• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bogaerts To Padres

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh way better...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hope is still alive for Swanson.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatis jr is eventually coming back from suspension early 2023 season correct ?

This is an odd signing and makes one wonder what their plans are for Tatis'?

Even more odd when you figure in an 11 year deal on a guy over 30yo ??

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was they missed on Turner and Judge and wanted a big name. Weird they went big on Boegarts over Swanson. They aren’t going to have the money to keep Soto now unless they sell low on Tatis in a trade because it is highly doubtful any team is going to take on that entire contract. But on a positive note, the Padres are over the luxury tax which makes them desperate with no leverage to trade someone so maybe the Mariners can screw the Padres over again. Give them the 30th pick and some low level prospects for Snell or I would trade Marco for Snell straight up with the Mariners paying Marco’s salary.

I want the Mariners to spend but San Diego is going suicidal if they don’t win a WS title. 2026 is the Mariners “crest” pretty in 2026 the Padres will have an infield that they owe $90 million too and that is without a 1B.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was they missed on Turner and Judge and wanted a big name. Weird they went big on Boegarts over Swanson. They aren’t going to have the money to keep Soto now unless they sell low on Tatis in a trade because it is highly doubtful any team is going to take on that entire contract. But on a positive note, the Padres are over the luxury tax which makes them desperate with no leverage to trade someone so maybe the Mariners can screw the Padres over again. Give them the 30th pick and some low level prospects for Snell or I would trade Marco for Snell straight up with the Mariners paying Marco’s salary.

I want the Mariners to spend but San Diego is going suicidal if they don’t win a WS title. 2026 is the Mariners “crest” pretty in 2026 the Padres will have an infield that they owe $90 million too and that is without a 1B.
It wouldn't shock me if they traded Tatis. I said early this offseason he was a cancer and got some push back on that but to them he was. His antics grew old with management and clubhouse.

Snell is more likely since they need to getter under the tax. Your idea works except can they get the cheap ass M's to pay for anything?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tatis was slated to play outfield last summer when he was coming back from wrist surgery.

He played center and right both in ‘21. But limited time.

He’s back from suspension in late April I believe.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me if they traded Tatis. I said early this offseason he was a cancer and got some push back on that but to them he was. His antics grew old with management and clubhouse.

Snell is more likely since they need to getter under the tax. Your idea works except can they get the cheap ass M's to pay for anything?
I just don’t know who would take on Tatis’ contract to make it worth a trade. If the Mariners could bring back Nelson Cruz. Tatis with the Padres on the hook for partial, and Snell deal for the 30th pick, Marco and some low level prospects. Whether Tatis is a cancer it massively improves the team. Then can flip Wong and cash with Flexen, Kelenic and some lower level prospects for Reynolds.

Well I’m sure the Mariners won’t trade Marco straight up. Though if I were the FO I personally offer it straight up. No idea if taking on Marco’s salary would get them under, maybe make up the difference. Snell being a number 5 for the staff would be amazing.

But does anyone know what is going on with Flexen and Marco. Going into the off-season MLB Network made it seem like there were going to plenty of teams bidding on Flexen and driving his price. Same with Marco to a lesser extent. Yet the two big off-season deals they made doesn’t involve them. If they can pull off those two deals in some fashion gives them a top 10 offense in baseball and having Snell or Ray as your 5th they are a top 3 pitching staff.

But with the Rangers getting better pitching wise now, 2nd place in the AL West just got tighter and the Mariners have to improve

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year of sitting on their asses and watching all the top talent going away as used car jerry spouts his yearly bs excuses. This team will NOT win a championship ever unless it falls ass backwards into one. The new owners are just as lame as the last ones.

Used car jerry's #1 priority is to make them competitive enough to make a profit and NOTHING MORE.

The Padres might be overspending right now but I'll give them credit for actually trying to win, something that won't ever happen here.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year of sitting on their asses and watching all the top talent going away as used car jerry spouts his yearly bs excuses. This team will NOT win a championship ever unless it falls ass backwards into one. The new owners are just as lame as the last ones.

Used car jerry's #1 priority is to make them competitive enough to make a profit and NOTHING MORE.

The Padres might be overspending right now but I'll give them credit for actually trying to win, something that won't ever happen here.
Another thing to think of is the Padres have the same owner and he tried this playbook back in the day and has proven he can get rid of overpriced talent. The FO should see that Jerry and now I guess Justin have been able to ship off talent.

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting rid of it by paying salaries to other teams players . In two years they are going to be winning about how they can't get someone to play because the high paid players are sucking . the only one that is going to work long term is Machado.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting rid of it by paying salaries to other teams players . In two years they are going to be winning about how they can't get someone to play because the high paid players are sucking . the only one that is going to work long term is Machado.
He got rid of players and paid some of that salary and in return got the best farm system in the sport. I’m not sure if that is a solid argument that they can make really bad signings then a few years later are able to do it again while still having the farm system to trade for one of the best players in the sport.

The Mariners rebuilt the farm system but make 1 big trade and now don’t have enough prospects to get the best player on the open trade market nor have “enough money” to make big FA move because they want to pretend Gilbert, Kirby and Raleigh are hall of fame bound.