• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Adam (2022)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather enjoyed the movie, and was stoked that TJS was featured. I avoid trailers for movies I know I will see, so I was not expecting them to be featured.

I get why the movie is panned, to an extent. It was saccharine, but with mass murder. But I was ok with that. Maybe because I have super low expectations for DCEU movies at this point.

SHAZAM, Black Adam and Peacemaker are the only current properties in the DCEU that I will be sad to see go. I think those are unique enough to salvage. Though with the infighting, no chance Rock stays on board. That relationship has become too toxic.
I don’t think Peacemaker is going away. From what I’ve seen everything but the Suicide Squad team are being rebooted.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

not sure I understand your question? Gunn said he wants to explore a younger version of the character, so he will be recast. I don’t get the sense they are doing a Smallville story, but more of a CK first getting to Metropolis (Basically doing a retelling of the first Christopher Reeves movie).

I'm just saying, "how is it going to work" if Black Adam fights Superman when Cavill was Superman and was in the credits...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Peacemaker is going away. From what I’ve seen everything but the Suicide Squad team are being rebooted.

Yea, i would be surprised... its too popular already, and there really is very little connection needed to the main hollywood story...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supermen actors are a dime a dozen... and why they always do young superman, so they can get the upcoming stud...

I am not nervous about the who they will get... i just hope they start with a good story... Superman should not be uber dark, like they made Cavill's...

sure there should be real life undertones, like how metropolis citizens are not always happy with superman since he flies too fast and breaks windows and ruins cars so often...

But a more campy superman movie, like the ones with christopher reeves would be welcome...

I just meant... When/IF Black Adam fights Superman.... It won't be Cavill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock is out. The movie “tanked” and they have taken their fight (Rock vs Gunn) public. We won’t see Black Adam again. At least not this iteration.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a result of Black Adam bombing at the BO. If it had been the success they were hoping for, it would have shown that there' s a market for the DCEU. Now we know that it is a dead brand, forcing them to do a reboot.

It sucks and it was not the Rock's fault, but that's the way that business go.
But why did it bomb? ...it could be a number of reasons and one of them might be the Rock himself.

I have at least 3 actors that I will never pay to see. The Rock, Bruce Willis & Gerald Butler.
I love these guys and respect them as what I call Blue Collar actors. They like to work and they don't seem to ever say no to a script.

But that is the rub. I don't trust them enough to pay for any movie they are in because they say yes to everything no matter how shitty the script is.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black adam would destroy Superman anyway... and even though superman came to threaten black adam in the post credit scene, it would be weird for superman to fight him before Shazam does anyway...

and even if they want to make that fight happen, which is weird to me in the first place, having a new actor doesnt change anything... its not like we have never seen actor changes before....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock is out. The movie “tanked” and they have taken their fight (Rock vs Gunn) public. We won’t see Black Adam again. At least not this iteration.

and that is not really a bad thing... was surprised we even saw a black adam movie in the first place... He is a Shazam villain... not even a top 5 DC villain...

i think the entire reason we did see this movie was because someone wanted to bring in the Rock into the DC world before he could go marvel...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that is not really a bad thing... was surprised we even saw a black adam movie in the first place... He is a Shazam villain... not even a top 5 DC villain...

Now I get the whole "Shazam" saying now and I thought one of the wizards looked familiar

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why did it bomb? ...it could be a number of reasons and one of them might be the Rock himself.

I have at least 3 actors that I will never pay to see. The Rock, Bruce Willis & Gerald Butler.
I love these guys and respect them as what I call Blue Collar actors. They like to work and they don't seem to ever say no to a script.

But that is the rub. I don't trust them enough to pay for any movie they are in because they say yes to everything no matter how shitty the script is.
Willis was accepting every offer because he was sick. The last couple years he has been in a ton of movies, all as he was just trying to cash in while he could.

Butler, tbh, is hardly even on my radar. He is just an actor in my eyes. His inclusion in a cast never moves the needle in either direction for me.

Rock, I couldn’t agree more. I really like Rock, but I can’t think of a single movie that I actually liked that he was in (his first Jumanji movie wasn’t bad, I guess).

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Adam was black, are we all mulatto?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement by Dwayne Johnson:

G7buQau.jpg

Fkc_-z9UUAIEFHk

Fkc_-z9UAAA3FIT

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement by Dwayne Johnson:

G7buQau.jpg

Fkc_-z9UUAIEFHk

Fkc_-z9UAAA3FIT

LMFAO @ the guy trying to destroy the Fast and Furious franchise because he's so ruined by Vin Diesel turning around trying to claim that he has "thick skin".

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was black adam a passion project from the rock, or was it a way to bring the rock to the DC universe??

it was odd that black adam would even get a movie... so im not surprised there is no interest in his character in the future...

its too bad though that the teaser at the end of black adam with superman will never be seen,,, would love to see how superman would win... as there is no way he would beat black adam...

maybe trick him like he does mr mxyzptlk

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was black adam a passion project from the rock, or was it a way to bring the rock to the DC universe??

it was odd that black adam would even get a movie... so im not surprised there is no interest in his character in the future...
The Rock wanted to turn Black Adam into the centerpiece of the DC Extended Universe, like Iron Man for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and then control the direction of the universe. He kept repeating "The hierarchy of power is about to change" all over his social media.

Then the movie performed badly at the box office, which convinced DC to abandon the Rock's plans, and he reacted poorly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rock wanted to turn Black Adam into the centerpiece of the DC Extended Universe, like Iron Man for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and then control the direction of the universe. He kept repeating "The hierarchy of power is about to change" all over his social media.

Then the movie performed badly at the box office, which convinced DC to abandon the Rock's plans, and he reacted poorly.

so the rock was the one who wanted to make the movie?? if he really thought that black adam would be a centerpiece to the DC cinematic universe then he really disrespected the comic book culture...