• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blazers with another Top 10 pick!!

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, that was clutch. Normally I don't refer to a 13-game losing streak to end a season "clutch" but I have to admit that's exactly what that was. The Blazers now have a Top 10 pick, and 4 picks in the Top 45. Not bad for a team with zero depth.

Since the likelihood of getting the #1 pick is only about 1% I won't bother wasting my time lamenting on how if given the opportunity the Blazers would surely pass on another stud wing player (this time Ben McLemore) in favor of a crippled, over-rated big man (Nerlens Noel). If there is any justice in the world the NBA gods will spare Blazer fans from this familiar scenario unfolding again.

Instead, I just hope we use the pick wisely. If it is indeed #10 that means the Thunder & Sixers will pick after us, which is good since like us they are both in the market for a veteran big, but we would have the best draft pick to use as trade bait between the three of us. That definitely might come into play. I could see the Blazers trading their first pick for a veteran and then using the 2nd round picks to get a couple depth players.

I hope we can add something of value. We need to build on the Lillard & Leonard draft. Lillard is already a star and Leonard should be a solid bench player for years (never a starter, but decent bench guy). We just need another wing scorer and a defensive big man and we would be a good team.