• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2017-2018 Season Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means that the Hawks won't trade him prior to the expansion draft, so that Vegas can't then take him.

TVR is just a little bit too slow to be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man from what I've seen.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means that the Hawks won't trade him prior to the expansion draft, so that Vegas can't then take him.

TVR is just a little bit too slow to be anything more than a 3rd pairing d-man from what I've seen.

Slow was what got us swept against Nashville, that started with Seabrook, Keith, Soup and Oduya.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we see if they sign Ulf, seemed to be ties with Samuelson and getting Rutta.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere this morning that they did indeed sign Ulf.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a nutshell

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Available

Kyle Baun (F)
Andrew Desjardins (F)
Marcus Kruger (F)
Pierre-Cedric Labrie (F)
Michael Latta (F)
Brandon Mashinter (F)
Dennis Rasmussen (F)
Jordin Tootoo (F)
Brian Campbell (D)
Dillon Fournier (D)
Shawn Lalonde (D)
Johnny Oduya (D)
Ville Pokka (D)
Michal Rozsival (D)
Viktor Svedberg (D)
Trevor van Riemsdyk (D)
Mac Carruth (G)
Jeff Glass (G)

Protected

Artem Anisimov (F)
Ryan Hartman (F)
Marian Hossa (F)
Tomas Jurco (F)
Patrick Kane (F)
Richard Panik (F)
Jonathan Toews (F)
Niklas Hjalmarsson (D)
Duncan Keith (D)
Brent Seabrook (D)
Corey Crawford (G)

really surprised with the Jurco being on this list, though Rasmussen earned that spot.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap goes up to 75 million, Blackhawks the only team in the league currently over the cap.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hossa story breaking all over now. Some rash he has dealt with since he was 6 years old. I have read the cream he used required blood tests every two weeks from its side effects. Some nasty pus filled rash. Hawks will be accused of trying to use LTIR to squash his 3.6 cap hit til 2021, lets see if they get away with it I guess. Sad story though, Hossa never slowed down even after going to the third line. Led the team in goals for alot of the early season, will definitely be missed. Even more respect for this guy knowing he has been dealing with this his entire career.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks Announce Marian Hossa To Miss Entire 2017-18 Season

Hossas statement.

From the main board thread, if NHL deems the hawks are circumventing the cap its a first and third pick penalty. I cannot see that happening for this years draft since the hawks simply need to allow for hossas 3.6 million and not be accused of circumventing.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks Announce Marian Hossa To Miss Entire 2017-18 Season

Hossas statement.

From the main board thread, if NHL deems the hawks are circumventing the cap its a first and third pick penalty. I cannot see that happening for this years draft since the hawks simply need to allow for hossas 3.6 million and not be accused of circumventing.

It does seem almost too good to be true from a cap perspective. Wish Hossa the best, regardless. A true warrior.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the hawks have a defense on this.

On one part you have heard some NFL players choose to retire because they just dont want to get their body ready for another grueling season. In this case, Marian Hossa was starting his 4 years at a measly million dollars per year. So I can see him not wanting to go thru this for that chump change. Hossa got all but 4 million of those contract dollars already, it was the cap that was taking the hit the final 4 years.

but Hoss lead the team most of the early season, ended up third on goals and still the best two way defender on the team. We are losing a big piece to this puzzle, even if he was misused with third line pairs including Krueger as his center.

That also had to play a part of it.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kruger, I guess that finalized deal with Vegas never materialized....

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kruger, I guess that finalized deal with Vegas never materialized....

Well they started making deals so maybe still. Otherwise we might think that Bowman got taken advantage of by a new franchise to leave TVR exposed, who Vegas did not even want.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if putting Hossa on LTIR changed plans a bit. But you're right, still could be something else in the works. We'll see.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saad for Panarin is actually a good deal- Saad is younger and a better 5 on 5 player. PLUS he scores playoff goals. They cost the same too. And the Hawks will have longer control of Saad as Panarin will need to be resigned in another year. Sucks to lose Breadman, but this makes a lot of sense.

Losing Hjalmarrson is going to hurt- but he's 30 and takes a lot of punishment with the blocked shots. The belief is that he's going to decline quickly and they got a 24 year old Dman who's on the rise and is cheaper.

Speculation of lines: Toews and Saad reunited is huge. Add one of the good rookies (Schmaltz) from last year and you have something to build on.
Let's not forget about All World Junior Alex DeBrincat- who I believe is a right handed shot and could play with Artem and Kane on the second line. Or Hartman or Hayden too.

Defense is still going to be a patchwork- THEY NEEDED to get younger, faster and more aggressive. Going to be crazy. I'm sure more to come before this draft is over! CRAZY!