• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best sites for a dynasty league?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in this league for awhile now and we might switch to a dynasty league. What are some recommendations on the best sites to use?

MyFantasyLeague, Dynasty Football League and Reality Sports Online are a couple I have heard are legit.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 2 through another forum and we use FleaFlicker. It's a very solid site to use from what I know. I have never used any of the other sites mentioned in this thread.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantrax. ... customize your league rules/scoring (takes some time to setup but there yr after yr), maintains history and scoring. Some find the apps difficult, but I never use those anyway. ....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantrax. ... customize your league rules/scoring (takes some time to setup but there yr after yr), maintains history and scoring. Some find the apps difficult, but I never use those anyway. ....

Yeah I have used Fantrax for other leagues...never a dynasty league. Not a huge fan of their app which would be very convenient BUT I can access the website at work so I think I would be fine. I just want to find something that is very flexible with the rules/settings...it sounds like Fantrax has that.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a dynasty using myfantasyleague, seems to work fine. I'm not the one running it, but with all the nuances of this league there is a bit of work for the guy running it. Can customize quite a lot of things. I like the ability to add any players blurbs into your list of info - whether they are on your team or owned by others. It pulls blurbs in from a few sources. Anytime someone drops players or waivers you get a notification, drafts can be online, etc. I don't know if they also have an app, but I haven't seen a FF app I like, so I tend to do everything from a web page.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have used Fantrax for other leagues...never a dynasty league. Not a huge fan of their app which would be very convenient BUT I can access the website at work so I think I would be fine. I just want to find something that is very flexible with the rules/settings...it sounds like Fantrax has that.

Fantrax is the most flexible I have seen... especially for FREE... if you are willing to pay for the site I am sure there are better...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantrax or sleeper

fantrax site is better, can be a bit more complex since they allow variations to all kinds of settings. in my experience, their support staff is always great at getting back to you, which sites like ESPN and Yahoo are absolutely terrible at. Their app has been under construction for about 3-4yrs now, without much improvements. I don't mind just accessing the site through the web browser on my phone if the laptop isn't handy.

sleeper has a far superior app, but lacks in terms of custom scoring compared to fantrax.

heard mixed reviews on fleaflicker, some like it, some hate it

myfantasyleague sucks imo, by far the worst of the main ones people use for dynasty

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used sleeper, fantrax, fleaflicker and all three have their pro and cons. Myself I like Fantrax by far the best. I like the teams charts and the way they are laid out. I like that it is easy to look up transactions and league history. Use your browser not their app ( which is really bad).
Sleeper and flea flicker is a toss up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the consensus like fantrax but I'm sure like most said, every site has it's pros and cons it's just what you are looking for. Honestly, I have used Fantrax and for years now so that seems like the safe bet bc I know what I am getting already. Appreciate all the feedback...now comes the hard part. Trying to convince the commissioner to switch up leagues and sites.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sleeper has a far superior app, but lacks in terms of custom scoring compared to fantrax.
We jumped into Sleeper for our dynasty league.
We have a lot of younger guys (under age 40) and Sleeper is very smart-phone friendly and FREE.
In fact, all commissioner functions are done through the phone app (not with a computer).
Navigating through some of the functions may take some getting used to.

As far as scoring customization, you are able to adjust typical scoring values.
Not sure what @SmokingMonkey is specifically referring to above, because you can assign bonus points for such things as first downs, distance runs and distance receptions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We jumped into Sleeper for our dynasty league.
We have a lot of younger guys (under age 40) and Sleeper is very smart-phone friendly and FREE.
In fact, all commissioner functions are done through the phone app (not with a computer).
Navigating through some of the functions may take some getting used to.

As far as scoring customization, you are able to adjust typical scoring values.
Not sure what @SmokingMonkey is specifically referring to above, because you can assign bonus points for such things as first downs, distance runs and distance receptions.

Well this helps a lot. Considering all these guys are around 30 and younger I think having an app is crucial to keep these guys active...even though most or all of these guys have been very dedicated in a normal league.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this helps a lot. Considering all these guys are around 30 and younger I think having an app is crucial to keep these guys active...even though most or all of these guys have been very dedicated in a normal league.

I'm on a Fantrax dynasty league too.
Our commish, @obxyankeefan has had to make some minor adjustments to the league (going into our 4th season) each year that he's had to renew the league to make room for the rookie draft. (Maybe he can clarify.) Then he needs to remind the league to make their opening day roster cuts.
On Sleeper, this can be a set date to lock the taxi (rookie) squad.

Fantrax can be quirky. Some were having trouble accessing the site with their phone and were forced to use their computer. I forget the details but some trade offers didn't go through, I think. Or guys couldn't view the site.

If you rely on your phone to do FF, this to me is key!
Because if there is a news flash which affects the value of a free agent, and Fantrax decides to act quirky, you will lose out on said player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sleeper works the best with a phone. Although it seems sluggish and constantly updating it is better then the others if a phone is what you use to participate. The other sites are free also, but offer a pay for upgrade ( which none of leagues I'm in need).
Weirdly sleeper works differently on a desktop computer and doesn't allow some features the mobile site does and vs versus. If you go on vacation and come back and want to see what has happen. You'll have to scroll back in the league chat, where the transactions are recorded. That can be frustrating. Both fantrax and fleaflicker have transaction buttons where you can see exactly what has happen in trades, drops and adds for the entire season at a glance.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sleeper works the best with a phone. Although it seems sluggish and constantly updating it is better then the others if a phone is what you use to participate. The other sites are free also, but offer a pay for upgrade ( which none of leagues I'm in need).
Weirdly sleeper works differently on a desktop computer and doesn't allow some features the mobile site does and vs versus. If you go on vacation and come back and want to see what has happen. You'll have to scroll back in the league chat, where the transactions are recorded. That can be frustrating. Both fantrax and fleaflicker have transaction buttons where you can see exactly what has happen in trades, drops and adds for the entire season at a glance.
I think I stumbled across a bypass for that... I think you just need to click somewhere with your mouse and it will allow you to scroll down. (But don't hold me to that.)

But Harold's comment did remind me that you can make 3-way trades on Sleeper too. Pretty cool.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys are talking about Fantrax old app. I use their new one all the time and find it excellent.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on a Fantrax dynasty league too.
Our commish, @obxyankeefan has had to make some minor adjustments to the league (going into our 4th season) each year that he's had to renew the league to make room for the rookie draft. (Maybe he can clarify.) Then he needs to remind the league to make their opening day roster cuts.
On Sleeper, this can be a set date to lock the taxi (rookie) squad.

Fantrax can be quirky. Some were having trouble accessing the site with their phone and were forced to use their computer. I forget the details but some trade offers didn't go through, I think. Or guys couldn't view the site.

If you rely on your phone to do FF, this to me is key!
Because if there is a news flash which affects the value of a free agent, and Fantrax decides to act quirky, you will lose out on said player.

Most of what you are talking about Joe comes from the fact that we have a 25 man roster in the off season and cut it down to 20 during the season. I have never seen a site that would allow for that for free. So I have to do a little bit of work adjusting things for us to do it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys are talking about Fantrax old app. I use their new one all the time and find it excellent.
The Fantrax app is quirky on my Android.
Sometimes, from my phone, I need to access Fantrax thru the browser instead.
Maybe its an Android thing?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fantrax app is quirky on my Android.
Sometimes, from my phone, I need to access Fantrax thru the browser instead.
Maybe its an Android thing?

you’re very likely correct... I have since switched to I phone and it works well. That’s over my head though

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sleeper was very difficult to go back and look at history, which I think is a valuable piece of dynasty leagues.

like, it was hard on either the app or laptop just to go back through each week's scores to see which team had the highest individual week score for the season.

weird that just looking at past scores was difficult, but still think sleeper app is better than fantrax

I also didn't see a way to score FGs by yardage, which i feel is superior to 3pts, 4pts, 5pts set up a lot of sites use as default