• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Bye Ever?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson needs healing.

Rawls needs healing.

Ifedi is probably not 100%.

Graham probably not 100% (although sure looks like it).

Helpful rest for Doug Baldwin after that bs hit.

Coming back from a LONG flight and major time zone shift.

Following week at home against Atlanta (they have to fly a long ways, lots of time to prepare).

I usually don't like week 5 byes (let alone week 4) but can't help but feel this year worked out PERFECTLY for our scheduled bye. We just need it in so many ways, and what a way to snag it schedule wise after pretty much our longest road trip of the year. Think Tampa is further, but still...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Couldn't come at a better time.

It's usually considered bad to have your bye early in the season. But I'm not sure. Byes can break up good rhythm late in the season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not often that an early bye fits perfectly, but this year it appears to be at a most opportune time.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye-Week.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably the best week 5 bye ever for sure. Good list of reasons already mentioned. I'll add Lockett needing to rest his knee and also a big plus in prep for Atlanta as 1) we get to sit back and watch them for a game and 2) that game just happens to be on the road vs Denver, who should soften them up a bit and help make them a little road weary by the time they get to us. That Falcons game could be huge for playoff seeding.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked out terrific for this year.

But the best bye ever was in 2013. 10-1 and got 2 weeks to prepare for (and destroy) the then #2 team in the conference

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how a lot of people were upset (including myself) that we had an early bye week but I agree it really worked out well hopefully down the line around December our injuries wont be so bad but this bye week and coming back to a home game is great

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bye came at a good time for us... no doubt... Usually it's better to have the bye later in the year but right now it couldn't be better for us...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably the best week 5 bye ever for sure. Good list of reasons already mentioned. I'll add Lockett needing to rest his knee and also a big plus in prep for Atlanta as 1) we get to sit back and watch them for a game and 2) that game just happens to be on the road vs Denver, who should soften them up a bit and help make them a little road weary by the time they get to us. That Falcons game could be huge for playoff seeding.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. The Denver and Seattle defenses are probably the two best defenses Atlanta is going to see all year, especially when you look at the defenses in the rest of their division. Not that I think the Seahawks defense couldn't handle Atlanta's offense reasonably well anyway, but getting to see them go up against another great, physical defense the week before can't hurt. They should be able to glean more from that game film than they would have been able to glean from, say, a game against the Saints defense. The game film from the Carolina game wouldn't have been of much use to them either.

On the offensive side of things for the Seahawks, they should be able to move the ball and score on Atlanta's D. As I mentioned, that division is filled with horrible defenses (4 of the 5 worst defenses in ppg allowed 2 of the 5 worst defenses in ypg allowed come from that division) and Atlanta's is no exception. The Falcons are 30th and 29th in yards per game allowed and points per game allowed respectively. I'm sure Bevell and his staff will be licking their chops watching game film and the Denver game looking for matchups to exploit for next week's game.

If you're gonna have an early bye week, this is the scenario that you want (minus the need to get injured players healthier).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl plays Den and Sea back to back on the road.
:L

It's going to be brutal for them. Both games. They go 0-2.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally not a fan of early byes, but yes I think the timing was good for the Seahawks this year. There is definitely an empty feeling during Sundays in the fall when the Seahawks aren't playing though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally not a fan of early byes, but yes I think the timing was good for the Seahawks this year. There is definitely an empty feeling during Sundays in the fall when the Seahawks aren't playing though.

Yeah the bye week does take the shine off watching some what, but seems less painful this season and on the bright side, Seahawks every week from here on.:yes:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be watching the Atlana on a pretty empty stomach. Gotta make room for Turkey!!!!!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the bye week is almost over but it was well needed. Looking forward to what the rest of the season brings.