• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII likely to expand by 2... not 4

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Big XII will talk to 17 schools and choose two of them as new members.

Report: Big 12 likely to expand by 2, will talk to 17 schools

I'm trying to figure out the 17 potential members, but so far I've only come up with 14 who have expressed interest as far as I know:

10 from the American have expressed interest (all except Navy & Tulsa)
- Houston
- Tulane
- SMU
- Memphis
- Cincinnati
- USF
- UCF
- ECU
- Temple
- UConn

One independent
- BYU

3 from the MWC have expressed interest
- Boise State
- Colorado State
- New Mexico

Does anyone know the other 3 schools who have expressed interest? Perhaps some MWC schools from Nevada or California? Maybe even some MAC schools?

After all the dust is settled, I believe BYU and Houston will probably be the two new members.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Big XII will talk to 17 schools and choose two of them as new members.

I'm trying to figure out the 17 potential members, but so far I've only come up with 14 who have expressed interest as far as I know:

- Houston
- Tulane
- SMU
- Memphis
- Cincinnati
- USF
- UCF
- ECU
- Temple
- UConn

One independent
- BYU

- Boise State
- Colorado State
- New Mexico

Does anyone know the other 3 schools who have expressed interest? Perhaps some MWC schools from Nevada or California? Maybe even some MAC schools?

After all the dust is settled, I believe BYU and Houston will probably be the two new members.

The other 3 schools are:

Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida State

How do I know this? Because it was on twitter and right now there is an aggressive movement pushing the narrative that says if its on twitter, its probably true.

So fuck ya bring it on!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN also has a story saying the same thing (2 new members, not 4.... from a pool of 17 candidates).... or just remain at 10 if the Big XII cannot make up their mind.

Sources: Big 12 to talk expansion with 17 schools

San Diego State and Northern Illinois are also two of the 17 candidates per the ESPN article.

Last edited:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 3 schools are:

Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida State

How do I know this? Because it was on twitter and right now there is an aggressive movement pushing the narrative that says if its on twitter, its probably true.

So fuck ya bring it on!

They also ran stories on Colorado going back to the Big XII, and of course UCLA former coach Neuheisel saying UCLA should switch over.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 should just wait for another 3 years or so until the current GORs expires and see who's looking around then. No point adding right now.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 should just wait for another 3 years or so until the current GORs expires and see who's looking around then. No point adding right now.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BYU want's football only, they're out.
If it's all sports, they're in.

Cincinnati
Houston

It's 2 of those 3 probably.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 3 schools are:

Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida State

So fuck ya bring it on!
Notre Dame :happyshake::laugh3:

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other 3 schools are:

Notre Dame
Clemson
Florida State

So fuck ya bring it on!
I'm joking :P however IF Clemson ever joined the Big 12 that would be interesting for the ACC and how they would turn out.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately for Houston, the out of state(Texas) schools are dead set against letting Houston in; it takes 8 votes to join.

OSU's Gundy explained that faction's view: "we all recruit in Texas, and we dont want to battle another in-state school for Texas recruits." or words similar to that.

Thus, I think Houston is facing an uphill climb to gain access.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Houston
- Tulane
- SMU
- Memphis
- Cincinnati
- USF
- UCF
- ECU
- Temple
- UConn

One independent
- BYU

- Boise State
- Colorado State
- New Mexico

For God's sake would people stop saying Boise?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly right.

Texas will ride it out, and then make the best monetary/Athletics decision for them.

Everybody else in the conference will simply wait for their move.

Is this really in question?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Earle, "Home to Houston" Let's face it, Houston, we're a bunch of mercenaries. If the money is right, we will go almost anywhere and do almost anything. This spot-on tale about a truck driver who goes to Iraq to drive gasoline tankers for the big money is as true to our natures as anything ever written about this place.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Houston
- Tulane
- SMU
- Memphis
- Cincinnati
- USF
- UCF
- ECU
- Temple
- UConn

One independent
- BYU

- Boise State
- Colorado State
- New Mexico

From the ESPN article I just looked at, these are the schools interested: Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, South Florida, UCF, UConn, Memphis, Colorado St, Boise St, Tulane, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego St and Arkansas St.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm joking :P however IF Clemson ever joined the Big 12 that would be interesting for the ACC and how they would turn out.

I think there was a point a few years ago where Clemson and FSU were thinking about jumping to the Big 12. But with the GORs there is zero chance now. And it's probably the smartest thing for them to do.
Arkansas State?

I know. Why not Northeastern State?

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was a point a few years ago where Clemson and FSU were thinking about jumping to the Big 12. But with the GORs there is zero chance now. And it's probably the smartest thing for them to do.
Yeah I agree, plus if Clemson or Florida State left at this moment the ESPN would be mad with the deal they just made with the ACC.