• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Billy Win's The Fed Ex Cup!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!!!!

I guess that dropped second shot into the water last week helped him!

Wish him the best of luck!

$10 million dollars richer!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator Chomp!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to see him win...East Lake is not a bomber's course...I think Rory was starting to fell like he's better than he actually is...imo he was over swinging a bit lately I think and it's hard to recover on that course.

The long par putt saved Horshel, but Jim pattern of mistakes late took the pressure off him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory's huge success in 4 straight hurt him imo. I mean it did get him into the position to win the Fed Ex Cup but I think it got into his head

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory's huge success in 4 straight hurt him imo. I mean it did get him into the position to win the Fed Ex Cup but I think it got into his head

He was just in bombs away mode with the driver because it is an advantage most of the time, but in 3"-4" bermuda rough on hard greens you're going to make some bogeys...I thought his bogey from near the OB fence was going to be 7 or worse actually...got real lucky getting his 2nd thru the trees...could've easily stayed in the trees with that shot because he didn't have enough room to go over them.

Outstanding talent, but needs to realize he can't over power every course.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just in bombs away mode with the driver because it is an advantage most of the time, but in 3"-4" bermuda rough on hard greens you're going to make some bogeys...I thought his bogey from near the OB fence was going to be 7 or worse actually...got real lucky getting his 2nd thru the trees...could've easily stayed in the trees with that shot because he didn't have enough room to go over them.

Outstanding talent, but needs to realize he can't over power every course.

Weren't they saying that on Saturday as well. Something about how Rory has won all those tournaments on anything BUT what they played on last weekend?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't they saying that on Saturday as well. Something about how Rory has won all those tournaments on anything BUT what they played on last weekend?

I suppose...didn't see Sat coverage much, but Idt he grew up playing bermuda courses...Augusta is actually bermuda fairways, but they're dormant and overseeded during the Masters...the greens are bent though, probably similar to what you guys play on up there.

ATL is about as far south as you go for bent greens, but it suffers from the extreme heat and humidity Jul/Aug

Eastlake was played on Bent greens/bermuda fairway/rough up until 3 years ago, they converted to this new hybrid bermuda grass...finer blade, can cut it lower and less grain than regular bermuda, much firmer and faster too...still more grain than bent so putting on it takes some getting used to....the real challenge is the rough...fescue or KY bluegrass you can still get the club thru it and maybe get more grooves on the ball to get some spin...bermuda, even at 3" the ball won't have much spin at all, so you hit the green and it just takes off...