• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Russell shouldn't be on anyone's top 10 list.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? Homer? I'm a Warriors fan. But I do agree, there's no comparing the two indeed.

Also, it doesn't matter WHY LeBron was way better, if back issues are the reason (they aren't but for the sake of argument). He was way better, full stop. I would be better than LeBron but I'm only 6'0" I guess works for you too? Jimmer Fredette is basically LeBron but shorter and smaller and slower and less skilled.

@PickleRick

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron being a power forward instantly drops Bird to 2. Bird was just a lebron who had his career shortened by back issues. Lebrons durability (The one thing seperating the two) with his amazing stats and winning makes there no comparison when it comes to forwards.

If Bird had a longer career, there is a great chance he is #1 but I was also thinking about Duncan being in the mix too. If you are including PF's and SFs then it is Bird, Lebron and Duncan in some order which I wouldn't argue with much. However, I do think Duncan is really a center.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not one here calling bill russell a role player, or players from the 60's midgets. comparing different era's is nonsensical on many different levels. look at the nfl. with all the rule changes, how could you compare the current era to any other?

the point i'm trying to make is the players in the 60's could compete in today's game.
There are a handful of 60s greats who could indeed compete today. Russell would be a solid player, 1 or 2 allstar games, Rudy Gobert like ceiling. Wilt would be a perennial allstar, as would Oscar. But they wouldn't dominate.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...I'm speechless

The ONLY thing Bird was better at was 3 pointers (37.6% vs 34.3%). In every single other aspect of the game of basketball LeBron James is the better player and it's not even debatable

Oh wait....I just got trolled didn't I?

bird was a better shooter and passer. lebron might be better at point forward.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? Homer? I'm a Warriors fan. But I do agree, there's no comparing the two indeed.
You are also a die hard lebron homer. You can look up your lovely stats if you want. Birds prime was equal to if not greatee than lebrons. And i already said it isnt a comparison as Bird is clearly inferior to lebron by longevity alone.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bird had a longer career, there is a great chance he is #1 but I was also thinking about Duncan being in the mix too. If you are including PF's and SFs then it is Bird, Lebron and Duncan in some order which I wouldn't argue with much. However, I do think Duncan is really a center.

duncan definitely at power forward. he was a good but not great center.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His short lived prime was more impressive than even Lebron. People forget that he suffered compression injuries to his back very early in his career. He had to play his heart out and destroy his body to equal the stats that lebron could do just naturally. That is part of the reason i said there is no comparing the two. Dont be a homer.

His short lived prime?:pound:This is even funnier because I'm unsober right now. Larry Legend's "short lived prime" consisted of nine 1st team selections. And in 1986 became only the 3rd player in history to win League MVP 3 years in a row. Please keep the laughs rolling.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bird was a better shooter and passer. lebron might be at point forward.
Hes just a secret lebron dick coddler. Always has been. I mean, he happened to simply miss ft percentage and overall shooting percentage when he found that lovely 3 point percentage thingy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hilarious that picklerick fella called you a LeBron homer.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His short lived prime?:pound:This is even funnier because I'm unsober right now. Larry Legend's "short lived prime" consisted of nine 1st team selections. And in 1986 became only the 3rd player in history to win League MVP 3 years in a row. Please keep the laughs rolling.
He did that with advanced degenerative disc disease. In the offseason after his 3rd straight mvps he threw his back out doing dishes. It WAS a shortened prime. The fact that he was still great even hobbled only furthers my claim of his greatness. I am simply stating that lebron is superior because of longevity. Thats my stance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not one here calling bill russell a role player, or players from the 60's midgets. comparing different era's is nonsensical on many different levels. look at the nfl. with all the rule changes, how could you compare the current era to any other?

the point i'm trying to make is the players in the 60's could compete in today's game. they weren't no talent midgets.

I'm just here for the popcorn. Is it ready yet @ChiefsLakers67?:heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did that with advanced degenerative disc disease. In the offseason after his 3rd straight mvps he threw his back out doing dishes. It WAS a shortened prime. The fact that he was still great even hobbled only furthers my claim of his greatness. I am simply stating that lebron is superior because of longevity. Thats my stance.

You don't have to tell me Bird's history. I'm a Celtics fan & he's my all time favorite player.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooter, a little. Passer, not so sure.

both very passers. i even rate lebron as a better player than jordan. but based on pure passing skill i'd probably rate bird higher, however lebron is more of a play making forward who creates more openings and sets players up with good passes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, you are so full of shit. You cant say you are here for popcirn your 3rd post when your first two were clearly talking shit. Fucking retard,lol.

Only a fucking idiot like yourself would think there was any truth to that comment. You really are a dumbass.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, im wamu, if i call people alot of names and talk enough shit, theyll forget that my posts are fucking stupid.
Honesty is the best policy. Im proud of you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honesty is the best policy. Im proud of you.

That's the best you got? Take my comment & totally change it? Now that's not only lame but weak as hell.

You proved how much of clown you really are when you called msgkings a LeBron homer.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the best you got? Take my comment & totally change it? Now that's not only lame but weak as hell.

You proved how much of clown you really are when you called msgkings a LeBron homer.
Lol, are you guys going steady? Thank god you are here to white knight your gal pal msg.