• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best case -worst case scenarios for each team

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders at 1-15 with Antonio Brown

:plotting:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? They won l10 last year with a very green rookie QB and have added in the draft.
Not sure if their offensive scheme is sustainable without much of a passing attack and a QB who looks like an injury waiting to happen if he keeps running (not necessarily saying it isn't sustainable, this is just in a worst-case scenario). Marquise Brown is also going to be interesting since he's more of a deep threat and Jackson seems to struggle with medium/deep accuracy so I'm curious to see how well that fits. I do think the WR they got from Notre Dame is going to end up being the better player and think he fits better as more of a complete receiver.

Don't get me wrong, I think they'll be competitive and tough to play at the very least. But I don't see them winning 8 games if defenses figure out how to slow the run down and Jackson can't take a step forward as a passer, which to me would be the most realistic worst case scenario for them.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I think 13-3 is a little too optimistic for the Steelers best case, because that would mean they did some combination of winning in NE, going 5-1 in the division, winning on the West Coast in SD and not classically flubbing a game or two away against a bad team on the road.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="steelerssb, post: 13371769, member: 7837"]Not sure if their offensive scheme is sustainable without much of a passing attack and a QB who looks like an injury waiting to happen if he keeps running (not necessarily saying it isn't sustainable, this is just in a worst-case scenario). Marquise Brown is also going to be interesting since he's more of a deep threat and Jackson seems to struggle with medium/deep accuracy so I'm curious to see how well that fits. I do think the WR they got from Notre Dame is going to end up being the better player and think he fits better as more of a complete receiver.

Don't get me wrong, I think they'll be competitive and tough to play at the very least. But I don't see them winning 8 games if defenses figure out how to slow the run down and Jackson can't take a step forward as a passer, which to me would be the most realistic worst case scenario for them.[/QUOTE]

Mark Ingram, Justice Hill, Marquise Brown Miles Boykin that seems like a lot of help for the QB, don't see why he (Jackson) won't take a step forward with a year experience and a full camp as the starter. Not that I think highly of Jackson, just think it should go better for him given the additional weapons and the year experience , camp and what not, just seems logical....

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Ingram, Justice Hill, Marquise Brown Miles Boykin that seems like a lot of help for the QB, don't see why he (Jackson) won't take a step forward with a year experience and a full camp as the starter. Not that I think highly of Jackson, just think it should go better for him given the additional weapons and the year experience , camp and what not, just seems logical....
Keep in mind this isn't necessarily a prediction. Just if things go wrong with Jackson not getting better and they can't run as effectively I don't see them getting to 8 wins.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind this isn't necessarily a prediction
So more like wishing or hoping? :D Guess Ravens are saying things like if beat up Ben can't make thru another season Steelers might be screwed:rolleyes2:
Just yanking your chain.:pound:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So more like wishing or hoping? :D Guess Ravens are saying things like if beat up Ben can't make thru another season Steelers might be screwed:rolleyes2:
Just yanking your chain.:pound:
I mean, I'd definitely hope it happens :dance:

The offense definitely has pieces to give them a chance in most games, though. Probably not a high-flying one but if it all works out they'll be a contender.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'd definitely hope it happens :dance:
If you have to choose between either the Ravens or Browns to win the division...who would you root for (while holding your nose)?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to choose between either the Ravens or Browns to win the division...who would you root for (while holding your nose)?
Easily the Ravens. Them winning the division is nothing new so I might not like it but I've at least seen it enough to where I can stomach it a lot easier. I also just don't think that rivalry is anywhere near where it once was and now that Suggs and Flacco are gone there's no one really there from when it was at its prime.

I'd be happy for the diehard Browns fans at least if they won.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily the Ravens. Them winning the division is nothing new so I might not like it but I've at least seen it enough to where I can stomach it a lot easier. I also just don't think that rivalry is anywhere near where it once was and now that Suggs and Flacco are gone there's no one really there from when it was at its prime.

I'd be happy for the diehard Browns fans at least if they won.

How can anybody be happy for the Ravens?
Best I could do would be happy for Jackson......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anybody be happy for the Ravens?
Best I could do would be happy for Jackson......
I've said earlier that Baltimore would be selecting another QB in the 2021 draft to replace Jackson. It may end up being the 2020 draft. There's a real chance he's Vince Young 2.0. Hell of an athlete, horrible passer, can't command an offense like a real modern day QB.