• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Board Games...?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played Clue the other week.

It was Mr.Green in the Conservatory with the Wrench.

Just bought this recently and a couple other games. Haven't gotten to this one but looking forward to playing it soon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
party games are pretty big right now and there is a whole new world of kickstarter games out there. It's actually pretty cool.

there are plenty of simple games like Ticket To Ride that is easy to pick up and a lot of fun to play.
The reason why I don't have Ticket to Ride in my collection is because my friends own two versions of it. I personally also prefer 'Rummy' or the ridiculously cute 'Takenoko' but Ticket to Ride has three really good perks:

1) Its really easy to teach and/or everyone knows how to play it
2) Turns go by very quickly so you can zoom through a game even at higher player counts
3) It has massive point swings which creates a decent amount of angst while you wait for the right cards

The one really cool perk with the board game industry is how much feedback you can get from the community. If you go on a message board for board games and complain about something there is a really good chance you'll hear back from the person who designed the game and tested it 1,000 times. Its also a global community of really smart people who like solving problems. For example, in the span of about five years you went from most games having issues with colorblind people to most games having designs that can be navigated by color blind people. In the span of five years you also saw the co-operative genre spring up out of nowhere thanks to the success of Pandemic.

The Germans carried the torch when it came to board games for decades and now with Kickstarter you've seen America really jump in to the mix and up the component quality and artwork. As the global community catches up to the US we'll likely see board games become an even bigger industry. For now, though, I do think it has stagnated a bit and its an industry that is easily disrupted by pretty much everything bad that happens around the globe from tariffs to the coronavirus.

I'm hoping the industry will be thriving when I retire so I'll actually have time to play the games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was my favorite family board game as a kid. At the beach we'd always play Rummikub, but at home Clue was the go to game.

Been wanting to play it but my wife is too obsessed with freaking Trouble or Monopoly haha