• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bogaerts, Just Say No

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to a contract extension. He is still rising as an offensive threat. It's unknown where he is going to peak. But here are some things he should consider:

Other than the 2017 when his health was compromised, his SLG and OPS has risen every year.

He is the same age as Machado and last year he had a higher RBI/games played percentage, a higher extra base hits/games played percentage, and an equivalent WAR/games played percentage.

If he signs now he'll be signing based on the offensive value he has now. But if he continues to trend up, in a healthy year he could be a 100 runs/30 homeruns/120 RBI player/.300 BA player as soon as next season.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I endorse this, and am forwarding to Mookie Betts.
LOL. I'm sure you do. Don't worry about Mookie. He won't extend. He's going to test free agency. He may end up with more money than El Chapo.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Sale

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm sure you do. Don't worry about Mookie. He won't extend. He's going to test free agency. He may end up with more money than El Chapo.

He'll be the last big free agent before the CBA is up and the strike kills the game.

EDIT: Forgot Trout was up the same year.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Sale
Nah. Sale will re-enlist in the Boston Army. Ownership will show him the money. They've never had an issue with paying pitchers top dollar. Well, everyone except Lester. They prolly got tired of Lester sucking on hot wing bones during the game.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be the last big free agent before the CBA is up and the strike kills the game.

EDIT: Forgot Trout was up the same year.
You believe there is gonna be a strike too, eh? Yeah. I see it coming. Players now realize how fucked some of the new rules are for them.

Most fans think players are greedy and way overpaid. But you got to realize that these MLB franchises have lucrative TV contracts and the value of the franchise is increasing by ridiculous amounts every freaking year. A small market team today might be worth a billion dollars more than it was worth just 10 years ago. That's an average annual increase of $100 million in addition to whatever revenue they are taking in from tv contracts, gate receipts, and merchandise sales.

So a team like, say, the Marlins, who exist in one of the larger media markets in MLB, have a wimpy payroll of maybe $70 million and their revenue + franchise value increase is about $150 million... They are clearing $80 million a year, easily.

So, yeah, don't criticize the players for being so damn greedy because they are the guys who are lining the owner's wallets. They deserve a piece of the pie.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Sale will re-enlist in the Boston Army. Ownership will show him the money. They've never had an issue with paying pitchers top dollar. Well, everyone except Lester. They prolly got tired of Lester sucking on hot wing bones during the game.

I think they finally admitted they screwed up with Lester. Still think it will take 3 years at $100 million to get it done for Sale

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they finally admitted they screwed up with Lester. Still think it will take 3 years at $100 million to get it done for Sale
way more than 3 years :suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe there is gonna be a strike too, eh? Yeah. I see it coming. Players now realize how fucked some of the new rules are for them.

Most fans think players are greedy and way overpaid. But you got to realize that these MLB franchises have lucrative TV contracts and the value of the franchise is increasing by ridiculous amounts every freaking year. A small market team today might be worth a billion dollars more than it was worth just 10 years ago. That's an average annual increase of $100 million in addition to whatever revenue they are taking in from tv contracts, gate receipts, and merchandise sales.

So a team like, say, the Marlins, who exist in one of the larger media markets in MLB, have a wimpy payroll of maybe $70 million and their revenue + franchise value increase is about $150 million... They are clearing $80 million a year, easily.

So, yeah, don't criticize the players for being so damn greedy because they are the guys who are lining the owner's wallets. They deserve a piece of the pie.
In 2017, the Marlins posted negative operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) of $66 million. That loss included the $60 million the team received in revenue sharing but excluded the $18 million each MLB team received from Walt Disney's purchase of one-third of BamTech from Major League Baseball Advanced Media in 2016.:suds:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017, the Marlins posted negative operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) of $66 million. That loss included the $60 million the team received in revenue sharing but excluded the $18 million each MLB team received from Walt Disney's purchase of one-third of BamTech from Major League Baseball Advanced Media in 2016.:suds:
You lost me at 'depreciation'. They might have depreciation of physical assets but the overall market value of the organization went up...by a nine figure sum.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't add the "at least part in there. My bad
sale is 29 probably wants 10 years but will settle for 7/8 somewhere around 300 mil:suds:

alot depends on what harper/machado gets

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at 'depreciation'. They might have depreciation of physical assets but the overall market value of the organization went up...by a nine figure sum.
thats the team value not how much money they make:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale is 29 probably wants 10 years but will settle for 7/8 somewhere around 300 mil:suds:

alot depends on what harper/machado gets

Honestly, I don't think he would care/ put up a huge fight for that amount of years. Now, Xander and Mookie... yes

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Millionaires quibbling with Billionaires. Oh my...the hand wringing!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is bamtech staggered payments?

I could’ve sworn it was worth way more than that per franchise

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players are just mad that owners and GM's got smart and stopped throwing good money after bad in free agency.

Years ago, I seem to recall the players telling the owners to go pound sand when the owners were begging the players to stop the owners from spending like drunken sailors. What goes around comes around and the players are learning that lesson the hard way.

Good!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are just mad that owners and GM's got smart and stopped throwing good money after bad in free agency.

Years ago, I seem to recall the players telling the owners to go pound sand when the owners were begging the players to stop the owners from spending like drunken sailors. What goes around comes around and the players are learning that lesson the hard way.

Good!

This makes your pro Becky Lynch Crap look like a good take.

I’m baffled people are anti investing in your product.