• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Cowher

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are your thoughts, I think he would make the perfect coach for the Chargers. They have alot of talent but there coach is a middle of the road guy who is a better coordinator.

Niners are my first love but I like the Chargers for some odd reason but they havent lived up to there hype

Do you think that Bill Cowher could turn there team around?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins? If they have a shot at Andrew Luck i am sure he would be wanted in Miami. He has to be the most desired coach right now with not a lot of other options out there.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Cowher was this great coach. He had one of the most talented teams in the league for the better part of 15 years and only managed to go to two Super Bowls. He had 4 AFC championship game losses and 2 division game losses. His stretch in Pittsburgh was quite similar to Turner's in San Diego: he rolled through an easy division, won some playoff games, and lost the big playoff games with one of the most talented lineups in the league. He got one Super Bowl at the end, but Tomlin equaled that in two years. San Diego should try to find the next great coaching mind, not a solid but unelite coach like Cowher.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers do NOT have a lot of talent.

They have an upper-second-tier QB.
They have an over-the-hill, injury prone HOF TE.
They have an elite WR.
They have... ah...
They have... um...
They have...

Yea. They have a lot of talent.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never was a Cower fan,let him stay in broadcasting

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Oh so wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.

Do you think he is elite or average?

I happen to believe he is between the two, and with no team around him, he becomes average at best.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are your thoughts, I think he would make the perfect coach for the Chargers. They have alot of talent but there coach is a middle of the road guy who is a better coordinator.

Niners are my first love but I like the Chargers for some odd reason but they havent lived up to there hype

Do you think that Bill Cowher could turn there team around?

Never thought much of Cowher. He doesn't understand offense.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't quite understand why everyone thinks Cowher was this great coach. He had one of the most talented teams in the league for the better part of 15 years and only managed to go to two Super Bowls. He had 4 AFC championship game losses and 2 division game losses. His stretch in Pittsburgh was quite similar to Turner's in San Diego: he rolled through an easy division, won some playoff games, and lost the big playoff games with one of the most talented lineups in the league. He got one Super Bowl at the end, but Tomlin equaled that in two years. San Diego should try to find the next great coaching mind, not a solid but unelite coach like Cowher.

You made a good point, that team was loaded and should of won a few superbowls Greg Lloyd, Kevin Green, Woodson, all man I use to love that Steeler team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe some of the most talented defenses, but their Quarterbacks under Cowher were far from being one of the most talented. Which is a pretty big hindrance to an NFL team trying to win the Super Bowl. Is that really Cowher's fault O'Donnell threw three interceptions against the Cowboys?

Cowher is a good coach, I wouldn't say elite, but he is far from incompetent. At least he delivered the top defenses and good running games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you think he is elite or average?

I happen to believe he is between the two, and with no team around him, he becomes average at best.

Rivers is one of the best QBs in the NFL who's having a bad season and whose team is in a downward spiral. In fact he played better than Manning in '08 when Manning won the MVP, and he probably played the 2nd or 3rd best of any QB in the league last year. One might argue over the last 5 years he's been a top 3 QB in the NFL at worst.

2nd tier??? No. He's having a down year. It happens.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins? If they have a shot at Andrew Luck i am sure he would be wanted in Miami. He has to be the most desired coach right now with not a lot of other options out there.

What QB was he responsible for grooming? I suppose you could count his three years with Roethlisberger, but Roethlisberger went 15-1 in his rookie season, largely because of defense and running game. Roethlisberger didn't become a passing threat until after Cowher quit.

That would be a bad fit for everybody, in my opinion.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What QB was he responsible for grooming? I suppose you could count his three years with Roethlisberger, but Roethlisberger went 15-1 in his rookie season, largely because of defense and running game. Roethlisberger didn't become a passing threat until after Cowher quit.

Oh, i wasn't insinuating that he would groom Luck, but i know they are supposed to be going after a high profile coach in the off season and Cowher is one of the more desired possibilities with the lack of potential Head Coaching candidates. I'm sure he could find an OC capable of grooming him, all though Luck doesn't need as much grooming as most quarterbacks coming out of college IMO.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That wasn't my point, but i would say that isn't a fair speculation to make. He only had him for 3 years and Ken Whisenhunt was the guy calling the shots on Offense anyways.