• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengs on TV Bengals/Packers

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the Colts were doing in the 2nd half on defense, but rushing just 4 and getting almost zero pressure 99% of the time was a poor, poor approach.

I get you didn't want to give up a quick score (like they did on the deep ball - but the DB did fall down) and Jackson can run on pressure, but to let any NFL QB sit back there for 4-5-6 seconds - in a zone - they will absolutely eat you alive, which Jackson did.

Credit to Baltimore for taking advantage. Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose.
Tough game for the Colts - Done in by conservative playcalling and their kicker. Seems to be a common theme.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game for the Colts - Done in by conservative playcalling and their kicker. Seems to be a common theme.
Yeah, for some reasons D-cords get too afraid to get beat deep and instead deploy a ridiculous zone with rushing 3 or 4 and allowing QB's time to just pick them apart.

I mean, I'd just rather give up the big play so you got time on your side if that's the case. I mean, the only real big play Bmore had was due to the DB falling down (not to say the WR couldn't have caught it, but certainly helped that it was uncontested). Unless you plan on your DB's falling down all the time - I'd prefer to bring a little pressure here and there to keep them honest and force some quick throws. If you're that scared of getting beat deep then just play Cover 2- Man or Cover 3 man. You don't have to zone everyone 12-15 yards deep and just give them space to operate. That RB never had anyone within 5-8 yards of him on the majority of his catches.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that CJ is having so much fun this year. Not a game breaker by any means, but he is a solid TE that Burrow utilizes well - and seems like he's a heck of a dude.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that CJ is having so much fun this year. Not a game breaker by any means, but he is a solid TE that Burrow utilizes well - and seems like he's a heck of a dude.

He's a great guy to have on the team. He's improved every year and it seems like he is a leader on offense. Ad you said, he's not a game breaker or someone you can build a plan around but he's a good player to have.

Now, lets have a conversation about Drew Sample...... Ugh.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great guy to have on the team. He's improved every year and it seems like he is a leader on offense. Ad you said, he's not a game breaker or someone you can build a plan around but he's a good player to have.

Now, lets have a conversation about Drew Sample...... Ugh.
Well, he did tackle himself last week......

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did tackle himself last week......
It seems like they have a few runs and play-actions they like with the 12 personnel.... I gather that they like Sample as a blocking tight end which is why they keep rolling him out there. But how much better of a blocker is he than Wilcox or Moss? Because both of those guys showed some pass-catching ability in the preseason and I'd rather see what they got if Sample is going to continue to look like a limited option in the passing game.