• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills Fire OC Greg Roman

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about that?

Nah, it is more about using what you have, and adjusting for it. More than what your offensive philosophy is. IF you don't have enough talent even with adjustments, what can you do?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't going to do us any good. There's no fix to a franchise that loses as many key players to injury as we do on a yearly basis.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two issues Buffalo was having in an article I read said the third down conversion rate was not good and the plays were getting in late to the QB. Sound familiar?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wsa a great narrative in Niner land....offensive problems? Blame Roman....

...what a load of crap that was, and still is. Buffalo just put up nearly 400 yards in barely 20 minutes in TOP, but the Jets go for nearly 500 yards...everything points to the defense.

Oh wait....who runs that defense again....any relationships to uppers in the Buff. organization?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are a dumpster fire. No idea why Roman was the scapegoat here. Rex Ryan is a shitty HC and alwys has been. The defense let Ryan Fitzpatrick carve them up for over 400 passing yards. WTF! Rex should be history, but the Bills FO has no ball sack to fire him. The Bills scored plenty in this game, it was the defense which stunk it up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This wsa a great narrative in Niner land....offensive problems? Blame Roman....

...what a load of crap that was, and still is. Buffalo just put up nearly 400 yards in barely 20 minutes in TOP, but the Jets go for nearly 500 yards...everything points to the defense.

Oh wait....who runs that defense again....any relationships to uppers in the Buff. organization?

agree

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL he was so bad. He is the 3rd worst OC we ever had. 1st was Jimmy Raye, 2nd was Chyrst and 3rd was Roman. Sorry for misspelled names, I been drinking.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of a deflection by Rex to throw the focus off his incompetent brother.

Shitty back stabbing move that unnecessarily damages Greg Romans career.

Rex Ryan and Jeff Fisher will be the first coaches fired this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm , so the Bills score 31 points and give up 37 against the Jets and that's the OC's fault? :scratch:
I agree it was a weird game to fire him on but overall he sucks.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman wasn't anywhere close to the worst OC the Niners ever had. However, it is funny to see that he still has trouble on 3rd down and can't get plays called in time--simply amazing.

Roman had some serious shortcomings, and it sounds like Buffalo was tired of those shortocmings--still, firing the OC after the offense put up 30+ points is weak sauce. We all know Rob Ryan was the one that needed firing. Still, from what I can find, Roman's offense was one of the best, if not the best, that Rex ever had as a HC (Buffalor or NYJ).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman wasn't anywhere close to the worst OC the Niners ever had. However, it is funny to see that he still has trouble on 3rd down and can't get plays called in time--simply amazing.

Roman had some serious shortcomings, and it sounds like Buffalo was tired of those shortocmings--still, firing the OC after the offense put up 30+ points is weak sauce. We all know Rob Ryan was the one that needed firing. Still, from what I can find, Roman's offense was one of the best, if not the best, that Rex ever had as a HC (Buffalor or NYJ).

Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler would probably be the worst in recent years. They made Harbaugh/Roman's functional offense look like world beaters. Their offense (Roman/Harbaugh) overall wasn't bad and they did a good job getting Alex Smith on track.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reeks of a deflection by Rex to throw the focus off his incompetent brother.

Shitty back stabbing move that unnecessarily damages Greg Romans career.

Rex Ryan and Jeff Fisher will be the first coaches fired this season.

I would agree with you, but for some reason, I bet Fisher gets his 3 year extension.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you, but for some reason, I bet Fisher gets his 3 year extension.

If Fisher finishes less than .500 and still gets a three year extension that says their FO is as bad as ours. I would think they would want to find an offensive minded HC. someone like a Bruce Arians who is known to be a good QB coach to help develop Goff since they gave up the farm for him.