• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills v. Chiefs

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions?

Chiefs are red hot. They have absolutely slaughtered some pretty good teams in the past four weeks. The whipping they put on Denver was impressive. They beat a rejuvenated Lions team. A ten-point win over the Steelers. A 30 point pasting of the Chargers. That's no joke.

Yet, I can't help but give the Bills a chance against Alex Smith.

If memory serves, the Bills usually put it together when they play the Chiefs.

This one is close to a "must-win". Chiefs favored by 5. For good reason...but do you BILL-LIEVE?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a good game.

I expect a low scoring affair. Taylor looks to be ready to play... hopefully he can make all the throws. This game will be important for him.

No Mario this week, I think.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this might be the kind of game where the QB that can make a few extra throws gets the win.

If they win this and then Houston next week they are sitting in great position for the WC. Giant "ifs" though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a very interesting football game. I think the most disciplined defense wins. It's going to be the small blunders that sway this game either way.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a very interesting football game. I think the most disciplined defense wins. It's going to be the small blunders that sway this game either way.

If discipline is the deciding factor the Bills have no chance.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Gilmore is a grabby defender.

On a side note. Glad to see Thigpen signed back! Thought it was ridiculous that he was cut in the first place. Great returner.... and we can't trust McKelvin now, and Moore just sucks.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If discipline is the deciding factor the Bills have no chance.

Like I said.

Hughes you friggin' moron. Dumbest penalty of the year candidate (there are just so many for the Bills I hesitate to anoint one). Sometimes we forget how few brain cells some of these guys have.

Watkins covered well in second half. This drive is where you need your #1 elite WR. Let's see what happens...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! Hogan catches the ball, takes four (4), steps and they call incomplete???? Bad that Rex doesn't challenge that. But the refs shouldn't put them in that position.

Pathetic

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree on the refs, this is almost 100% on Ryan. By this point in the season it's well-known NFL officiating is at an all-time low and you need to be aware and ready to challenge anything close because they probably got it wrong.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree on the refs, this is almost 100% on Ryan. By this point in the season it's well-known NFL officiating is at an all-time low and you need to be aware and ready to challenge anything close because they probably got it wrong.

I agree. How the video guys didn't tell him to throw those two flags is beyond me. And the two he did throw were obvious bad ones.

6-158-2 for Sammy in the first half. 2 targets in the second???? How? How?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have had a few more targets, but they even showed during the game a montage of routes Watkins ran showing he was covered well in the second half. He just wasn't open that much.

I know you love Watkins, and I don't deny him a certain level of talent, but it is sometimes on him when he's not getting receptions. Your theory makes him literally immune from criticism.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, nobody talks about the Bills not having their three best defensive players... and we lost Bradham in-game. Gilmore and Darby didn't have good games, which is rare (other than penalties).

And I'm not saying we would have won, but go back and look at three huge plays by Maclin.

1) - ball tip hits ground during catch setting up Ware TD... that's on our coaches, but c'mon refs.
2) - Darby gets blocked BEFORE Maclin catches a screen pass on 3rd and 4, leading to a FG.
3) - Maclin pushes off (very obvious) on his TD catch.

Good teams overcome this, but my lord it's frustrating looking at these losses. Officiating has been terrible all around the NFL this year, but Buffalo seem to get screwed at crucial moments time and time again this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have had a few more targets, but they even showed during the game a montage of routes Watkins ran showing he was covered well in the second half. He just wasn't open that much.

I know you love Watkins, and I don't deny him a certain level of talent, but it is sometimes on him when he's not getting receptions. Your theory makes him literally immune from criticism.

Watkins was covered pretty well in the first half too. The difference was, he was given chances anyway.... and look what happened. There will be plays he's covered, but there is no excuse for not looking his way in the second half.

Rex and Roman deserve a Enemkpali right hook. Taylor owns a little blame too, as he should notice that Sammy needs to get the ball when he isn't.

So frustrating.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, nobody talks about the Bills not having their three best defensive players... and we lost Bradham in-game. Gilmore and Darby didn't have good games, which is rare (other than penalties).

And I'm not saying we would have won, but go back and look at three huge plays by Maclin.

1) - ball tip hits ground during catch setting up Ware TD... that's on our coaches, but c'mon refs.
2) - Darby gets blocked BEFORE Maclin catches a screen pass on 3rd and 4, leading to a FG.
3) - Maclin pushes off (very obvious) on his TD catch.

Good teams overcome this, but my lord it's frustrating looking at these losses. Officiating has been terrible all around the NFL this year, but Buffalo seem to get screwed at crucial moments time and time again this year.

Maclin pushed off but that wasn't the TD pass, it was the diving catch in the third quarter. (Not making a point here, but if Smith lead him more that would have been a TD, as well as the ball that hit the ground. Can't credit the defense for the QB shorting the ball, but I can see that as frustrating.) Chiefs Alex Smith deep pass to Jeremy Maclin for 32 yards - NFL Videos

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! Hogan catches the ball, takes four (4), steps and they call incomplete???? Bad that Rex doesn't challenge that. But the refs shouldn't put them in that position.

Pathetic

One of the bad uses of replay (smart, but against the spirit of the rule): When the Chiefs played Arizona last year, Arians knew that he could not challenge the play based upon Kelce's fumble, but he challenged it under the guise of whether Kelce caught the ball. Kelce caught the ball and ran it 6-12 on yards but when they replay, the replay everything. The Chiefs were going to win that game, I think.

Arizona Cardinals force Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce fumble - NFL Videos

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pathetic

Maybe it's because I'm a homer but I swear I have never seen a team get screwed over as consistently as the Bills

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I'm a homer but I swear I have never seen a team get screwed over as consistently as the Bills

I honestly think anyone, at this point, who says with optimism "I feel good about next year" (usually around Week 10 of THIS year, ad infinitum) is a homer.

That said, I think you are half-right. They do seem to get screwed by the refs more than the good teams do, which doesn't seem right. But the other times they get "screwed" it's really them sucking. There were multiple terrible calls, BUT they could have easily been reversed if Rex has thrown the flag. That's 100% their fault, it's typical Bills, and they will continue to an NFL joke like the Lions, Jags, and Raiders until further notice.