• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Widow (2021)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good movie, but somewhat disappointing. Black Widow's sister has the best performance in the movie, besides that nothing really stands out in the movie. I'll give it 6.75 out of 10.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarlett didn’t make enough money though. She said, it shouldn’t matter that male led films make more money than female led films. Females should make more money.
giphy.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comic geeks are really hating this movie from what I'm seeing online.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good. The action and fighting sequences were great and I loved all of her "family" members. But I kinda wish this story could have come out before Endgame. Knowing what happens to Natasha sorta put a bittersweet damper on it for me.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it. Good amount of action & likable characters. David Harbour & Florence Pugh were fantastic. Can't wait to see Yelena square off & (likely) work with Hawkeye.

I hope she eventually joins the Avengers... (don't ruin it for me comic nerds!)

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comic geeks are really hating this movie from what I'm seeing online.
dont ever go down that rabbit hole by the way

nerdrotic, Cosmicbooknews, BoundingIntoComics, TheQuartering, thecriticaldrinker, etc

ive never seen so much cringe content ever in my fucking life. Never have i ever seen so much bigotry, racism, sexism in one community

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont ever go down that rabbit hole by the way

nerdrotic, Cosmicbooknews, BoundingIntoComics, TheQuartering, thecriticaldrinker, etc

ive never seen so much cringe content ever in my fucking life. Never have i ever seen so much bigotry, racism, sexism in one community
I'm not familiar with a couple of those but Quartering and Critical Drinker were both YouTube channels I had to remove from my feed.

Movie looks fine if only because of its cast. I think they telegraphed the thing people are upset about in the trailer.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it with the family Thursday night. 4 things that stuck out to me.

1. The helicopter scene on the prison break was a bit over the top. No way it could sustain that much small arms fire and then heavy anti aircraft fire from the tower and keep flying but of course it's just a movie

2. When the red room was blowing up Natasha just happen to see a parachute sitting right there for her to grab and jump. Come on, that was cheesy.

3. The scene where all the black widows were beating the crap put of Natasha just seemed creepy like a bunch of zombie Karen's standing around panting at her.

4. Taskmaster was done a disservice. They totalled ruined that character.

Overall I enjoyed it. I liked it better than Thor 2 and Ironman 2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good. The action and fighting sequences were great and I loved all of her "family" members. But I kinda wish this story could have come out before Endgame. Knowing what happens to Natasha sorta put a bittersweet damper on it for me.
Putting this movie after Civil War (where it takes place) would have been good. Of course, the end credit scene would not be possible, but putting this scene at the end of End Game would have been OK. I like that EG didn’t have a post credit scene though. It was appropriate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it today. I have avoided all internet talk, so I am not sure what everyone is pissed about. Is it the identity of Taskmaster? I am not familiar with Taskmaster from the books, so I don’t have a reference to be pissed about.

I usually hate “you go girl” movies, but I didn’t really get that from this movie. The widows needed to be female because they were used for their “feminine wiles”. It fits the story and fits the character. There was a bit of “you go girl” and “worthless male”, given that “dad” was a hot mess while “mom” and “sister” were bad ass MFers. But it wasn’t as blatant as the all-girl pose in End Game.

As for the movie itself, the scope just seemed a bit dull for a MCU movie. Especially for the first since End Game (spidey’s inclusion in the MCU is a bit tenuous). And why not have another Avenger show up to buddy? Most of the other movies had at least one other big character to help boost the epic-ness of the story. Not having any of that here did seem a bit of a slight (Gen Ross hardly counts).

In general, I liked it, though. Certainly better than Thor 2 and Captain Marvel (but those two were absolute stinkers). Maybe on par with Thor 1? Not as good as First Avenger. Probably bottom 5 MCU movie, but that is more a comment about how good the MCU movies are than a comment on how bad this movie is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it today. I have avoided all internet talk, so I am not sure what everyone is pissed about. Is it the identity of Taskmaster? I am not familiar with Taskmaster from the books, so I don’t have a reference to be pissed about.

I usually hate “you go girl” movies, but I didn’t really get that from this movie. The widows needed to be female because they were used for their “feminine wiles”. It fits the story and fits the character. There was a bit of “you go girl” and “worthless male”, given that “dad” was a hot mess while “mom” and “sister” were bad ass MFers. But it wasn’t as blatant as the all-girl pose in End Game.

As for the movie itself, the scope just seemed a bit dull for a MCU movie. Especially for the first since End Game (spidey’s inclusion in the MCU is a bit tenuous). And why not have another Avenger show up to buddy? Most of the other movies had at least one other big character to help boost the epic-ness of the story. Not having any of that here did seem a bit of a slight (Gen Ross hardly counts).

In general, I liked it, though. Certainly better than Thor 2 and Captain Marvel (but those two were absolute stinkers). Maybe on par with Thor 1? Not as good as First Avenger. Probably bottom 5 MCU movie, but that is more a comment about how good the MCU movies are than a comment on how bad this movie is.

Taskmaster in the comics is a wisecracking type similar to Deadpool in the comics, though not as 4th wall breaking. It's a man in the comics so I'm sure there's a good chunk of shrimp dicked little bitches that got their fragile egos hurt that they changed it to a female, but I think the majority is they're upset they made the character basically mute. Taskmaster in the comics has edge and humor. This version, so far, didn't. So its a complete personality change. But for all we know, Taskmaster in the future might be like that comic character going forward now that she has agency over herself again. But that's basically the gist of it. It mostly just boils down to some of the hardcore fans bitching about a tertiary character

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taskmaster in the comics is a wisecracking type similar to Deadpool in the comics, though not as 4th wall breaking. It's a man in the comics so I'm sure there's a good chunk of shrimp dicked little bitches that got their fragile egos hurt that they changed it to a female, but I think the majority is they're upset they made the character basically mute. Taskmaster in the comics has edge and humor. This version, so far, didn't. So its a complete personality change. But for all we know, Taskmaster in the future might be like that comic character going forward now that she has agency over herself again. But that's basically the gist of it. It mostly just boils down to some of the hardcore fans bitching about a tertiary character
If they did to Taskmaster what Wolverine did to Deadpool, I get the pushback. But since I have no history with the character myself, meh…

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did to Taskmaster what Wolverine did to Deadpool, I get the pushback. But since I have no history with the character myself, meh…

It's pretty similar. But I get the outrage about that because Deadpool is actually popular character. Not hugely popular before the movies, but still a sizeable following. Taskmaster isn't. They're just mad something changed from the source material which is a silly thing to get mad about when its not like its a big deal or character