• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Ciders?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm supposed to like the heaviest darkest beers possible, or maybe the most fancy-pants rare and esoteric ingredient is the in thing these days. I should be trying to find beer that was aged in barrels that once contained this or that, hopefully it can be aged in a cave too for added bragging rights. But the truth is every once in a while, especially on unseasonably warm spring (ish) days I like to have something different.

Recently I've come to appreciate some of these hard ciders, but I've yet to find many that I can have more than one or two of. Most are too sweet to have many, some are too tart, I had one last night that was too dry and tasted like wine.

The best I've found so far
1. Magnar's pear cider. I had 4 and could have kept going. But all the stores around me say they're on back order.
2. Magnars original (apple) cider. Pretty good still, but sweeter and more tart than the pear. I couldn't drink more than a 4 pack.
3. Everything else - 1 tastes good, second one already becomes too much. Could never drink enough to get drunk before rot gut set in.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Rhinegeist's ciders were pretty decent. I don't think I could drink a lot of them, though.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downeast and Citizen Cider have been the two best I've had that I haven't had to buy on-site.

If you have homebrew equipment, hard cider is stupid easy to brew your own as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple

Preferably with rum or whiskey in it.