• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest reason why we’re 0-2, how is this possible?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2????????

Unless the Raiders and Bears somehow have a God tier Offensive line compared to last year, how in the world have we gotten worse in probably the only aspect we were great in last year?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that the other team has been able to run the ball with success. When the other team is committed to running the ball, you don't stop it, and your offense doesn't put up points then you don't get the obvious pass rush opportunities.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that the other team has been able to run the ball with success. When the other team is committed to running the ball, you don't stop it, and your offense doesn't put up points then you don't get the obvious pass rush opportunities.

^This. Add to that, quick QB throws and multiple lineman/TE's chipping Von and Chubb. If our middle D line and backers were doing their job, it would create pressure up the middle. I think Fangio may need to blitz a bit more to bring added pressure. Seems like he's more comfortable only rushing four. Need to mix it up, IMO.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that we've been playing from behind throughout both games. Pass rushers are most effective with a lead. And our offense isn't being productive enough to get us a lead. And teams don't respect Flacco enough for our offense to be effective.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that we've been playing from behind throughout both games. Pass rushers are most effective with a lead. And our offense isn't being productive enough to get us a lead. And teams don't respect Flacco enough for our offense to be effective.

Your point about Flacco - was close to what I was saying just now in the Adversity thread. They are still running the offense they would run for Semien. When you see Keenum kind of unleashed this season - you can see the Broncos did the same thing with him.

I think the difference is just how Flacco brought the team back in the Bears game - earned him a lot of respect from the coaches and players. The rubber band is going to come off the play book.