• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bob David Returns To ND

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s still the New Mexico head coach and NM is coming to South Bend next year.

For his duplicitousness, for his suckitude, for getting ND on its way to the wilderness for the next 20+ years, I hope Brian Kelly hangs 100 on them.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met him once at the 7-11 on the corner of Edison and Ironwood by campus. When he was still coaching at ND.

I was getting a pop and snacks he was getting whatever. Was wearing my ND shirt and recognized him. It was his last year and I told him to keep his head up and keep digging. He paid for my stuff. Thought that was a cool move.

Other than that he was a terrible HC though. He wasn't ready for a program as big as ND. He needed a small school to learn the craft and move up.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt David was a nice guy but not ready to be a head coach at Notre Dame.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Met him once at the 7-11 on the corner of Edison and Ironwood by campus. When he was still coaching at ND.

I was getting a pop and snacks he was getting whatever. Was wearing my ND shirt and recognized him. It was his last year and I told him to keep his head up and keep digging. He paid for my stuff. Thought that was a cool move.

Other than that he was a terrible HC though. He wasn't ready for a program as big as ND. He needed a small school to learn the craft and move up.

I also think he stabbed Lou in the back a bit to get Lou closer to quitting so he could have a shot at his job.

IrishBlooded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think he stabbed Lou in the back a bit to get Lou closer to quitting so he could have a shot at his job.

The whole Lou going thing will never be fully explained. There are more rumors and half truths there than there is about Kennedy.

He for certain didn't help the program as a HC though. He was a heck of a DC. Just crap for a HC. A lot like Narduzzi at PITT right now

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You live in South Bend (ND area)?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. It was a typo man? Did you really think I didn’t know his name?

If you work really hard at it, you can forget him, his name, and everything to do with him.

IrishBlooded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well … howdy neighbor & new guy. :yo:

Born & raised in Mish (MHS grad) … moved away for 30 yrs (Navy) … came back in 2014, now living in Osceola (Pheasant Point).

Live in hooligan heights. Graduated from MHS, and still go to all the home games ;) Daughter is going there now. Played for MHS in the 90's and played for Geezman freshman year when they won state.

If you are ever round you will find me on the MHS side about the 15 yard line on the South End zone.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live in hooligan heights. Graduated from MHS, and still go to all the home games ;) Daughter is going there now. Played for MHS in the 90's and played for Geezman freshman year when they won state.

If you are ever round you will find me on the MHS side about the 15 yard line on the South End zone.
Haha … I'm guessin Normandy Heights, then? I grew up not far from ya over by Bethel College - LaSalle Ave (just offa Liberty Dr). A lot of my childhood was spent at Normandy as most of my friends lived over there and we all went to North Side Elementary. I think I have an uncle that lives in your hood still, unless he's the one that just passed away, recently.

My bro #2 'teaches' at MHS and I have another bro that goes to many of the HS games. I don't - I just fell outta the loop on that whole thing living away for so long, but I did get to watch the MHS/Penn game courtesy of YouTube, this year! :yahoo:

We all try to catch 2-3 Irish home games each year, but I only made it to the Vandy game, this year, and I still have a friggen headache after that one.