• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daddy's Home!!!!!!

Marvin Lewis is 8-24 against the Steelers. The Steelers have won 6 straight games and most of them have been soul-crushing in one way or another. Lots at stake here. If the Bengals were to somehow find a way to win this game, it would set them up to take the division. The Ravens are a flawed team and the Browns will probably piss away at least a few more games they should win. A win would put Cincy 2.5 games above the Steelers and give them another loss in the division. Barring a Bengals collapse or a monster win streak by the Steelers, and that looks like an insurmountable lead.

Sadly, we know how this goes.... Bengals lose a soul-crusher here and get thrashed in primetime next week. They might still compete for the division (until week 17), but this feels like another missed opportunity of the Marvin Lewis era.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict at least 2 ejections while this turns into yet another prison yard game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shit in your bed?

Almost killed my wife this morning when I did. Quick honey, under the covers. She reappears with a green flog cloud rolling out from under the sheets. She was looking a little green too as she was punching me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gingers are looking good in Bengals gear!

eb2e15d5ee4b3593a743ddc818c42441--football-girls-sport-girl.jpg

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have better beat these Steelers at home this sunday. I'm sick of losing to these fucks at home. Lose this one, and you are toast.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick 1st half observations:

Austin's defense is terrible. His play calling is just baffling. Need to help the DL out by sending a few guys every now and then. Also, the TE is still open.

Offensively, Lazor is hard to criticize up to this point for the year, but Mixon is killing the Steelers and has just 7 attempts to 26 passes....That is awful.

Also, on 3rd and 1, they go with the weakest part of their offense (the OL) and attack the strongest part of the steelers defense (DL)....Mixon hit for no gain. Have to be smarter than that. THis OL cannot create any kind of push.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad our college football team and coach ( Luke Fickell ) have bigger balls than the "Pro's."

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this defense is a waste of money. Very disappointing.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Marvin will beat the Steelers after his next inevitable contract extension..

Christ this is embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the playoff drought. 8-25 against those shit stains. Marv should have that tattooed to his fucking forehead.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts after watching most of the game (I missed portions of the 3rd and beginning of 4th quarter). I caught the first goal line stand against the Steelers and both touchdown drives (ours and theirs).

-- If it were any other team, it would simply be a case of 'tough loss.' You just move on and take away some positives. But, this is the Steelers. They live in our heads - We can't beat them. You can see it on Ben's face when he enters the building. He knows he's not losing. Everyone in the damn building knew they were winning after we scored. I expect a huge hangover from this game and an embarrassing showing next week in KC.

-- The D-coordinator is awful. I never thought much of Pauly G., but geez, this guy is horrible. Steelers lined up in a stack all day long and we had at least 3 blow coverages out of it.

-- Cody Core had a huge drop. Hard to understand what happened to that kid. He seemed like he might be competent as a rookie.

-- It was said above, but it's hard to understand why Lazor didn't want to run Mixon as much early. It looked like we had game planned a bunch of misdirection type screens and they didn't fool the Steelers at all. On the other hand, Mixon gashed them several times early but didn't get many carries.

-- ST was much better today. It killed us though to go 3 and out after Erickson's big return to start the second half.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This explanation by Al Riveron is insulting to anyone that has eyeballs.