• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ben officially diagnosed w-Grade 1 sprain; Harrison doesn't expect suspension

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Gerry Dulac (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) on twitter:

Maurkice Pouncey said ankle is fine and expects to play in SF. Injury not as bad as Super Bowl. "That was terrible the first time."

Ppuncey was diagnosed with Grade 1 sprain of left ankle. "It could be worse; could be a lot worse actually."

Like Pouncey, Ben Roethlisberger also diagnosed with Grade 1 sprain. "We'll be fine ... but his is pretty serious," Pouncey said.

-------------

James Harrison doesn't think he will be suspended by NFL. "I don’t think I have anything to worry about," he said today.

James Harrison about suspension possibility: "Not going to go with ifs. I don’t have to worry about that. We'll see what happens."

Harrison said his hit on McCoy was "not suspension-worthy." He said McCoy "chuck-and-ducked."

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on both Ben and pouncey
Harrison there is no telling what Goodell is going to do

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i want big ben to play!!! that way steelers fan can't make any excuses why they will lose next monday night lol

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After yesterday's inspiring performance, ya might not want to write a check that your boys can't cash.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed we will. Here's hoping both teams are at full strength, that they fight hard but clean, and that neither side suffers any serious casualties.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Come on tonight game is going to be awesome!!! rams and seahawks...lol

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Home field and a bye??? I am so lost on the NFC playoff scenarios but the Steelers have clinched nothing so far. This is the first Monday night game that has me excited in a while.

Right now, Niners have the tie-breaker against the Saints, but if they lose again, they lose homefield. Having to go to New Orleans would be devastating. The Saints are twice the team at home that they are on the road. Niners have plenty to play for.

And for that reason, and wishing them no long-term ill effects, I am absolutely hoping that Harrison is suspended and both Roethlisberger and Pouncey sit. Even without those guys, I'm not sure we can put up points on that D. With them...I don't even want to think about it right now.

I don't think it's helps Harrison' case that he keeps saying he didn't violate the rules, he doesn't regret the play, etc. He's gotta be one of the two or three guys in the league most likely to be made an example of by receiving the first penalty-related suspension.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per RW:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the NFL is expected to hand down OLB James Harrison's suspension on Tuesday morning, for an illegal hit on Colt McCoy in last Thursday's win over Cleveland.

Harrison told reporters that he anticipated no suspension, but it's almost certainly coming. Schefter has reported that the league is weighing whether to suspend Harrison one or two games. We don't expect him to play in Week 15.