• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blair Betts?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What happened to him? Is he on the Phantoms? I know he was waived, then returned for an injury. But that was the last I heard his name. We could have used him last week.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Betts and all, but I'm not sure where we could have used him. We have 8 guys who can play center and 4-5 guys who are more skilled then Betts and just as good if not better then him on the PK. He was waived then claimed by the Habs then failed a physical. He is now on LTIR I believe.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Betts and all, but I'm not sure where we could have used him. We have 8 guys who can play center and 4-5 guys who are more skilled then Betts and just as good if not better then him on the PK. He was waived then claimed by the Habs then failed a physical. He is now on LTIR I believe.

yep.. i think that's the case as well

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LTIR, philadelphia's saving CBA clause

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is on IR, but given how supposedly minor his injury was, I am surprised we haven't heard anything. Even if he is an unnecessary piece, it would be one that would affect our cap if healthy. Plus, last week when we started 11 rookies, would have been a good time to have any healthy veterans out there.
Just curious, not looking for him to come back.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on IR, but given how supposedly minor his injury was, I am surprised we haven't heard anything. Even if he is an unnecessary piece, it would be one that would affect our cap if healthy. Plus, last week when we started 11 rookies, would have been a good time to have any healthy veterans out there.
Just curious, not looking for him to come back.

good point.. the flyers didn't even have him labeled as injured until montreal said he didn't pass the physical.. and i dont think he's ever listed on the injury reports pre-game.. nor do i see him show up in the lineup tweets i get from a phantoms writer

maybe we should delete this thread so nobody from the NHL realizes the flyers have a player that seems to have slipped everyone's mind?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betts is on LTIR along with Pronger, Laperriere and Gustafsson according to capgeek. If I'm not mistaken, that should clear up ample cap room for us to trade for a defenseman by the deadline. Regardless, I don't think the wear and tear on our top four is all that great with the strong play of Bourdon and the depth we have altogether with Lilja and Gustafsson. Also, you'll notice that we rested Timonen and Coburn (in addition to Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr and Briere) for much of the third period last night and that's something we've been doing all season long in blowouts. In my opinion, that goes a long way in keeping guys fresh for the stretch run and the playoffs.

The depth on this team is just insane at every position. It's unreal. We're built to deal with injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Homer and his poor cap management for all that quality depth...

I'm sensing some sarcasm...lol I think he looks more like a genius when you consider just how dominant Giroux has been in his new role and all of the added production out of our rookies. This team probably came together and competed about as quickly and as well as he or any of us could have ever possibly imagined. That is, unless he's just a genius and saw this coming all the way...lol

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I thought PR was taking a jab at those who are constantly talking shit about Homers management skills.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I truly do not think Betts can make this team right now. He was a solid centerman last year but we are obviously stacked at center (as always). Talbot has been very good. Giroux is OK I guess. Briere is Briere. Cooter/Schenn > Betts