• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bobby Ryan

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be discussed.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple sources are telling me that a Bobby Ryan trade is all but definite now. One source in W. Ontario tells me the 4 teams 'currently' involved as the Flyers, Rangers, Carolina, and the Islanders.

Others could always enter and drop off..

There is reason to believe the Flyers could land him. He grew up in the area, played for the Little Flyers Youth Hockey team...This would be a good full cycle story. There is no secret the Flyers have loved this guy from the start dating back to the huge push they made at Ryan's draft to get him.

Also interesting how the Rangers and Flyers tend to get into bidding wars in the past...(see: Richter)

I will be back with more as soon as I get it on the fast developing scenario.

YES!!! YES!!!! BOBBY RYAN!!! ZOH MY GAWD!!!

Eklund...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Anaheim really wants what's being rumored as a #2 center, top 4 dman & a 1st or top prospect it's not worth it. Now if they wanna narrow that down to something like Ryan & a salary dump for Briere(I know you all love him but we'd need the cap room and Schenn & Cooter look so promising now), a 1st & 2nd or 2 1st it could work. That or they would have to be willing to take Hartnell and a mix of high picks and mid range prospects which I doubt would happen.

Please remember that like Ana we are right up against the cap and to do this without crippling our already depleted defense we need to move either a high priced F or a combination of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Anaheim really wants what's being rumored as a #2 center, top 4 dman & a 1st or top prospect it's not worth it. Now if they wanna narrow that down to something like Ryan & a salary dump for Briere(I know you all love him but we'd need the cap room and Schenn & Cooter look so promising now), a 1st & 2nd or 2 1st it could work. That or they would have to be willing to take Hartnell and a mix of high picks and mid range prospects which I doubt would happen.

Please remember that like Ana we are right up against the cap and to do this without crippling our already depleted defense we need to move either a high priced F or a combination of them.

Your smokin better shit than me if you think getting rid of Briere is a good thing, When the playoffs come around I'd rather have Briere on our team..

Oh and Fuck Bobby Ryan, he is garbage IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like bobby ryan, but i just dont see it.. if there's one thing the flyers dont need, its another top 6 forward.. if there's one thing the flyers cant afford to give up, its a top 4 dman.. the two teams are looking to do the same thing, it doesn't make sense for them to trade

and i think we've heard the story about bobby ryan growing up in cherry hill (i think?) and the flyers being interested every year since he was drafted

also i'm pretty much against any trade of a 1st rounder or prospect (only 2 i consider to be legit prospects are cooter and schenn) this season unless it lands a top 2 d-man under 25.. pronger is pretty much that old car that you should really have on blocks at this point, and with timo playing 25 minutes/night on his 34 yr old warrior body, he's not far behind.. the flyers need a new top 2 dman asap, and scouts/main board guys that know this way better than i do, are saying a future top 4 d-man will be available regardless of where your first round pick is this summer

but if they were interested in taking pronger back.........................

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We can move Coburn before his payday sets in. Just saying.....

Voracek, Coburn, and a pick?

(Never going to happen but Bobby Ryan is on my list of top 3 guys I want to play for the Flyers before I die.)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so Before more people start arguing about briere being god again here'sy logic on

1. We can't afford to give up a dman now. So well be offering up a less attractive package on that regard.

2. If we have no dmen to offer they'd insist on a #2 C. Briere is the only proven C we have to fill that quota and Schenn/ show way too much promise now to be moved.

3. If they were willing to accept a W they would more then likely ask for JVR and he should be untouchable(along with G, Schenn, Coturier & Read). JVR is younger and poised to break out while having a better long term cap hit.

4 I hate trading picks as well but we don't have the prospect pools that other teams enjoy from being low in the standings for multiple years.

5. Cap Cap Cap. We would have to clear the room to have him for 3 more years. By moving 1 player it makes more sense the packaging several together and losing depths.

Realistically I can't see us getting him unless it was something like Briere, Bartulis & a 1st(prob another pick too). With 49 contracts and being up against the cap with a few overpayed & aging players trading is a lot more difficult. Especially to get a good young player. That said the asking price is way too high for a guy who hasn't put up 80 points yet IMO.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Flyers not involved. #Rangers appear to be front runners. A deal "could" be completed by the end of the week. TB showing interest.

Well tits, that high last 45 seconds.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the Rangers...... please.

Better than the Pens, though

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell is John Boruk of Philly CSN breaking this news?

Hope.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Sorry to be spoilsport, but #Flyers are NOT in Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, sources confirm.

t*ts

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Sorry to be spoilsport, but #Flyers are NOT in Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, sources confirm.

t*ts

Never forget, Stamkos to Philly deal was all but confirmed. They were just trying to hammer out a few minor details including Stamkos' contract.

Philly's "experts" / "sources" said this.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wouldnt trade Mike Richards for anyone in the league"