• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Parcells to coach the saints?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sean Payton has even broached the subject then he has to be the stupidest person on Earth. What would happen if Parcells led the team to a Super Bowl victory? Being suspended a year is already putting him in the hot seat. He shouldn't be adding to that insanity by suggesting to the Saints hiring people who can/would prove that he wasn't actually the driving force for the teams success. Frankly, he needs to hope that the team is very mediocre in his absence.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sean Payton should be calling up Singletary and offering him the job. :-)

Could you imagine Singletary paired up with the high flying Saints offense?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How serious do you guys think this is? My initial perception is that he'd be something a bit more than a figurehead....but not much. I could see him doing fine work in terms of keeping guys focused, motivated, laying the hammer when necessary.....but in terms of gameplanning, strategy, personnel, all that other stuff, I don't see how he could have a great impact.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or have some of the more sensational stories this offseason literally gravitated to the most sensational of possible situations? Like two stars that can't escape each other's grasp. A few examples below, I know there are plenty of big stories that don't fit the mold (Mario to Buf, for example).

- 12 teams in the running for Peyton and it comes down to 3 teams made up of Tebow-land, a contender with an UFA QB surrounded by continued speculation, and the team closest to his Alma Mater. He ends up displacing the Lord's other son. Gold.

- Tebow to NYJ - Is there a more sensational destination for the media? Is platinum more valuable than gold?

If this one comes to pass, I wouldn't be sure what to think other than Ditka must not have felt like leaving ESPN.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Could you imagine Singletary paired up with the high flying Saints offense?

Yes. Whoever scored a TD would celebrate by whipping his junk out. They would've done this with the Niners too except the Niners didn't score Touchdowns when Sing was the HC.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parcells is headed to the HOF , it was reported that if he comes back for 1 more season to coach he will have to wait another 5 years to get into Canton. I would have to think that it would be a well paid 1 year deal:tongue: