• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10/ACC challenge starts tonite

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday games are

Miami @ Purdue- I see a close win for the Boilers. Purdue ahsnt been super impressive but they have found ways to win. Miami is solid but Mackey is a tough place to win for road teams.

Northwestern @ Georgia Tech- I like the Wildcats in this one. GT is down this year and Northwestern is looking to make their first tournament in school history and they are off to a great start

Illinois @ Maryland- This one is a toss up IMO. Illinois should win based on talent but Maryland is so young its tough to tell what you'll get out of them. Ill go with the Illini in squeaker but wouldnt shock me if the Terps won.

Michigan @ Virginia- Michigan has played extremely well this year but the Cavaliers are an under the radar type team that is pretty solid at home. There has to be some upsets in this thing so Ill go with the cavaliers to spring one here.

Clemson @ Iowa- Man this one is a tough call. Both team have lost some bad ones this year already ( Iowa to Campbell, Clemson to Coastal Carolina and College of Charleston). Both teams like to push tempo so Ill go with Iowa only because its a home game.

Duke @ OSU- Game of the nite. 2 REALLY good teams. Duke has been great so far against way better opposition but they havent played a team as good as the Buckeyes. Dukes biggest issue will be who they matchup with William Buford since they really dont have anyone that can guard him. Aaaron Craft is a great defender and Jared Sullinger is a beast inside. OSU for the W.

- Ive got B10 at 5-1 tonite but alot of these games could go either way. Anything from 3-3 to 6-0 for the B10 is possible IMO>

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, as you were posting this I started a prediction thread. I agree with most of what you say, though I think Clemson beats Iowa (CC and CoC are both decent teams) and Michigan is a lot better than Virginia. Duke-OSU will come down to OSU defending the three. If they can, they will win. If they allow Andre Dawkins to go all Jordan Taylor on them, they'll lose. I think Purdue's win is a blowout (15 or so), Northwestern wins by 10 or so, and Illinois-Maryland goes down to the wire in the Illini's favor.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, as you were posting this I started a prediction thread. I agree with most of what you say, though I think Clemson beats Iowa (CC and CoC are both decent teams) and Michigan is a lot better than Virginia. Duke-OSU will come down to OSU defending the three. If they can, they will win. If they allow Andre Dawkins to go all Jordan Taylor on them, they'll lose. I think Purdue's win is a blowout (15 or so), Northwestern wins by 10 or so, and Illinois-Maryland goes down to the wire in the Illini's favor.

Yeah I saw that. Im really hoping Iowa gets back to playing up tempo like they did the first 3 games. Ever since the Creighton game it seems like they are unsure of themselves on the offensive end. Besabe and Cartwrtight arent playing even close to the level they played at last year so if we can get those 2 going then I think Iowa wins tonite. If not itll be a close one.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basabe needs to pull his head out of his fucking ass and realize that he needs to crash the boards and get put backs for his game to work. He can't take anyone off of the dribble. Cartwright has apparently been dealing with some type of head injury.

Although Cartwright hasn't missed any games, he said on Monday that he's been dealing with some "concussion symptoms" and that he has cleared all necessary tests to play on his bobblehead night tonight. The senior from Compton, Calif., didn't specify when he initially got injured.
Iowa men?s hoops struggling on defense - The Daily Iowan

What we truly need is for Gatens to step up in his senior year and average about 18 PPG.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basabe needs to pull his head out of his fucking ass and realize that he needs to crash the boards and get put backs for his game to work. He can't take anyone off of the dribble. Cartwright has apparently been dealing with some type of head injury.

Iowa men?s hoops struggling on defense - The Daily Iowan

What we truly need is for Gatens to step up in his senior year and average about 18 PPG.

Melsahn packed on like 30 lbs in the off season which was supposed to help him be more physical but instead has made him WAY less explosive and quick ( which was his biggest advantage). I have never understood why these coaches try and pack so much weight on basketball players. Id rather have a guy be quick, explosive and athletic than be able to bang especially when they guy is 6'7. Its not like hes playing freaking center.