• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best NFL Coaching job available?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's pretend your a hot shot college coach/nfl Coordinator.

Your the top of everyones list. What job is the most attractive to you?

Chicago with smoking Jay Cutty at qb
Atlanta with Ryan
SF with Kap (easily voided contract) and a GM/Owner who ran the last guy out of town after making the NFCCG 3 times in 4 years
Jets with Geno (and new york.....)
Oakland with Carr

(Am I missing a team?)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the two I wouldn't take would be Chicago (due to Cutler) and NY Jets (because it is the Jets).

Atlanta would be a good job if they got a better GM who could draft and SF would be a great job due to the other talent already in place.

Tampa will probably have an opening soon.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco would be the quickest to turn around easily.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not so sure. That SF roster is getting old.... they have a few guys coming up for FA, and they dont have a quarterback.

I might be apt to choose Atlanta. Offense is pretty much set, now focus your energy on building a defense. Also dont they have a new stadium coming soon?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to be Atlanta. They have a premier player in Julio and at least a half way decent QB. Should get a pretty good pick this year. I'd have to take a serious look at the cap situations and contracts though.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta and San Francisco would probably be the two teams that I'd choose between. The other three I wouldn't want to go anywhere near.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Falcons and then San Fran.

Falcons QB is in place. The 49ers window IMO has closed. I am wrong often, so prolly means 9ers go 12-4 and take over the NFCW for all I know.

You are a hotshot young coach trying to make a name, why on earth woud you go to either dumpster fire with Cutler or Geno?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Atlanta would be the best spot.

Second best spot is Oakland (I know, I know, hear me out). You've got a promising young qb in place, a very high draft pick, and a bunch of cap space. The Raiders could be poised to finally turn it around.

Besides that, none of the other places look very attractive. The 49ers are getting older and are in a cap mess. The Jets have Geno Smith and the Bears have no defense and Jay Cutler. I wouldn't go anywhere near those places.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I like Oakland
Promising QB - lots of cap space and if you're a stud, you could have about as much control as you want. As a bonus, if you had success you would be a bay area hero.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta for sure.

Jets would be last

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say the Falcons.

NFLN just mentioned that they supposedly have interest in Rex Ryan as their next HC. The so-called “experts” on NFLN say a lot of things on days like today.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go San Fran in a heart beat. Kaep isn't the greatest quarterback by any means but I do think with the right offense around him he can still be successful. I would also say even though the defense was destroyed by injuries they still did pretty darn good with all the young talent. To me that shows that the drafting done has actually been very successful building good depth. So while some of the premier guys are getting up in age there does seem to be young talent in place to continue to be successful.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Oakland
Promising QB - lots of cap space and if you're a stud, you could have about as much control as you want. As a bonus, if you had success you would be a bay area hero.

Oakland it is! Too many are looking at Oakland's past to make a judgement.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's to turn around? They were 8-8 and everybody knows that they were having an off year. I think they go with Holmy. He wants the job, has a long history with the org, and is a good locker room guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to turn around? They were 8-8 and everybody knows that they were having an off year. I think they go with Holmy. He wants the job, has a long history with the org, and is a good locker room guy.

Really for the 49ers it is getting guys healthy and unsuspended and they are right back in the playoff talks next year. It is why it is the easiest Head Coaching job of all that are available in that you don't have to clean house to make some noise. It isn't a true rebuild just a somewhat change in direction with new leadership but same employees.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either of the Bay Area teams would be good places to go, great weather, and both teams have good prospects, I know there are some issues with age and cap in SF, and Oakland needs to get accustomed to winning after so many years of struggle but there are some good things going on for a new sheriff in town.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure. That SF roster is getting old.... they have a few guys coming up for FA, and they dont have a quarterback.

I might be apt to choose Atlanta. Offense is pretty much set, now focus your energy on building a defense. Also dont they have a new stadium coming soon?

The SF roster is starting to get a lot younger in some key places. Emergences in the D-line, LB, Cornerback, Safety, O-line, RB (Hyde) have made the core of this team feel a lot younger.

Also, I think the "no quarterback" line is hilarious. Kaep struggled a lot through this year, for a lot of reasons that were his own doing, but also for a lot reasons outside of him. He played great in the final two weeks and basically every time the 9ers dial up a formula that fits his style, he will play well. He also, unfortunately, does not have the luxery of knowing that he needs to lead the team to one touchdown a game to close out a win, like your guy. Thats more of a compliment to the Seattle D than anything, but it takes so much pressure off a QB.

Anyways, the TL/DR of that is, I am bookmarking your post.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SF roster is starting to get a lot younger in some key places. Emergences in the D-line, LB, Cornerback, Safety, O-line, RB (Hyde) have made the core of this team feel a lot younger.

Also, I think the "no quarterback" line is hilarious. Kaep struggled a lot through this year, for a lot of reasons that were his own doing, but also for a lot reasons outside of him. He played great in the final two weeks and basically every time the 9ers dial up a formula that fits his style, he will play well. He also, unfortunately, does not have the luxery of knowing that he needs to lead the team to one touchdown a game to close out a win, like your guy. Thats more of a compliment to the Seattle D than anything, but it takes so much pressure off a QB.

Anyways, the TL/DR of that is, I am bookmarking your post.

Come on now dont be sensitive. Let's look at it this way.

Gore- been over 30 for a while. Hyde hasn't proven anything yet.
Vernon Davis- Disappeared this year, he's always been a guy whos relied on his freakish athletic ability, maybe he's lost a step.
-Smith- Face it the cowboy was the heart and soul of that D. He's just getting old
-Aldon Smith- while he's not getting old, his contract is coming up. Is he REALLY a guy you want to throw big money at?
-Bowman- Will he ever be the same? That Knee injury was tragic
-Who was the LB that walked off the field cause he's mad at his PT?
-Willis- Getting older, injured alot of this year.
-Iupati- Contracts up, played very poorly this year, you gonna re sign him?
-Boldin- Aint getting any younger
-Crabtree- Contracts up, you gonna resign him?
-Staley- had hold out this year, played pretty poorly all year
-Secondarys never really been a strength for you guys. I like Reid, none of the corners really concern me though. I could be wrong here though just dont have enough info

Then theres your QB.... we can agree to disagree on this one I guess.

Your gonna list off a bunch of names ive never heard of as the next in line. But I feel your disrespecting what all those guys listed above truly meant. The guys your gonna list off may be great, but they haven't done it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Atlanta would be the best spot.

Second best spot is Oakland (I know, I know, hear me out). You've got a promising young qb in place, a very high draft pick, and a bunch of cap space. The Raiders could be poised to finally turn it around.

Besides that, none of the other places look very attractive. The 49ers are getting older and are in a cap mess. The Jets have Geno Smith and the Bears have no defense and Jay Cutler. I wouldn't go anywhere near those places.

Well, you don't typically fire a coach because things are going great.

Atlanta would probably be the best bet more so for the competition then anything else. Someone could get there, do next to nothing, and still have a pretty legitimate shot at making the playoffs next season.

It's not an available job yet but Buffalo would be an excellent place to land if Doug Marrone decides to opt out.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Atlanta, but if I'm the new coach coming in you have to get rid of Thomas Dimitroff as the GM for me to take the job. I don't think it would take much to persuade Arthur Blank to do it.