• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Betts waived. Schenn to AHL

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't say I,m at all happy with Betts being waived.
He's one of our best penalty killers.

his contribution to the team has been over rated for the last 2 years. claude giroux is a better penalty killer than betts, that is a fact. betts has zero offensive upside, is losing his ability to win faceoffs, and constantly has nagging injuries. it is the best move. the skill players we have can by far make up for this "loss".

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his contribution to the team has been over rated for the last 2 years. claude giroux is a better penalty killer than betts, that is a fact. betts has zero offensive upside, is losing his ability to win faceoffs, and constantly has nagging injuries. it is the best move. the skill players we have can by far make up for this "loss".

You are correct. I saw the sats not too long ago and Betts was not as good as we thought. I am positive Schenn comes back very soon. His cap hit goes from $3.1 to $1.75 with 1 AHL game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm.

kinda expected the schenn thing, betts is surprising though.

chy is that true? is one of his bonuses 'play the entire year in the NHL, for 1.4 mil'?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that bothers me about this is that Bett's was waived before Shelley. Now I'm not sure if due to his suspension he can not be waived until it is over or not but I was under the impression that if waived and re-called he could not play in 5 NHL games(like Sesito's 2). If I am correct in my assupmtion whay not waive his worthless ass and get the 1.1 mill off our cap.

Our PK will be fine without Betts, we still have Giroux, Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Talbot, Scheen(st some point), Nodl. Lilja making the roster over Walker also confusing me cause Walker looked way better then Andreas "the human pylon" Lilja in camp, I think this is dues to the NMC next year in his contract. I'd prefer to see Kessel, Marshall or Gustaffson instead of Lilja...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh damn, it says that right there in the article.. how interesting that we haven't heard that before.. woulda been a no brainer that he started in the A if we knew that

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also talked about walker being waived, and potentially coming back..

i know if he doesnt get claimed on the send down, but does get claimed on the recall his cap hit is shared by the flyers and whoever claimed him.. does his cap hit get cut in half if he doesn't get claimed?

actually, i bet he gets claimed.. bet homer was doing him a favor.. i think bartulis is going to be claimed too..

interesting day in philly

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more than confident with Talbot being our top PKer.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as losing Bart, we took a big hit to leadership today. We trade away the team's captain, then waive Latvia's Captain. Wow.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing that bothers me about this is that Bett's was waived before Shelley. Now I'm not sure if due to his suspension he can not be waived until it is over or not but I was under the impression that if waived and re-called he could not play in 5 NHL games(like Sesito's 2). If I am correct in my assupmtion whay not waive his worthless ass and get the 1.1 mill off our cap.

Our PK will be fine without Betts, we still have Giroux, Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Talbot, Scheen(st some point), Nodl. Lilja making the roster over Walker also confusing me cause Walker looked way better then Andreas "the human pylon" Lilja in camp, I think this is dues to the NMC next year in his contract. I'd prefer to see Kessel, Marshall or Gustaffson instead of Lilja...

as much as i hate shelley (and believe me i do) there are a lot of teams out there that have a goon on there team that without shelley we have no one to match him up against. seen it time and time again the year before last, guys like boogard (RIP) would run around crushing our guys and we just can't not have an answer for that. hartnell and simmonds can't fight at that level. i'd rather shelley get pounded.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people are mad at Sestito for making that stupid hit but I would rather have him on the team than Shelley. He's big, he's young, he can score a lil, and he can fight.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes not having a heavy weight does create a bit of a mis-match, but Walker could kind of fill that role and Sestito is definitely a better option then Shelley. The thing that people have to remember is that most of the NHL's goons don't dress every game and if they do they play minimum time, cause well they suck. Most of the time teams only dress their waste of roster space when they know the other team is. Now I'm not sying that I want fighting out of hockey, but I do think that only fighters who can semi-play the game should be in the NHL and not guys like Shelley, LaRauge(spelling) or the late boogie man.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know people are mad at Sestito for making that stupid hit but I would rather have him on the team than Shelley. He's big, he's young, he can score a lil, and he can fight.

Yes not having a heavy weight does create a bit of a mis-match, but Walker could kind of fill that role and Sestito is definitely a better option then Shelley. The thing that people have to remember is that most of the NHL's goons don't dress every game and if they do they play minimum time, cause well they suck. Most of the time teams only dress their waste of roster space when they know the other team is. Now I'm not sying that I want fighting out of hockey, but I do think that only fighters who can semi-play the game should be in the NHL and not guys like Shelley, LaRauge(spelling) or the late boogie man.

i forgot about sestito, i concede, cut shelley!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i might be the only flyers fan on the planet in saying this, but i'd rather have shelley than sestito

sestito is an idiot. he's as useless as shelley and as stupid as carcillo. at least shelley doesn't TRY to take a stupid penalty every shift..

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys but I keep Shelley. He knows his job and he is good at it. I don't think people are scared of Walker or Sestito. I think some (not the super heavy weights) don't want any part of Shelley. He will be the 13th forward and dress when needed.

Betts will be replaced at center by Talbot. Talbot is better than Betts. Couturies, Read, Rinaldo and Nodl make the team. They are all better than Betts.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh damn, it says that right there in the article.. how interesting that we haven't heard that before.. woulda been a no brainer that he started in the A if we knew that

I never know of this rule but if true, it is great news. $1.4 off the cap.:cheer2:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys but I keep Shelley. He knows his job and he is good at it. I don't think people are scared of Walker or Sestito. I think some (not the super heavy weights) don't want any part of Shelley. He will be the 13th forward and dress when needed.

Betts will be replaced at center by Talbot. Talbot is better than Betts. Couturies, Read, Rinaldo and Nodl make the team. They are all better than Betts.

I have to disagree. Besides the reasons I listed earlier there is also the fact that Shelley's cap hit is about $1.1 million where as Sestito's is $550k. Shelley is way overpaid in relation to his skill set and the amount of minutes he plays.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Besides the reasons I listed earlier there is also the fact that Shelley's cap hit is about $1.1 million where as Sestito's is $550k. Shelley is way overpaid in relation to his skill set and the amount of minutes he plays.

shelley is way overpaid at 1.1 mil, i agree.. but i'd pay the extra 550k to keep sestito off the ice.. he's an idiot.. the hit he got suspended for wasn't the only time he was being wreckless, he just wasn't a good enough skater to land the other ones