• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best flex option?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of these three would you start if there are no points for punt or KO returns: Emmanuel Sanders at Cincinnati, Knowshown Moreno at NYG, or Tavon Austin at Atlanta?

I'm leaning toward Moreno, but that might just be the homer in me. I know that a lot of knowledgeable fantasy players post here, so I'm interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of these three would you start if there are no points for punt or KO returns: Emmanuel Sanders at Cincinnati, Knowshown Moreno at NYG, or Tavon Austin at Atlanta?

I'm leaning toward Moreno, but that might just be the homer in me. I know that a lot of knowledgeable fantasy players post here, so I'm interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance.

I think adjustments are made this week and weaknesses last week are strengths this week. Giants D is going to be working extra hard to get the monkey off their back, and hoping Big Ben does the same. I'd lean towards Sanders in the flex.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also go with Sanders. Can't see the Steelers running game picking up against a tougher opponent. Ben should be throwing all day. Bengals have a good secondary, but I don't like your alternatives. Moreno is a desperation play at best, and Austin and the Rams should have a tough time in Atlanta.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh is good at dissappointing us though... expect the unexpected with the team, when you expect good offense then there wont be and when we finally write them off that is when they will start playing well... Without pouncey the offensive line will be worse than it was(it wasnt that good in the first place) and without a good running game defenses expect the pass... so I would not consider sanders as a great option... As for Moreno, it does look like Ball is going to be used more(not really basing this on any proof). and the more Ball plays then the less valuable moreno will be...

I would go Austin, i think that even though STL has some new weapons they like, Austin will be used more than he was last week... I think austin might be the safest start and he is also the one with the highest ceiling...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is a risk because of Cincy's Defense. Their defensive line is going to sabotage Ben all day so he is going to have to get the ball out quick. He did get 12 targets last week, even with poor O-line play. Could be worth it! Also, if this is a PPR league then he could have a great day, but if not, I would roll the dice on Moreno.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None are great options, but Moreno has the highest floor with at least a handful of points.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None are great options, but Moreno has the highest floor with at least a handful of points.

This is true, and much more accurate than Austin being the safest and highest ceiling. A rookie WR, in a dome road game against a pissed off Falcons team is neither safe nor great, IMO.

I agree the Bengals line will be all over Ben, but the prospects of Moreno getting anything over a handful of points wouldn't intrigue me enough. Ben should be able to rack up at least 150 yards, and 50 of those should find it's way to Emmanuel for that same floor. If Moreno finds himself in some goal line situations or red zone packages my tune would change real quick.