• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest non-injury disappointments?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Demarcus Lawrence and Darren McFadden. Both these guys were going to be difference makers this year, Lawrence was supposed to breakout, and McFadden was finally going to find himself in the NFL, or at least so I thought - shows what I know.

Who is your biggest disappointment?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Terrance Williams
2. Jason Garrett/ Coaching staff- although I'm still a huge supporter
3. Oline as a whole

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I thought Demarcus Lawrence had made some nice plays for us and has put a lot of pressure on the QB at times. The other pass rushers have been out which makes it hard on the one guy left standing because they can do so much to neutralize you if you are the only option. As Parcells used to say, 'if you have one pass rusher, you have no pass rushers'

My biggest disappointment has been the injuries. Piled on top of the suspensions its been tough. Also, the OL. They have been pretty good, but we need them to be great until we get back to health.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Terrance Williams
3. Oline as a whole

1. Agreed, Williams has not been good. But hard to judge him accurately with Weeden throwing him the ball and no Dez on the field.

2. I'm not ready to throw the coaching staff under the bus right now, their hands have been tied with all the injuries. I honestly think that the offense is so Vanilla because that is all Weeden can handle, he is incapable of pushing the ball down the field - I could be wrong about that though.

3. Oline is definitely being judged unfairly IMHO. Outside of Leary, I think everyone else is playing decent enough. When defenses are sticking 8 guys in the box 75% of the time because they know your QB isn't going to throw down field, it makes it hard to run block. Put that with Weeden's piss poor pocket awareness and you have a recipe for making a good Oline look mediocre.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I thought Demarcus Lawrence had made some nice plays for us and has put a lot of pressure on the QB at times. The other pass rushers have been out which makes it hard on the one guy left standing because they can do so much to neutralize you if you are the only option. As Parcells used to say, 'if you have one pass rusher, you have no pass rushers'

My biggest disappointment has been the injuries. Piled on top of the suspensions its been tough. Also, the OL. They have been pretty good, but we need them to be great until we get back to health.

Your point about DLaw is well taken, but I was hoping to see Lawrence in opposing teams backfields a lot more often than we have. 7 tackles and 1 sack through 5 games is lackluster to say the least.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the answer is injuries . I think injuries have affected the entire team except for maybe Bailey. It's the Magic Johnson effect. Romo makes the whole team better. Dez makes the whole team better. Hardy is gonna make the Dline better, etc.

As far as the players I think that have played bad. 1. Williams. 2. Church. 3. Escobar

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the answer is injuries . I think injuries have affected the entire team except for maybe Bailey. It's the Magic Johnson effect. Romo makes the whole team better. Dez makes the whole team better.

I think we all knew how valuable Romo is to this team. But not having Dez out there is really compounding the issue. The offense really is predicated on Dez and how defenses cover him - he really opens the whole thing up for everyone else. Dez is the only guy we have who can consistently win against double teams, and he shreds single coverage 100% of the time. Double cover anyone else on this team and you have to file a missing persons report. With Dez constantly getting Safety help over the top it opens up running lanes that aren't there with him out.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Terrance Williams
3. Oline as a whole

Terrance Williams I can agree with, he has had way to many drops and can't beat single coverage to save his life. As for the coaching staff, well they have been poor at halftime adjustments but to be fair look at the hand they have been dealt. No Romo, no Dez and several defensive suspensions. The O-line IMO has been fine with the exception of Leary and he isn't 100% healthy. Romo helps this O-line a lot more than he's given credit for. He's good at moving around in the pocket and buying time, something Weeden sucks at. Also with no Dez and no Romo teams stack 8 to 9 in the box, hard for 5 guys to block that many. Get Dez and Romo back and the O-line, coaching staff, and running game will get better. Oh and the defense will be on the field a lot less, and with this new found pass rush, will play a lot better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWilliams has been exposed as a guy who put up numbers because of the attention to Dez and Murray last year

Not thrilled with playcalling, but they are also playing with a short deck

Really disappointed in TSmith. He has been beaten more already this season than the last two years combined

Also disappointed in Randle. If Murray left meat on the bone, Randle has left a whole damn steak

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissapointed with the coaches for giving players like street and randal playing time.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox & Church

pitiful

Church has been bad, but I think Wilcox has been better/passable. The coaching staff needs to stop playing Wilcox out of position and keep Church on the sideline. Pair Wilcox and Jones at Safety and we might have something.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church and his non tackeling. The defense not getting many turnovers. Claiborne can't catch a cold. The return game is awful. Dr. Checkdown.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. T. Williams
2. J. Randle
3a. OL
3b. Garett both game management, play calling, and team discipline.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted the rookie Jones to be a cb, but after last week I'm convinced he's a FS. Let me add Claiborne to the disappointment slash bust list.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted the rookie Jones to be a cb, but after last week I'm convinced he's a FS. Let me add Claiborne to the disappointment slash bust list.
I think Claiborne is playing pretty well this year, but even if you don't...isn't he playing better than you expected?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Claiborne is playing pretty well this year, but even if you don't...isn't he playing better than you expected?
Claiborne is Jacque Reeves 2.0 Always in the right freaking position to make a freaking play, Never pulls the trigger though. That frustrates the heck out of me. I can never get past the fact that he was supposed to be the guy when drafted that could turn this defense around and special teams. To his credit he has salvaged his career. I was just hoping this year he would live up to his initial billing.