.

The Bears run defense improves vastly, while the pass defense forces more turnovers. They become a top 10 defense again this year.

The bears become a contender this year. They have the big physical receivers to counter Seattle's defense (top 3 Wrs are athletic freaks that are taller than 6'3, Top TE is 6'7, and even Forte is 6'0 with exceptional receiving skills.)

Cutler finally turns the corner in his second year in the same offense working with the "quarterback whisperer".

If Cutler gets injured, the back up comes in and puts up McCown like numbers whether it be Jordan Palmer, David Fales, or Jimmy Claussen.

And for other teams...

Desean Jackson fizzles in Washington. He's overrated as a receiver in my mind.

Houston's defense has another elite season. The offense will be good enough to challenge for a playoff spot.

Schaub looks better on Oakland then he did last year, but Oakland still sucks.

McCown struggles in Tampa Bay just showing that the system he was in made him look great.

The Jets suck again, Vick and Smith get injured, Decker looks like garbage, and Rex Ryan finally gets fired a few years too late.

Brady and Ryan both have stellar statistical years.

Manziel throws more picks than touchdowns and gets injured this year. While Ben Tate just kills it.

Arian Foster returns to a top 5 back production.

Sammy Watkins dominates in Buffalo and helps the offense get better. EJ Manuel has a solid year and Buffalo misses out on a playoff spot by a slim margin.

Bishop Sankey looks terrible in his first year.

Frank Gore finally loses his starting job this year.

Adrian Peterson begins the decline as Cordarrelle Patterson looks great as a Playmaking WR.

Peyton Manning doesn't skip a beat and Emmanuel sanders has a career year.

Broncos return to the Super Bowl and wins a shoot out against the Saints allowing Manning to go out on top.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like those last 2 predictions! I agree Sanders is going to have a career year this year. He has been the talk of camp for the Broncos and reporters have said every day after practice Manning and Sanders have stayed sometimes hours working on route running together.

Some I would have for the Broncos...They will not reach the scoring total that they had last year but will be a more well-rounded offense with Montee Ball emerging as a top-5 back in Fantasy Football and putting up close to 1300 yards rushing.

Denver's defense is vastly improved and becomes one of the top-3 defenses in the AFC.

DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller both have bounce back years and become the most feared pass rushing tandem in the NFL.

Now for the rest of the NFL...

Well you said these are bold so here it goes...NFC West only has 1 team make the playoffs this year. Playing against the AFC West plus playing against each other makes for some tough wins. Since other divisions have it easier they take the wild card spots (1 From NFC North and 1 from NFC South).

Same for the AFC West in they needed a little easier scheduling to get more than 1 team into the playoffs.

With how hyped up this past draft was for the WR position only 1 of the rookie WR's goes for over a thousand yards on the season (none of the 1st round guys will be the one)

The Patriots go 3-3 against AFC East teams but still make the playoffs.

Jaguars surprise some people this year and finish 8-8

Eli Manning has a bounce back year and has the Giants competing for a playoff spot clear up to week 17 (don't quite get it done though)

Detroit Lions have a top-5 offense but a bottom-5 defense

Panthers have the biggest difference in wins from the season before as they fall off the map this season with so few weapons on offense and a secondary that is below average

I'll give one about your Bears here...Matt Forte finishes the season as the top total yards player in the NFL (rushing/receiving).

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills win the SB... ok seriously

49ers win division, Rams make the playoffs.

Dolphins are last in the division

First overall pick goes to Detroit

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that bold, Seahawks repeat.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
well you said these are bold so here it goes...NFC West only has 1 team make the playoffs this year. Playing against the AFC West plus playing against each other makes for some tough wins. Since other divisions have it easier they take the wild card spots (1 From NFC North and 1 from NFC South).

The only team in the AFC west that scares me is Denver. Kansas City, Oakland, and San Diego don't worry me a bit. Not sure why the NFC West playing them would hurt the West from having 2 teams in the playoffs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer prediction: Atlanta makes a wild card spot

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you said these are bold so here it goes...NFC West only has 1 team make the playoffs this year. Playing against the AFC West plus playing against each other makes for some tough wins. Since other divisions have it easier they take the wild card spots (1 From NFC North and 1 from NFC South).

The only team in the AFC west that scares me is Denver. Kansas City, Oakland, and San Diego don't worry me a bit. Not sure why the NFC West playing them would hurt the West from having 2 teams in the playoffs.

Sheesh somebody has a title called "BOLD PREDICTIONS" and I make a bold prediction and of course it gets scrutinized. Usually a bold prediction is something that goes against main stream thinking. I know the idea of the NFC West only having 1 team makes it sounds crazy and it probably is. I make this prediction because

1. Just because the AFC West doesn't scare you doesn't mean that they are not a good division. Heck they sent 3 teams to the playoffs (more than the NFC West last year) and 2 of them advanced past the 1st round of the playoffs with the other barely being beat in a weird game against the Colts. So to me any team in the AFC West or NFC West doing better than 2-2 in their games against each other is doing pretty darn good.

2. With a majority of the games against each other again doing better than 3-3 will be impressive. I loved what the Cardinals and Rams did this off season and I don't think they will be easy wins and honestly I could see one of them finishing on top having the easier schedules of the 4 teams in the division.

3. I just think the 49ers and Seahawks have had pretty darn good injury free seasons (this does not mean they didn't suffer some injuries just think they have been pretty fortunate compared to other teams in the league as both finished in the bottom part of the league in injuries compared to other teams). Yes I realize this one is just guessing but again these were bold predictions so I factored this in a bit.

4. Turnovers are one of the harder parts in the NFL to figure out from year to year as very few teams stay near the top so my guess is Seattle and San Fran will not duplicate what they did last year in turnovers.

I have other reasons but again this was a bold prediction which usually means it goes against main stream thought. It wouldn't surprise me to see 3 teams from the NFC West in the playoffs just like right now at least for me it wouldn't surprise me to see 1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased pick: Saints win the superbowl

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Maxwell will have a pro bowl caliber year

Percy Harvin will play in all 16 games

Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick will throw close to 4000 yards (3700-3800)

Houston and Atlanta will make the playoffs

Aaron Rodgers only throws 4 interceptions all year (2 of them however occur in week 1)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle finishes top 15 in passing offense and repeats as Super Bowl Champs over the Colts

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm staying with Seattle to win.
The team remains hungry.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle goes somewhere around 11-5/10-6 and wins no playoff games.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the Seahawks to repeat also (not necessarily a bold prediction, but ...)

In the AFC, I'll predict that the Patriots edge out the Broncos (although both teams seem to have improved significantly through the off season).

A part of me wonders if the Niners might slip a little, mostly because they seemed to have such a strange vein of disharmony running through their off season (front office discord, legal issues with certain players, etc)

Tampa Bay Bucs challenge for the NFCS.

The Jags flirt with 8-8 respectability.

Gino Smith stabilizes and gives hope of becoming a franchise QB for the Jets.

Teddy Bridgewater becomes Vikes starter and does the same for that franchise.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not-so-bold prediction:

Skip Bayless makes some off the wall prediction that doesn't even come close to being true.

For the 12th straight year (might be 14th straight), Pete Prisco predicts Peyton Manning to win the Super Bowl.

A black player gets into some kind of trouble and Stephen A plays the race card.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags go 10-6.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills win the SB... ok seriously

49ers win division, Rams make the playoffs.

Dolphins are last in the division

First overall pick goes to Detroit

Ouch. But atleast we can't draft Stafford again. I can't see Detroit picking lower than 6th or 7th tbh. Unless Calvin gets hurt early on. Then three wins would be realistic. So, hope your prediction isn't spot on.

I be more surprised with Miami finishing last than I would them winning the East. Brady's about done owning the division. (That Brady comment isn't as bold as it is obvious I guess.)

Manning and Ball caugh the ball up at big moments. Chiefs challenge for division till the end. But after Charles goes down late in the year, they fizzle. Andy Reid goes after Russell Wilson on a full stomach, in the offseason.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys complete the cycle and become the 4th different team in 4 years to win the NFC East.

And still finish 8-8.