• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big reason why patience is so key

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those "Did you know" type of questions that underlie the reason why patience is needed with Trubisky's development as a starting QB in the NFL.

So, did you know that thru their respective first 12 NFL starts Trubisky had a higher QB rating than these fellow rookies?

Mitch Trubisky - 77.8
Peyton Manning - 67.3
Matt Stafford - 64.8
Alex Smith - 62.2

Some heady company indeed. Not saying Trubs will become better a QB than any of these fellows, but it does show that patience is the key word here. We got a taste Sunday of what might be in store on many occasions down the road. Who knows, there are no guarantees in this league, but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how he develops from here on out.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also just finished his first 16 which have been better than Wentz's first 16 in most every category.

I mean, look... this is a totally hand-picked, anecdotal argument - that is for certain. I could also pick out a handful of guys with similar numbers who never grew into anything and it would carry just as much weight as citing a name like Wentz, Peyton or Stafford.

However, it does demonstrate the absurdity of evaluating Trubisky like he's already a finished product and "what he is now, is what he'll always be".

QB's all grow at different paces over their first few years. I mean, look at Watson right now. There's some real concern beginning to surface. Yet, after 5-6 games - everyone was SO SURE he was the next big thing. MaHomes looks like a god damn league MVP and there's no way around that right now. However, you never really know until a guy plays 3 seasons or so.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky:
Record: 7-9
15TD 10INT
passer rating 84.3
58 rushes for 365 yds and 3 TDs
287/460 with a completion percentage 62.4%

Wentz:
7-9
16TD 14INT
Passer rating of 79.3
46 rushes for 150 yards and 2TD
379/607 with a completion percentage of 62.44%

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Mitch in one of my fantasy leagues expecting him to be the #1 scoring QB from here on out. He's on pace to outscore everyone if you project his week 4 performance out. :yes:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Mitch in one of my fantasy leagues expecting him to be the #1 scoring QB from here on out. He's on pace to outscore everyone if you project his week 4 performance out. :yes:

I drafted him in my league.......12th pick.

Got a little flack from the guys in the league last week.....Thats alright I still won by 1 pt....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also just finished his first 16 which have been better than Wentz's first 16 in most every category.

I mean, look... this is a totally hand-picked, anecdotal argument - that is for certain. I could also pick out a handful of guys with similar numbers who never grew into anything and it would carry just as much weight as citing a name like Wentz, Peyton or Stafford.

However, it does demonstrate the absurdity of evaluating Trubisky like he's already a finished product and "what he is now, is what he'll always be".

QB's all grow at different paces over their first few years. I mean, look at Watson right now. There's some real concern beginning to surface. Yet, after 5-6 games - everyone was SO SURE he was the next big thing. MaHomes looks like a god damn league MVP and there's no way around that right now. However, you never really know until a guy plays 3 seasons or so.
I saw that 16 game stat before and it’s a little disengenuous. Wentz played 16 games in his rookie year. Trubisky played 12 and then had a whole year to reflect on his play. Before game 16 for Trubisky his stats were pretty significantly worse than Wentz’s.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has went on to such career heights as beating the Bears 7 straight times. And, well, yeah.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that 16 game stat before and it’s a little disengenuous. Wentz played 16 games in his rookie year. Trubisky played 12 and then had a whole year to reflect on his play. Before game 16 for Trubisky his stats were pretty significantly worse than Wentz’s.

Fairly certain that Trubisky had a higher rating and CMP% prior to the TB game.

And if you remove Wentz's best game... his TD-INT rate turns into a negative one and his CMP/rating also drops. So, if you really want to play that game...? Go for it.

I also am fairly certain that the whole "rookie year" "reflection" stuff is MORE than cancelled out by not only Trubisky's offensive situation in his first season (CFL WR corp, unbelievably restricted by Fox/Loggains in most games). However, also by the fact that this is his first full season as the full time starter. Where he actually got reps with the #1's throughout camp, pre-season and was prepped to be the team's starting QB.

Trubisky also had to learn two systems in two off-seasons.

So, I actually think you're right man. This is a very disingenuous comparison. Trubisky's numbers are much more impressive relative to Wentz than I thought.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has went on to such career heights as beating the Bears 7 straight times. And, well, yeah.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about that continuing for much longer. lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly certain that Trubisky had a higher rating and CMP% prior to the TB game.

And if you remove Wentz's best game... his TD-INT rate turns into a negative one and his CMP/rating also drops. So, if you really want to play that game...? Go for it.

I also am fairly certain that the whole "rookie year" "reflection" stuff is MORE than cancelled out by not only Trubisky's offensive situation in his first season (CFL WR corp, unbelievably restricted by Fox/Loggains in most games). However, also by the fact that this is his first full season as the full time starter. Where he actually got reps with the #1's throughout camp, pre-season and was prepped to be the team's starting QB.

Trubisky also had to learn two systems in two off-seasons.

So, I actually think you're right man. This is a very disingenuous comparison. Trubisky's numbers are much more impressive relative to Wentz than I thought.
You’re manipulating data to say what you want it to say. You can only compare Mitchell’s rookie year to Wentz’s rookie year. Wentz’s rookie year was way better than Trubiskys. You can use rating to say they were close, but Wentz beats him on a per game basis in every category. This comparison is stupid, by the way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re manipulating data to say what you want it to say. You can only compare Mitchell’s rookie year to Wentz’s rookie year. Wentz’s rookie year was way better than Trubiskys. You can use rating to say they were close, but Wentz beats him on a per game basis in every category. This comparison is stupid, by the way.

You’re manipulating data to say what you want it to say.

Really? Because I am pretty sure I posted a 16 game comparison of each QB using the same basic stats for each QB. What are you talking about? You cannot possibly rationalize the above statement. This is just a weird argument from you.

I literally just posted the stats... cut and dry... from their first 16 games in the league.

You die on some PEEETTTYYY fucking hills. However, even for you... this is desperate.

You can only compare Mitchell’s rookie year to Wentz’s rookie year.

No.... No I REEEEEALLLLY don't. lol. People make comparisons from a variety of certain plateaus throughout a player's career... in EVERY sport. First season. First three seasons. First 1000 AB's. Age 24 seasons. First 1000 pass attempts. First (insert games played here)

Wentz’s rookie year was way better than Trubiskys

Trubisky: 12 games 7 TD's 7 INT's 77.5 Rating 59.4% CMP 2.1 TD% 2.1 INT% 6.6 Y/A

Wentz: 16 games 16 TD's 14 INT's 79.3 Rating 62% CMP 2.6 TD% 2.3 INT% 6.2 Y/A

Beengay, do me a favor.... name one statistic on there which isn't comparable. JUST ONE.

QB Rating is 1.8 in differential
Completion percentage is 2.6% in differential
TD% is 0.5 in differential
Trubisky has a 1-1 TD/INT ratio... Wentz has 1.14-1 TD/INT ratio
Trubisky has a superior INT% by 0.2
Trubisky has better yards per attempt by 0.4

Way better...? I want you to respond this and justify that statement.

This comparison is stupid, by the way.

You are unbelievable. It's a first 16 game comparison. Hilarious. It's comparing two QB's first 16 games in the league. It could not be more cut and dry.

You can define it in different ways and draw different conclusions based on some different variables. Just like you could say Wentz was a rookie for all 16 games instead of 12 of 16. I could easily say Trubisky had 12 of 16 of those games without coming into the year and having a training camp as a starter. However, saying that this is manipulation... it just makes you look desperate. This is a very basic measurement.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are manipulating data to say what you want it to say

This comparison is stupid, by the way

@Beengay fudgepackers

STOP... with these vague, blanket and passive aggressive comments with which you NEVER, EVER stop to justify. If you're going to say this shit. Back it up.

You just spew shit. Spew and spew. You go after other people's thought out and researched arguments. Trying to attack them with sneaky little snot-nosed comments, in place of engaging them in discourse.

Then you act like the "victim" when you get a well deserved smack back at you.

That is shit, man. Utter shit. If you want to go after my comparison. Actually give me a breakdown to backup what your SPECIFIC issues are with it. "It's stupid"... Seriously?... Are you actually serious with that? Grow up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re manipulating data to say what you want it to say.

Really? Because I am pretty sure I posted a 16 game comparison of each QB using the same basic stats for each QB. What are you talking about? You cannot possibly rationalize the above statement. This is just a weird argument from you.

I literally just posted the stats... cut and dry... from their first 16 games in the league.

You die on some PEEETTTYYY fucking hills. However, even for you... this is desperate.

You can only compare Mitchell’s rookie year to Wentz’s rookie year.

No.... No I REEEEEALLLLY don't. lol. People make comparisons from a variety of certain plateaus throughout a player's career... in EVERY sport. First season. First three seasons. First 1000 AB's. Age 24 seasons. First 1000 pass attempts. First (insert games played here)

Trubisky: 12 games 7 TD's 7 INT's 77.5 Rating 59.4% CMP 2.1 TD% 2.1 INT% 6.6 Y/A

Beengay, do me a favor.... name one statistic on there which isn't comparable. JUST ONE.

Way better...? I want you to respond this and justify that statement.

This comparison is stupid, by the way.

You are unbelievable. It's a first 16 game comparison. Hilarious. It's comparing two QB's first 16 games in the league. It could not be more cut and dry.

You can define it in different ways and draw different conclusions based on some different variables. Just like you could say Wentz was a rookie for all 16 games instead of 12 of 16. I could easily say Trubisky had 12 of 16 of those games without coming into the year and having a training camp as a starter. However, saying that this is manipulation... it just makes you look desperate. This is a very basic measurement.

You are manipulating data to say what you want it to say

This comparison is stupid, by the way

@Beengay fudgepackers

STOP... with these vague, blanket and passive aggressive comments with which you NEVER, EVER stop to justify. If you're going to say this shit. Back it up.

You just spew shit. Spew and spew. You go after other people's thought out and researched arguments. Trying to attack them with sneaky little snot-nosed comments, in place of engaging them in discourse.

Then you act like the "victim" when you get a well deserved smack back at you.

That is shit, man. Utter shit. If you want to go after my comparison. Actually give me a breakdown to backup what your SPECIFIC issues are with it. "It's stupid"... Seriously?... Are you actually serious with that? Grow up.
I started reading, but after the first paragraph it become abundantly clear you don’t get it. BS is right about you. You’re a fucking retard.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started reading, but after the first paragraph it become abundantly clear you don’t get it. BS is right about you. You’re a fucking retard.

There you go again. Ad hominem attack in place of discourse. Then "You don't get it!"... with no explanation as to why. "I didn't read your post! But I already have seen you don't get it based on the ONE SINGLE paragraph I read of a long post!"

Not addressing the points or the Wentz/Trubs rookie year comparison is also hilarious and typical. Thanks for proving my point.

BS is right about you. You’re a fucking retard.

Your love affair with BS is hilarious.

And god damn... you are so sensitive. You dish it out and can't take it. You're a petulant child. You kick start this shit and then act shocked when it goes down this road.

Just talk football. Just talk fucking football and this won't be a problem.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Beengay fudgepackers

I'm going to give you a chance to talk football like a big boy. You treat me like an adult. I will reciprocate.

Name one statistic on there which isn't comparable. JUST ONE.

Way better...? I do not believe you can justify this. Not in the least. It's nearly dead even.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again. Ad hominem attack in place of discourse. Then "You don't get it!"... with no explanation as to why. "I didn't read your post! But I already have seen you don't get it based on the ONE SINGLE paragraph I read of a long post!"

Not addressing the points or the Wentz/Trubs rookie year comparison is also hilarious and typical. Thanks for proving my point.

BS is right about you. You’re a fucking retard.

Your love affair with BS is hilarious.

And god damn... you are so sensitive. You dish it out and can't take it. You're a petulant child. You kick start this shit and then act shocked when it goes down this road.

Just talk football. Just talk fucking football and this won't be a problem.

@Beengay fudgepackers

I'm going to give you a chance to talk football like a big boy. You treat me like an adult. I will reciprocate.

Name one statistic on there which isn't comparable. JUST ONE.

Way better...? I do not believe you can justify this. Not in the least. It's nearly dead even.
I didn’t read any of this. I’m sure you’ll write a novel about this post too. Of which I won’t read.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read any of this. I’m sure you’ll write a novel about this post too. Of which I won’t read.

Of course you didn't. It is never in your best interest to engage someone like an adult.

I gave you a fair chance to be a big boy. You (once again) chose to be a petulant child.