• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot more people today saying we are already in the Big 10, I tend to believe this and fully expect an announcement in less than a week.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any links or just rumors around school?

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know alot of people will disagree with this, but that's ok, bash away. I like the way the PAC 10 does things now. 10 teams, everybody plays everybody else every year, no championship game. That still leaves 3 OOC games. I know in this day and age of the almighty $$ rules, that there will soon be no conferences w/o a championship game, but this is what I would like to see. Break up the super conferences into 10 teams each and let the conference champions play in a mini playoff to determine the NC. I'd like to see the old Big 8 get rid of the SWC and pick up 2 more teams to be a 10 team league. Who would the other 2 be? idk, maybe Boise St. and TCU. I know there's alot of holes in my theory here and it will never happen anyway, so dissect if you wish.

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, I think we will end up in the Big 10. I don't like change, but I believe this will happen and it will be OK. There are schools in the Big 10 with alot of history and tradition and we will fit in well and develope some new rivalries, though this will take time.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah... gotcha. i'll believe it when i see it.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, I will love the addition of Nebraska to the Big 10 as a Michigan fan.
It is a shame we never got to play in 1997, it would have been a great game.

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, I will love the addition of Nebraska to the Big 10 as a Michigan fan.
It is a shame we never got to play in 1997, it would have been a great game.

Michigan and Nebraska are both rich in tradition and history and this would become one of the new leagues big rivalries, unless they are in opposite divisions and only play every few years. Then it would be like the Nebraska and Oklahoma rivalry, just half assed, not like it used to be. This is why I like 10 team leaugues, so you can build or sustain a rivalry. Not playing every single year will kill a rivalry.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just too much talk for me not to believe it right now and it makes so much sense to go academically.

Michigan would be great to play every other year, and could build a friendly rivalry that way. I'm looking forward to sticking it to Iowa every year more than anything..

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Nebraska are both rich in tradition and history and this would become one of the new leagues big rivalries, unless they are in opposite divisions and only play every few years. Then it would be like the Nebraska and Oklahoma rivalry, just half assed, not like it used to be. This is why I like 10 team leaugues, so you can build or sustain a rivalry. Not playing every single year will kill a rivalry.

I agree that the current Pac 10 is the best system right now playing every single conference team every year. There are lots of great matchups possible between the current Big 10 teams and Nebraska.
It would be awesome if you could work out an OOC game against Oklahoma every year as well.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Oklahoma every year would not be a good football move if we are playing in a tougher conference, they also will not go for it as long as they're playing texas every year as well. I fear we have seen our last game against the Sooners until championship match ups and occasional home and homes

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the Big 10 schedule work now, with rotating schedules. Do you play 8 other teams, and not play 3 and just rotate or how does it work?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the Big 10 schedule work now, with rotating schedules. Do you play 8 other teams, and not play 3 and just rotate or how does it work?

Right now, you play 8 teams so you miss out on playing 2 every year and it rotates. I do think you have some say on teams that you play every year because I can't remember ever not playing either MSU or OSU.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am hoping that we get rid of Beebe and get someone in to fix the B12 and maybe lose only ONE team, the problem one and replace them with another good quality team.

Now I know from the other site I am on that some Ohio fans think we would be a rival for Ohio and Penn St. and Mizzou (if they are even offered) would be a rival for MN and the lower level teams and Maybe Iowa.

I think Mizzou is a much better team then those Ohio fans are thinking they are. And if Mizzou was not offered and Rutgers was that is a slap in the face to Mizzou.

And what do you think would happen if Nebraska, or Nebraska and Mizzou went to the b10 and just started winning the conf. right away? I think they would start resenting NU and if Mizzou was there kicking them also resenting them also.

I would rather have us back to the big 8 and play OU every year than go to the b10 with the lack of excellence expected in college or pro sports programs. For MN the exception is Hockey and they want good teams in Basketball but when I say excellence I mean keeping a team at a national championship level. Right now the b10 has been down for a few years and are not the quality of teams we have currently and I do not want Bo stolen by Ohio since he would be on their campus playing and I would rather we fix the money and game equity problems we have and that means getting rid of Beebe.

I do not respect the b10 (happen to live in MN so I see what goes on up here) and see that the way we did things to get the respect back was the right way to do it. We expected the team to do better and replaced the coaches and lost some kids that didn't want to work or take the chance they would loose their promised starting position or have to earn their starting position.

Penn St. in my opinion has done the best at starting to come back but need Joe Pa to step down and be involved in a different way then HC with the FB team. Ohio's coach needs to go and Mich. has had a couple different coaches over the last few years and either are getting in the way of what the coach wants to do or have not done a good job highering. I think if Joe Pa could do more they would be a very tough team but hey he is getting old and Ohio's coach in my opinion has lost a bit of the drive or how to coach the kids he gets.

I hope we get rid of Beebe, and if Texas does not like getting the TV deal and having to be equitable on the games and money and decide to leave then get as good a team to replace them with as good a team as we could get.