• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State football scholarship count - currently

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By MY count the number of scholarship players on the 2019 Boise State football team is now up to 84. That's after the most recent walk-on, Jake Stetz (OG), being put on scholarship and the additions of the transfer DT from Utah and LB Josh Booker-Brown.

By MY count there are currently 41 players on offense on scholarship and also 41 players on defense on scholarship and 2 players on special teams who are on scholarship.

My GUESS would be the remaining scholarship will be given to another deserving walk-on - and my GUESS would be that would be Bruno DeRose (LB) who started one game last fall and played in all 13 games last season. But that's just a guess on my part.

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that anyone here cares - judging by the lack of responses here - but that last (85th) scholarship for 2019 has apparently gone to a former Junior College player who signed with Western Michigan last December and enrolled at Western Michigan last March but has now chosen to transfer to Boise State. That being 5' 11" Cornerback Ozziah Williams.

Last season, while playing as a Sophomore for Fresno City College in Fresno, CA., Williams recorded 19 total tackles (17 of them were solo tackles) and 4 interceptions in only 10 games. I'm unclear why Williams was listed as a Sophomore last fall at Fresno City College since he graduated from Wharton H.S. in Tampa, Florida, back in 2015. I have to think he must have delayed enrolling in college until either 2016 or 2017. So whether he will be a Redshirt Junior or a True Junior remains to be seen.

Ozziah Williams on Hudl

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozziah Williams did play for Fresno City College in 2017 - as a Freshman:

Ozziah Williams

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have to wonder about tho is since Williams signed with and enrolled at Western Michigan.........he will almost certainly have to sit out the 2019 season...............RIGHT?

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ozziah Williams gets curiouser and curiouser. Now it seems he has removed his announcement on his twitter account about transferring to Boise State.

Also, prior to the day that the DT transfer from Utah announced on his twitter account that he was headed to Boise State head coach Bryan Harsin posted the usual GO BRONCOS 2019 on his twitter account to indicate that they had a new 2019 commitment. Yet there was no such GO BRONCOS 2019 on Harsin's twitter account prior to Williams twitter announcement.

Guess he has some explaining to do now. Particularly to the school where he is currently enrolled, i.e., Western Michigan.