• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best NFL Coaching job available?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about winning. If I could choose between the open vacancies, a huge part of the decision would be can I win the division?
Peyton will soon retire and the AFCW should have opportunity so IMO Oakland is a must look.
SF, no way. Too big of shoes to fill and too big of a gorilla up north.
Atlanta? Great opportunity to win in the South. Worth a look.
Jets, No. Goofy owner that lacks patience.
Chicago? No. Have to beat Radgers and Cutler is a coach killer.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about winning. If I could choose between the open vacancies, a huge part of the decision would be can I win the division?
Peyton will soon retire and the AFCW should have opportunity so IMO Oakland is a must look.

Meh, with how quickly the nfl changes all that "can you win" is really a small part of it. Look at how bad the nfc west was in 2010 when the 7-9 hawks won the division. It's been arguably the best division in football the past two seasons....

Plus all these candidates better think they can win anywhere. Can't be soft in this league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While the NFC West obviously is a tough division to win SF by far has the most talent of any of the open spots. IF they get some of their guys healthy and somebody can come in and help develop Kaepernick into a competent quarterback (he has shown glimpses of being that) then it wouldn't surprise me to see them win the division. Throw in they have had the most draft picks pretty much of any team for the past 3 years so there is a ton of depth on the team with some very high potential players to step in and be great players. We saw some of that this year with some of the young players really stepping up and producing especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Having had some time to think about it right now I would rank the opportunities like this...

1) Atlanta--best quarterback situation and like you said easier division to possibly rise up. Just needs some major help on the defensive side of the ball and the OL to get healthy for once.
2) San Fran--Best overall talent of any team available and a high risk/high reward quarterback prospect
3) Oakland--Some young talent showing promise but still a ton of holes to fill to stand a chance in the division. Plus have to get the losing attitude out of town which is not always easy.
4) Jets--They at least have some defensive cornerstones that they can build around.
5) Bears--What a chaotic situation that place is right now. I wouldn't touch this team if I were a coach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL...ownership....great practice facilities and only getting better with the new dome, ownership will spend and get out of the way

Team...Def is a FA pass rusher, Justin Houston... signing and maybe 2 draft picks away from much better...they have a top10 pick and 3 legit pass rushers in this draft.

Ofc...OL just needs to get healty and stay healthy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Atlanta, but if I'm the new coach coming in you have to get rid of Thomas Dimitroff as the GM for me to take the job. I don't think it would take much to persuade Arthur Blank to do it.

Exactly...I'm really surprised he's still here....unless he just becomes a puppet for the new HC I can't see him going forward.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Cali teams due to weather. Oaktown in particular for me.

Love the Silver-n-Black...biased?...You bet.

I would like to see the Jets strong again...JNamath/EBoozer of lore thing I spose. Let's keep the Bears grounded too, I'm a NFC Norte guy who has a problem with a strong Bears team.