• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best division in the NFL? AFC North or NFC West?

What's the best division in the NFL?

• AFC North

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • NFC West

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing this on?

SF has a great roster and potential new franchise QB but were terrible last year.

Zona was 8-8

Rams maybe top 5 two seasons ago but are trending the wrong way.

Seattle's record puts them right around top 5. But they appear to have gotten weaker. New OC. Disgruntled Wilson.
Niners were decimated by injury last year. Absolutely decimated. Everyone was hurt and they still won six games. The year before without injuries they went to the Super Bowl. They should be healthy and they play a last place schedule this year.

The Rams got Stafford and have a superb defense. Arizona has Murray and the best set of wide receivers in football. Also just added JJ Watt to anchor the defense and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. Great team. Good draft. Last year runner up.

Tampa great team. Decent draft. Brought most guys back. Vegas betting on a SB Hangover?
Teams don't repeat. Even the great Patrick Mahomes could not do it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget D-Hop is in Arizona

I take back what I said about Arizona WRs

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's subjective and I was approaching it with the mindset of what they did last season compared along with projection of what will happen this season.

NFC North had 3 teams with 11+ wins and NFC West almost had 3 teams in the playoffs and the 9ers who finished last mainly suffered due to injuries.

I see the Steelers and Ravens as roughly the same maybe a little worse with the Browns looking to be improved and the Bengals improving by default.

Seahawks are roughly the same. I feel Stafford regardless of where you rank him is a definite upgrade over Goff. Cards have gained more than they loss. The 9ers will be improved just if they stay mostly healthy as they are fielding mostly their same roster they had in 2019 but I feel the offensive line will be noticeably better.

I like the direction the AFC East is heading but Bills are the only really team I'm confident is top tier. Patriots are a question mark at the moment as they look good on paper but we'll have to see how it comes together. Dolphins are heading on the upswing and could potentially bust out if Tua plays much better. I feel the Jets finally got it right with their coaches but it's pretty much year one of a rebuild for them.
Good low down.

But I think you meant the AFCN?

I could see the AFCE having at least three teams with 10+ wins this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners were decimated by injury last year. Absolutely decimated. Everyone was hurt and they still won six games. The year before without injuries they went to the Super Bowl. They should be healthy and they play a last place schedule this year.

The Rams got Stafford and have a superb defense. Arizona has Murray and the best set of wide receivers in football. Also just added JJ Watt to anchor the defense and the Seahawks have Russell Wilson
No disagreement with SF.
Are the Rams that much better with Stafford? Don't get me wrong I like Stafford. But can he take that underperforming team to the SB?
AZ always disappoints it is what it is. Again my favorite team in the NFCW.
Seattle has a disgrunted Wilson. Is that good or bad? They still have a lot of holes they didn't answer this off season.
Seattle trending down
AZ trending up slightly
Rams about even
SF back to what they were a couple years ago.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always forget D-Hop is in Arizona

I take back what I said about Arizona WRs
As long as Murray can cut down on his ints this could become quite the duo.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement with SF.
Are the Rams that much better with Stafford? Don't get me wrong I like Stafford. But can he take that underperforming team to the SB?
AZ always disappoints it is what it is. Again my favorite team in the NFCW.
Seattle has a disgrunted Wilson. Is that good or bad? They still have a lot of holes they didn't answer this off season.
Seattle trending down
AZ trending up slightly
Rams about even
SF back to what they were a couple years ago.
I despise the Cardinals and have disliked the Rams ever since I was a kid. Can't stand the Seahawks either because of Russell Wilson. He is the most frustrating Qb to go up against that I've ever seen. But all of those teams are going to be tough. I don't see Wilson pulling the childish cry-baby act that Aaron Rodgers is doing. I think he'll be his normal self.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't repeat. Even the great Patrick Mahomes could not do it.
Definitely not easy 2003-2004 by one each Tom Brady.
Could TB buck the trend?

He seems to everytime he's counted out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tough call but it is hard to argue against the AFC North.

They totaled 38.5 wins, while the NFC West had 36 wins. You also have to factor in the Bengals losing their star QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise the Cardinals and have disliked the Rams ever since I was a kid. Can't stand the Seahawks either because of Russell Wilson. He is the most frustrating Qb to go up against that I've ever seen. But all of those teams are going to be tough. I don't see Wilson pulling the childish cry-baby act that Aaron Rodgers is doing. I think he'll be his normal self.
Naturally you hate them. They're division rivals. I hate them as well, along with SF.

AZ is and has never been a threat so I hate them the least and make them my favorite. Pull for them to beat the other three division teams.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to miss the 8-8, it was perfect, 8-9 or 9-8 sounds wrong, ugh. NFL
Shiiiit. Yeah forgot about dumbassery. They really needed to just go 18 or keep 16 and add an additional week of byes or something. What god damn league plays a prime number of games?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure that the AFC North is clear cut 2nd division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:One factor of variance from last year is that both 'best' divisions played the NFC East which was an embarrassment.

Division strength is purely speculation and it only takes a couple of QBs having career years or injuries to flip things quickly.

Although then again, the Rams lost to the Jets.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tough call but it is hard to argue against the AFC North.

They totaled 38.5 wins, while the NFC West had 36 wins. You also have to factor in the Bengals losing their star QB.
And the 49ers losing everybody

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally you hate them. They're division rivals. I hate them as well, along with SF.

AZ is and has never been a threat so I hate them the least and make them my favorite. Pull for them to beat the other three division teams.
Makes sense. I really like the Patriots though. Just behind the 49ers. Their run with Brady rivals the 18 year run the Niners had with Montana followed by Young. If you haven't already, watch the show "Do Your Job". You can easily understand why the Patriots were so good.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was just thinking this while watching the draft.

And I actually think this is worth putting some money on this year if you can get that bet. Seattle was possibly the worst 12-4 team in NFL history last year and they get the first place schedule (not as impactful as it sounds, but can matter). They really haven't improved. Every other NFC West team has. I think they're looking at 8-8 or so next year. They drop one more game than that and it just may be good enough for last place.

Seattle is a weird team. They have so many one score games that they win you'd think eventually they'd end up on the wrong side of the more often but they still keep squeezing them out.

Their problem this year is the rest of the NFC West has had bigger gains in terms of improvement than they did and the gap between them and the rest of the field is a lot thinner than it has been. That's even worse news for them considering they don't play the other teams in the NFC West particularly well outside the 9ers and that can be hit or miss sometimes as well.

I can't see them ever finishing 4th in the division as long as Wilson is the QB but I can't say I wouldn't be shock if they ended up in 3rd. I think that will hinge on how Stafford performs for the Rams and how healthy the 9ers stay with their wildcard being Trey Lance if he plays and if he does how well.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing this on?

SF has a great roster and potential new franchise QB but were terrible last year.

Zona was 8-8

Rams maybe top 5 two seasons ago but are trending the wrong way.

Seattle's record puts them right around top 5. But they appear to have gotten weaker. New OC. Disgruntled Wilson.
Wait, so having the #1 defense in the league last season and replacing an inconsistent QB with Stafford is trending in the wrong direction?

if that is the definition of trending in the wrong direction, I think every team would be signing up to head in the wrong direction.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However in 2019 the 2 divisions played head to head and the NFC West went 10-6 against them.

Steelers were 2-2 with the dynamic duo of Rudolph & Hodges and lost by 2 to Seattle & by 4 to SF....Ben was hurt in 1st half of Seattle game....