• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII Wrestling Tourney

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, when the hell did we make so many wrestling pick ups?

I had no idea Fresno and NIU amongst others joined the conference.

Also WVU having wrestling is a great thing but with OU looking to dismantle their program in favor of Lacrosse, how long until we find dogs in the B1G for wrestling?

FB-IMG-1551539877629.jpg

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also WVU having wrestling is a great thing but with OU looking to dismantle their program in favor of Lacrosse, how long until we find dogs in the B1G for wrestling?

FB-IMG-1551539877629.jpg

It's been a few years. I go to the BOK Center in the suites to watch the tourney every year. I'll be there this weekend again.

It's University of Northern Iowa not NIU.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FB-IMG-1551539877629.jpg

I was jazzed when we invited South Dakota State and North Dakota State to the conference. I'm a SDSU alum and wrestling is big there so it's good that they are in a P5 conference for the sport.

Not a lot of schools offer it anymore but with MMA gaining popularity hopefully it experiences a rebirth.

Copejunkie

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FB-IMG-1551539877629.jpg
What is this about OU wanting to do away with their wrestling program?

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this about OU wanting to do away with their wrestling program?

They are exploring dropping wrestling for Lacrosse. Their Lacrosse team is very good, but still a club team. They are in the highest division of Lacrosse that has Big XII, SEC, and Division I Texas Universities.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was jazzed when we invited South Dakota State and North Dakota State to the conference. I'm a SDSU alum and wrestling is big there so it's good that they are in a P5 conference for the sport.

Not a lot of schools offer it anymore but with MMA gaining popularity hopefully it experiences a rebirth.
SDSU alum? I went to SDSM&T.

It's too bad Gross isn't going to Wisconsin next year.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are exploring dropping wrestling for Lacrosse. Their Lacrosse team is very good, but still a club team. They are in the highest division of Lacrosse that has Big XII, SEC, and Division I Texas Universities.
Ou has a good history in wrestling, they've won a few championships years ago and up until just recently have had some pretty tough teams. That's bullshit they would want to drop wrestling. It seems to me, (granted I'm not at all close to the program) that the support for the program has not been very good the last few years.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ou has a good history in wrestling, they've won a few championships years ago and up until just recently have had some pretty tough teams. That's bullshit they would want to drop wrestling. It seems to me, (granted I'm not at all close to the program) that the support for the program has not been very good the last few years.

It's honestly kind of hard to get support for wrestling when just to your north the wrestling God's have built their house.

No kid in Oklahoma grows up saying "I'd rather wrestle at OU instead of oSu" it's just hard to pick from the best when year in year out, you are just out classed in recruiting and production.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the finals even began, Oklahoma State clinched it's 7th Big XII Wrestling Title in a row.

Pistols Firing, Go Pokes!!!!!

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the finals even began, Oklahoma State clinched it's 7th Big XII Wrestling Title in a row.

Pistols Firing, Go Pokes!!!!!
Good for them but not really unexpected. Unfortunately Iowa was 3rd in big tens. F penn st.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of 165 seeds

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of 165 seeds

It's interesting JoJo is the 33rd seed. Not often a number 1 gets a x2 All American in the first round.

Copejunkie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting JoJo is the 33rd seed. Not often a number 1 gets a x2 All American in the first round.
Its nuts. I'm expecting a better jojo at nationals than what he showed at big 12s. I'm sure he dosen't like it either.
To me and others the whole bracket is kind of a mess. You have 5 studs in the top half and only 3 in the bottom, of which everyone knows only cenzo will make the finals unless a huge upset happens. Marinelli is the 1 but lewis in the quarters and marstellar or wick(for the 4th time this year) in the semis all have a chance at beating him. Hell I think jojo gives him a tough match as well in the 1st round. Joseph lost at bigs and has an easier path as the 2. It seems there are alot of screwed up seeds this year. Stoor at 6 seed at 141 has everyone scratching their heads. Pantaleo at 4 and deakin the 3 at 157 are also screwed up. Should be reversed. 133 and 184 are real messes as well.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nuts. I'm expecting a better jojo at nationals than what he showed at big 12s. I'm sure he dosen't like it either.
To me and others the whole bracket is kind of a mess. You have 5 studs in the top half and only 3 in the bottom, of which everyone knows only cenzo will make the finals unless a huge upset happens. Marinelli is the 1 but lewis in the quarters and marstellar or wick(for the 4th time this year) in the semis all have a chance at beating him. Hell I think jojo gives him a tough match as well in the 1st round. Joseph lost at bigs and has an easier path as the 2. It seems there are alot of screwed up seeds this year. Stoor at 6 seed at 141 has everyone scratching their heads. Pantaleo at 4 and deakin the 3 at 157 are also screwed up. Should be reversed. 133 and 184 are real messes as well.

I don't think Jojo is in that good of shape for the Tourney. He came back from injury weighing 200lbs+ this off season. He was suppose to be the 157lber, but just now got back to 165lbs. Then about 8 hours before the Big XII tourney John Smith's (Jojo's grandpa) Dad passed away.

Our line up was suppose to be

157 Jojo
165 Chandler
174 Jacobe
184 Geer
197 Weigel

Before all the injuries and everyone bumped up a weight besides Chandler.