• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix named starter

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shock there. I am excited about Broncos football again! Even if I still believe this to be an 8-9 win team in 2024, I feel we are moving in the right direction now!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be a very tough place to start your NFL career as a rookie but I think Bo Nix will be up to the task.

Did Payton say if he's going to get any playing time in the final preseason game against Arizona? Wonder if he's going to sit the starters or give them a series or two.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where there is anything to gain from playing Nix further in preseason. There are only downsides IMO such as more film and injuries. Lets have Stidham and Wilson battle it out for the backup job. Can they go alternating series by series for the whole game? That would be fun.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where there is anything to gain from playing Nix further in preseason. There are only downsides IMO such as more film and injuries. Lets have Stidham and Wilson battle it out for the backup job. Can they go alternating series by series for the whole game? That would be fun.

I mean I think there is an obvious upside... Gives him more live action reps... A rookie QB with zero NFL experience off for two straight weeks could be an issue but I also get not risking it now that he is your starter.

I would almost give Zach Wilson a lot of PT in hopes you can net a 7th rd pick out of him.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renck says he expects both Wilson and Stidham to make the 53.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks. Been a minute (and this year is literally flying by).....

Going to be a very interesting NFL season. For oh so many reasons.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks. Been a minute (and this year is literally flying by).....

Going to be a very interesting NFL season. For oh so many reasons.
You MUST be getting old to recognize that years fly by.

;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bo Nix as the starter the Broncos will now win 18 regular season games in 2024. How you may ask when the schedule only has 17 games? It's simple. They are going to win so big the NFL will have no choice but the credit them with an 18th win on the season. The Broncos will clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs through the 2028 season. Taylor Swift with break up with Travis Kelce, write songs about him, try to date Bo Nix, who will reject her, and she will subsequently write songs about him too.

Meanwhile in an odd inter-twining of sports and politics, voters who are tired of the "same old same old" combined with frustration over an essentially unelected candidate on one of the tickets, overwhelming vote Bo Nix for president. This of course creates a constitutional conundrum since Nix is not of legal age to be president, that being 35. He takes a rain check and schedules the movers to box up his belongings and move him into the White House at a later date.

And those are my predictions for the 2024 season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bo Nix as the starter the Broncos will now win 18 regular season games in 2024. How you may ask when the schedule only has 17 games? It's simple. They are going to win so big the NFL will have no choice but the credit them with an 18th win on the season. The Broncos will clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs through the 2028 season. Taylor Swift with break up with Travis Kelce, write songs about him, try to date Bo Nix, who will reject her, and she will subsequently write songs about him too.

Meanwhile in an odd inter-twining of sports and politics, voters who are tired of the "same old same old" combined with frustration over an essentially unelected candidate on one of the tickets, overwhelming vote Bo Nix for president. This of course creates a constitutional conundrum since Nix is not of legal age to be president, that being 35. He takes a rain check and schedules the movers to box up his belongings and move him into the White House at a later date.

And those are my predictions for the 2024 season.
How did you beat me to this ?

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I think there is an obvious upside... Gives him more live action reps... A rookie QB with zero NFL experience off for two straight weeks could be an issue but I also get not risking it now that he is your starter.

I would almost give Zach Wilson a lot of PT in hopes you can net a 7th rd pick out of him.

I don't think the upside outweighs the downside. Sean Payton should be using these two weeks to create a gameplan for the Seahawks and Bo Nix should be using these two weeks to master it completely. I'd like them to go with Stidham and Wilson in the last game. Lombardi and VJ can run the team for the rest of the preseason. Hell, let our ST Coach/Asst Head Coach be in charge for the remainder of the preseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the upside outweighs the downside. Sean Payton should be using these two weeks to create a gameplan for the Seahawks and Bo Nix should be using these two weeks to master it completely. I'd like them to go with Stidham and Wilson in the last game. Lombardi and VJ can run the team for the rest of the preseason. Hell, let our ST Coach/Asst Head Coach be in charge for the remainder of the preseason.

No arguing this point. Just saying there is an obvious upside to getting him more reps given his inexperience. I probably wouldn't play him but I would also understand a series or two with a bye week inbetween the start of the season. How much would it really help though? I trust Payton more then any coach we have had since Shannny soooooo, whatever he decides I am behind. I am going to guess he will rest but I just wanted to call out there is an upside behind a thought to get him more reps. That was all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson: $37.8M
Bo Nix: $11.1M
Jarrett Stidham: $6M
Zach Wilson: $2.7M

One of the biggest reasons I don't see us keeping both Stidham and Wilson. Other then teams seem to generally keep 2 QB's now with the new PS rules.