• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Ravens

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2. Playing for the right to be in first place for at least 10 days or so. Some revenge motivation on both sides of the ball. Baltimore wrecked opening day last season for the Bengals and the Bengals wrecked the postseason aspirations of the Ravens in the last game of the season.

I'm feeling a Bengalesque primetime performance is coming our way. I'm not a big believer in Baltimore - I don't think they're all that good. But, I will never gamble on Marvin in a short week (or for any gametime that isn't 1:00 Sunday for that matter). I predict a sloppy game with the Bengals losing a field goal shootout..... 16 - 9.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. Both teams aren’t very good.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't the ravens just whip someone's ass dennis pitta style?

Yes, but they whipped the Bills, which by the way, our defense had like 1 or 2 turnovers and 5 sacks in a quarter and half against the Bills in preseason while the 1s were on the field. We were also winning 17 - 0 after 1s left in the 2nd quarter, with Josh Allen having like 5 yards passing.

The Ravens defense did most the heavy lifting for the offense, as Flacco didn't even throw for 250 yards, their RB's didn't even combine for a 100 yards rushing I don't think.

The Ravens beat the crap out of a very poor team on Sunday. However, we squeeked by a team that I thought was a poor team too, but once again, Andrew Luck looked like Andrew Luck. We did beat Indy in Indianapolis for the first time since 1997, after being 0-7 in our previous 7 games there. So that is a positive?

I think the Ravens are pretty decent team, I don't think they are nearly as good as everyone thinks they are after Sunday.

Hoping Marvin still knows how to game plan for Baltimore games, while hoping Dalton, Green and Mixon show up to ball tonight.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. Both teams aren’t very good.

121108.jpg

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Primetime Andy! No way we can lose

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict someone else on our team will get ejected while someone on their team gets off free. Always gotta have that as well. Protect the narrative.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don’t buy into the Ravens’ newfound offensive renaissance, I do believe that defense is legit.

The right side of the Bengals line struggled to block the Estonian discus player on the Colts, I can only imagine what problems the Ravens pass rush will give them.

Typical low scoring, ugly, AFC North contest.

I’ll go Ravens 17-7

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never feel comfortable guessing a score between the Bengals vs. Ravens, Ravens vs. Steelers, Steelers vs Bengals. I honestly have no damn clue.

Normally, in the last 5to 8 years, I give the Bengals the edge against Baltimore, the Steelers the edge against Cincinnati and Baltimore and Pittsburgh I just shrug. So given that trend..I will GUESS...

Bengals beat Ravens 23 - 20 where both teams lose a player to injury, while both team combine for 3 roughing the passer calls, and 2 penalties on the new helmet rule.

I have a feeling Mixon or Eifert will be moved to whatever side Suggs is going to be coming from and used as a second blocker to just give Dalton an extra second in the pocket.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens aren't nearly as good as they showed last week playing NAIA Buffalo.

However, the Bengals prime-time failures are of legendary status under Lewis.

9-6 FG fest. You pick the winner, but both teams are losers after this oncoming display of "football".

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had better be tricky, we won't overpower anyone

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2. Playing for the right to be in first place for at least 10 days or so. Some revenge motivation on both sides of the ball. Baltimore wrecked opening day last season for the Bengals and the Bengals wrecked the postseason aspirations of the Ravens in the last game of the season.

I'm feeling a Bengalesque primetime performance is coming our way. I'm not a big believer in Baltimore - I don't think they're all that good. But, I will never gamble on Marvin in a short week (or for any gametime that isn't 1:00 Sunday for that matter). I predict a sloppy game with the Bengals losing a field goal shootout..... 16 - 9.

Outside of the DIV this may not seem like a sexy match up, but this one will definitely give me some better insight as to what both teams really look like this year.

Both teams have the goods to make the other struggle...if the CIN OL can hold up against an always nasty BAL DL, I like their chances to go 2-0...just not sold on BAL OFC yet...not even after a blow out win last week.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the DIV this may not seem like a sexy match up, but this one will definitely give me some better insight as to what both teams really look like this year.

Both teams have the goods to make the other struggle...if the CIN OL can hold up against an always nasty BAL DL, I like their chances to go 2-0...just not sold on BAL OFC yet...not even after a blow out win last week.

Buffalo may be the next team to go 0-16. They are that bad. Cincinnati had 5 sacks, 17 points 1 punt I think in the first 20-25 minutes of the game against Buffalo. Allen had NEGATIVE yards passing calculated with sacks offsetting yardage. I honestly think they have the worst offensive line I have ever seen, and that is saying something after watching the Bengals offensive line play last year.

Flacco had under 250 passing, the running game didn't have a 50 yard rusher for Baltimore. The defense carried them to that score and position. Baltimore's defense is legit, but I still think they are probably only top 10 this year, not a top 5. My guess is by the end of the year they finish around 7 to 8th in the league.

Marvin has owned Baltimore and Flacco, especially in Cincinnati. Cincinnati is God awful on a prime time stage. Honestly, I bet this game looks sloppy as hell for both team, the National media will declare the Ravens looked better even if they lose. Cincinnati hit Baltimore at the right time to pull out the upset and going forward their will be high praises for the Ravens and the Bengals will still be sitting at 20-24 in the power rankings because no one believes in them, or find talking about them boring.

Bengals in a squeeker, and the Ravens remain the media darlings in the power rankings.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody wake me when Crash predicts a Bengals loss.

Where’s Jwill?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how well the right side of the OL played last week, the management felt good enough to deactivate both Ced AND Westerman.

:doh:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice PBU by Nickerson, great run contain, and pressure + Coverage = Geno Sack.

Good start.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st run play of the game = Redmond getting blown up and put on his ass.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't have mattered with the penalty, but Boyd let's a ball go right through his hands on 3rd down.