• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best division in the NFL? AFC North or NFC West?

What's the best division in the NFL?

• AFC North

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • NFC West

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking this while watching the draft.

And I actually think this is worth putting some money on this year if you can get that bet. Seattle was possibly the worst 12-4 team in NFL history last year and they get the first place schedule (not as impactful as it sounds, but can matter). They really haven't improved. Every other NFC West team has. I think they're looking at 8-8 or so next year. They drop one more game than that and it just may be good enough for last place.

Going to miss the 8-8, it was perfect, 8-9 or 9-8 sounds wrong, ugh. NFL

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either are best div in the NFL. 2 years ago I'd give you the NFCW.

But if I have to pick one it's AFCN. Strong drafts with Cincy being the weakest of the four. But this will be Burrows 2nd year so who knows maybe they surprise.

NFCW minus SF didn't have a great offseason/ draft.
AZ is AZ put them in the Cincy category. They always seem to disappoint unfortunately as they're my favorite NFCW team.
LA continues to underperform.
SF should win the div if they can stay healthy.
Sea I think got weaker and 3 picks doesn't bode well for stocking up for the future. Combined that with a pissed of Wilson and key off season losses. An undersized shifty kick returner with avg hands selected with their first picks when there were lots of bigger needs. I think this was a pacifier for Wilson.

My dark horse is the AFCE. Strong offseasons and good drafts top to bottom. Most post drafts give all As with a couple Bs depending on the source. Sure the Jets have some questions but had a strong draft.
Good pick, time goes on. Dolphins, Bills and the Jetsss beat good teams in period when everyone said AFC LEAST.

pure rubbish, during that time of dominance of other teams out of AFCE, the bottom feeders whipped the ass of many a good team.

Edit: Today, all teams have improved in AFCE. Will be good!

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is between two divs that may or may not be the best.

If you look I picked SF to win that div. Like I mentioned it's an opinion based on current and past performance and roster moves. None of us have a crystal ball.

Before this spins too far out of control, what are we basing our arguments on?

What does the best div in football even mean?
Best combined record of all 4 teams?
Best competition amongst each team in the div. Each team splits 1-1?
Does SoS count?
#of teams making the playoffs?
SB winner?
Me thinks — compare 1st place team vs 1st place team, 2nd vs 2nd, 3rd vs 3rd. & 4th vs 4th.
To your point a lot of it is opinion or eye test and we all know eye tests are biased.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks — compare 1st place team vs 1st place team, 2nd vs 2nd, 3rd vs 3rd. & 4th vs 4th.
To your point a lot of it is opinion or eye test and we all know eye tests are biased.
It's very subjective. That's why I find it funny when people want to say you're absolutely wrong. As long as it isn't some 100% homer opinion.
It's good for debate. Posters should bring facts and bring opinions based on their projections and eye tests.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners have a chance to be the best team in the West

the Rams and Seattle seem to be trending downward

Arizona sure gets a lotta hype for a team full of holes

think both the Ravens and Browns are on the same level as any team out West. Steelers are trending down but will still manage their 10-11 wins and the Bengals have a ways to go but trending up

I’ll go with the North, and give both the AFC East and AFC West a chance to be as good as any divisions this season

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very subjective. That's why I find it funny when people want to say you're absolutely wrong. As long as it isn't some 100% homer opinion.
It's good for debate. Posters should bring facts and bring opinions based on their projections and eye
However in 2019 the 2 divisions played head to head and the NFC West went 10-6 against them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners have a chance to be the best team in the West

the Rams and Seattle seem to be trending downward

Arizona sure gets a lotta hype for a team full of holes

think both the Ravens and Browns are on the same level as any team out West. Steelers are trending down but will still manage their 10-11 wins and the Bengals have a ways to go but trending up

I’ll go with the North, and give both the AFC East and AFC West a chance to be as good as any divisions this season
This guy gets it.

Interested to see what the NFCW homers have to say.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I said 2 years ago I gave it to the NFCW.
My eye test is the Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Seahawks, Rams, Cards & Niners are fairly close to one another, then there is the Bengals. Due to that I lean towards the NFC West

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it.

Interested to see what the NFCW homers have to say.
Niners- Complete, SB caliber roster, with questions surrounding the QB position until Lance is ready

Seahawks- Always relevant as long as Russ is still standing, but serious Oline and entire defensive concerns, SB threat days are over

Rams- Great defense, solid coach, excellent young RB. Unimpressive receiving corps led by a QB we are all 50/50 on whether he will ever win big

Arizona- Electric QB, they love washed up vets, holes all over defense, running game and receiving corps not scaring anyone

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eye test is the Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Seahawks, Rams, Cards & Niners are fairly close to one another, then there is the Bengals. Due to that I lean towards the NFC West

That’s not completely unfair

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so you think AZ is an 11 or 12 win team?

Most on here are seeing the 9rs as the div winners with Seattle two or three.

Just going by records I can see both div being very close. But I don't see either as the class of the NFL this year.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just going by records I can see both div being very close. But I don't see either as the class of the NFL this year.
No just that the Cards are closer to that than they are the Bengals

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners- Complete, SB caliber roster, with questions surrounding the QB position until Lance is ready

Seahawks- Always relevant as long as Russ is still standing, but serious Oline and entire defensive concerns, SB threat days are over

Rams- Great defense, solid coach, excellent young RB. Unimpressive receiving corps led by a QB we are all 50/50 on whether he will ever win big

Arizona- Electric QB, they love washed up vets, holes all over defense, running game and receiving corps not scaring anyone
Well said.

What the hell has happened in 2021? You and I agreeing.

Must have to do with the pandemic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just that the Cards are closer to that than they are the Bengals
Maybe? I'm waiting to see if Burrows and this year FA and draft can gain them a few more wins.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m a huge believer in the Chargers with Herbert, and the Raiders are always hard to figure out. Denver has talent but a black hole at QB. But I like the potential of that division

Buffalo serious SB contenders. Miami supremely talented with a great coach, comes down to development of Tua. New England can have the best defense in the league with their Covid returns and free agency. They improved personal big time on offense. Jets are a ways off but seems they have the best leadership they’ve had in a long time in the most important positions of that organization.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's good for debate. Posters should bring facts and bring opinions based on their projections and eye tests.

It's subjective and I was approaching it with the mindset of what they did last season compared along with projection of what will happen this season.

NFC North had 3 teams with 11+ wins and NFC West almost had 3 teams in the playoffs and the 9ers who finished last mainly suffered due to injuries.

I see the Steelers and Ravens as roughly the same maybe a little worse with the Browns looking to be improved and the Bengals improving by default.

Seahawks are roughly the same. I feel Stafford regardless of where you rank him is a definite upgrade over Goff. Cards have gained more than they loss. The 9ers will be improved just if they stay mostly healthy as they are fielding mostly their same roster they had in 2019 but I feel the offensive line will be noticeably better.

I like the direction the AFC East is heading but Bills are the only really team I'm confident is top tier. Patriots are a question mark at the moment as they look good on paper but we'll have to see how it comes together. Dolphins are heading on the upswing and could potentially bust out if Tua plays much better. I feel the Jets finally got it right with their coaches but it's pretty much year one of a rebuild for them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3