• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best NFL rivalries ?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true WAZZU grad, can't even spell douche correctly when he's trying to insult a rival. Excellent work.

Ok, I will plead ignorance and say I did not know the spelling. I'm not a dude from SF so I've never actually used the object in question so I made a guess. Besides, your coach is a different dude so I will spell it a different way until he wins a championship. Then I'll come back and apologize to a metro hippy from SF for not graduating with an english degree

-Jim Harbaugh isn't spelled "douche" until he earns it.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the Hawks/9ers rivalry was going to be the best, for at least this year. Then Harbaugh goes and opens his pie hole yesterday.

This rivalry will be huge for as long as both of these coaches are in the West( they hate each other with a passion)! I love it!

Growing up, the rivalry I always remember were the Steelers/Cowboys in the 70's.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only recent one I can think of that genuinely captured the attention of the entire country was Peyton's Colts vs. Brady's Patriots. It was an incredibly intriguing matchup every single time.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting how the rivalries morph over time.

Steelers-Raiders was near the top for a long time, when they both near the top of the AFC
Colts-Patriots was great for awhile

In terms of "national' interest, here is what I think is at the top

Ravens-Steelers - is a tremendous rivalry and consider that Ravens are an "expansion" team
Giants-Cowboys is always of interest to me
49ers and Seahawks -is an emerging rivalry
Tampa and NO - might heat up.

NFC North rivalries have no interest to me. Bad football
AFC West, South, and East have no competitive rivalries

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only recent one I can think of that genuinely captured the attention of the entire country was Peyton's Colts vs. Brady's Patriots. It was an incredibly intriguing matchup every single time.

Even though I hate both teams, Pittsburgh/Baltimore has been a great rivalry as of late.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate the Steelers ..... is it because they win so much?

Not really. My brother is a huge Steelers fan and he made me sick of them and Roethlisberger. I used to actually like them a little but he ruined it. I hate Baltimore, more, if that's any consolation. At least Pitt didn't employ a murderer.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the recent games between the Steelers and Ravens were every bit as intriguing as Peyton v Brady

I think the Niners - Seahawks matchup will be one of the best rivalries we've seen in awhile.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. My brother is a huge Steelers fan and he made me sick of them and Roethlisberger. I used to actually like them a little but he ruined it. I hate Baltimore, more, if that's any consolation. At least Pitt didn't employ a murderer.

:wtf2:

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raves vs Steelers

but the Steelers suck so it's getting boring.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past decade, the best rivalry in the AFC was between the pats and the colts (I don't give credence to the claim it needs to be between 2 teams in the same division). I would say now that it is probably the steelers/ravens; except that first the steelers were dominant and now the ravens are. the pats/ravens is also a pretty good one at this point.

I don't see the jets/pats being a true rivalry. Besides one playoff game its been pretty one sided the last decade in favor of the pats.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the entire NFC north.

You want to say we do not play at a super high level fine, but we send 2 teams to the playoffs most years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty clearly

-Ravens vs Steelers
-Brady vs Peyton
-Packers vs Bears

The only thing Ive seen listed so far that isn't really a rivalry is Packers vs Chiefs. I know a ton of Chiefs fans and they wouldn't even list the Packers in their top 5 hated teams (Raiders and Broncos for sure)

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Past Present Future - Bears vs Packers
It has always been and still one of the best if not the best rival in the league.

Ravens Steelers has been great over the past years but both teams are not as strong this coming season, the hate will be as strong but I don't know about the relevance.

Maybe not a rival but the Pats and Broncos will get alot of hype. Both expected to be 1 and 2 in the AFC and Peyton vs Brady never gets old.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Bears-Packers is loses a bit of its luster to the rest of us. But I think thats all rivalries.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be the Skins-Cowboys. One of the only rivalries that got rule changes made. In the 80's the Skins used to do a team Hi-Five in the end zone after a touchdown, and in a game against the Cowboys, some of the D players on their team had to get into the middle of the circle and we did it over the top of them. This got the rule that you can not have an organized team celebration anymore.