• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Impact

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D’Eriq King at the “U” or Felipe Franks with the Hogs?

Who has the better season?

I have nothing against Franks, but his time at Florida seemed like it floundered. Never thought for once he was going to command an offense to the promise land.

King is a QB that can make so much happen when the pocket collapses or there’s heavy pressure.

My money is on King.

So naturally Franks will have an outstanding season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King isn't a good enough QB to overcome the dysfunction down at Miami. That program is an embarrassment right now. I have no idea why that's where he picked of all his options.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King is the better QB and Miami is still probably in better shape than Arkansas. Miami has a couple top 10 classes in the last 4 years, Arkansas I don't think has finished in the top 25 in that span; certainly not the top 20. Miami also has an easier path to success in their conference.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say King and Miami, and it should be King and Miami, but.... Miami

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King isn't a good enough QB to overcome the dysfunction down at Miami. That program is an embarrassment right now. I have no idea why that's where he picked of all his options.

It makes sense given who Miami hired as OC. If the OC does what he's done, which is a version of the air raid, it fits with what King will want to do. But you're definitely right, there is a lot of dysfunction in Miami right now.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King is the better QB and Miami is still probably in better shape than Arkansas. Miami has a couple top 10 classes in the last 4 years, Arkansas I don't think has finished in the top 25 in that span; certainly not the top 20. Miami also has an easier path to success in their conference.

The average recruiting ranking of the players on the Arkansas roster this year was 26th. We usually recruit around 20-30 and finished 23rd last year. The early signing period during coaching transition years have hurt us though, finished 49th the year Morris was hired and are only 48th right now since Pittman has only had a few months but that may move up some. Morris actually signed the most 4 stars last year that we've ever signed in one class with 14, he just couldn't do anything with them because he's a horrible coach.

I don't think Franks is a world beater but he's definitely an upgrade over Hicks/Starkel for us, we haven't had a QB with 31 TDs like he had in 2018 since 2015. King playing in the SEC West I'm not sure how he would hold up running so much. I would have rather had him but we couldn't really tell Franks no and possibly miss out on both since the deadline to enroll for spring was basically yesterday. Could turn out to be the best situation for everyone involved.

Our offense actually isn't too far off from being pretty good, we had 2 freshman all-american receivers this year and have a 1,000 yard rusher back with Pittman now looking after the OL. QB was our biggest issue so if Franks can just be decent we could score some points but it'll still be stopping people that's the problem.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average recruiting ranking of the players on the Arkansas roster this year was 26th. We usually recruit around 20-30 and finished 23rd last year. The early signing period during coaching transition years have hurt us though, finished 49th the year Morris was hired and are only 48th right now since Pittman has only had a few months but that may move up some. Morris actually signed the most 4 stars last year that we've ever signed in one class with 14, he just couldn't do anything with them because he's a horrible coach.

I don't think Franks is a world beater but he's definitely an upgrade over Hicks/Starkel for us, we haven't had a QB with 31 TDs like he had in 2018 since 2015. King playing in the SEC West I'm not sure how he would hold up running so much. I would have rather had him but we couldn't really tell Franks no and possibly miss out on both since the deadline to enroll for spring was basically yesterday. Could turn out to be the best situation for everyone involved.

Our offense actually isn't too far off from being pretty good, we had 2 freshman all-american receivers this year and have a 1,000 yard rusher back with Pittman now looking after the OL. QB was our biggest issue so if Franks can just be decent we could score some points but it'll still be stopping people that's the problem.

2019:
UM: 27
Ark: 23

2018:
UM: 8
Ark: 49

2017:
UM: 12
Ark: 27

2016:
UM: 22

UM has two very solid classes. Now I'm not sure how many of those guys are still there but they *should have a decent head start. Arkansas, in terms of the SEC, has some pretty below average classes and is going to have a lot of trouble competing for anything meaningful in their division.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019:

2018:

2017:

2016:

UM has two very solid classes. Now I'm not sure how many of those guys are still there but they *should have a decent head start. Arkansas, in terms of the SEC, has some pretty below average classes and is going to have a lot of trouble competing for anything meaningful in their division.

Yeah, same problem the rest of the SEC outside of the top 6-7 have each year. Basically the entire conference finishes in the top 35 or so. Ridiculous lol

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D’Eriq King at the “U” or Felipe Franks with the Hogs?

Who has the better season?

I have nothing against Franks, but his time at Florida seemed like it floundered. Never thought for once he was going to command an offense to the promise land.

King is a QB that can make so much happen when the pocket collapses or there’s heavy pressure.

My money is on King.

So naturally Franks will have an outstanding season.

Well, Miami isn't quite the dumpster fire that Arkansas is; and they don't have to play an SEC schedule, so something is way-bad wrong in Upper Cuba if King doesn't have a better season than Franks.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019:

2018:

2017:

2016:

Where are you getting your numbers from?