• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Patriots

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well get this thread started. With today's news reports of the Patriots possibly taping the Bengals sidelines, this game is going to actually get a bit of national attention. There will be more Bengal media mentions this week than the other 16 weeks of the season combined.

The Patriots are coming off of two losses and fresh accusations that they cheat. How ugly is this game going to be? They are going to absolutely pummel the Bengals. The betting line can't be high enough at this point.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. We are Chasing Young.

Crash, I don't know how to break this to you. We are drafting Joe Burrow. We need a qb. He's good. We will draft him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, I don't know how to break this to you. We are drafting Joe Burrow. We need a qb. He's good. We will draft him.

You mean the guy that has never looked to a secondary WR? He stares down his first target and throws it to him almost 100% of the time?

Cool. I am game. Should play well in the NFL.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the guy that has never looked to a secondary WR? He stares down his first target and throws it to him almost 100% of the time?

Cool. I am game. Should play well in the NFL.

I don't make the decisions. I'm just telling you the facts. If the Bengals have the first pick, it's almost 100% certain that they take Burrow.

But, just to play along with your comment here.... If Burrow stares down his first target and throws it to him 100% of the time, why didn't Nick Saban shut him down? Why didn't Georgia? Do you really think LSU's talent is that much better than Alabama and Georgia? Do you think their coaches are better? A guy as limited as you say he is shouldn't be able to put up those numbers against blue-chip talent.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't follow progressions, he stares his WR's down, he has had one pedestrian college season, and then one very good one, all from a no-huddle shotgun based offense. So unless Zak Taylor plans to change our offense to a no-huddle shotgun style offense, then I do not have faith that him being under center, going at a slower pace, and staring down WR's doing well in the NFL with a team that has protection issues, and no LB'ers where the defense is giving up so many points and yards that you are going to have to win in a shootout.

I would rather draft:
#1 - Chase Young DE
#33 - Jacob Eason QB

Eason plays under center, good size, goes through progressions, strong arm, smart player.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make the decisions. I'm just telling you the facts. If the Bengals have the first pick, it's almost 100% certain that they take Burrow.

But, just to play along with your comment here.... If Burrow stares down his first target and throws it to him 100% of the time, why didn't Nick Saban shut him down? Why didn't Georgia? Do you really think LSU's talent is that much better than Alabama and Georgia? Do you think their coaches are better? A guy as limited as you say he is shouldn't be able to put up those numbers against blue-chip talent.

1. I said almost 100% of the time.
2. Yes, LSU's WR's are better than almost any DB in college football.
3. The offensive scheme plays so wide open, it forces opposing defenses to be very deep in their secondary.
4. It plays quick in the no huddle.
5. He has a very good offensive line.

If he comes to the Bengals, the offense will be a 180 degree change in philosophy. Unless the Bengals do for Burrows what Baltimore did for Lamar, Burrows is freaking doomed here, and the bengals suffer because of it for another 5 years.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't follow progressions, he stares his WR's down, he has had one pedestrian college season, and then one very good one, all from a no-huddle shotgun based offense. So unless Zak Taylor plans to change our offense to a no-huddle shotgun style offense, then I do not have faith that him being under center, going at a slower pace, and staring down WR's doing well in the NFL with a team that has protection issues, and no LB'ers where the defense is giving up so many points and yards that you are going to have to win in a shootout.

I would rather draft:
#1 - Chase Young DE
#33 - Jacob Eason QB

Eason plays under center, good size, goes through progressions, strong arm, smart player.

This describes every qb in college football. It doesn't really tell me anything about him. I have no idea if he'll be a good pro.

It doesn't matter what you or I think here, Crash. The pick will be Burrow.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch highlight film from Jacob Eason at Washington. Pro-style offense. Under center. Huddle.

6'6" tall also. So plenty big enough to not have as many balls batted down.

Good footwork on drop backs, quick release, strong arm, smart player.

Not gaudy stats like Burrows (but good), but he also doesn't have the team around him like Burrows does, and they play a slower tempo offense. It is not a fast break offense like most these college programs are.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Report: Patriots video focuses on Bengals sideline for eight minutes

"Like the text message that became so relevant to #DeflateGate, texts, emails, and/or phone records will show that the video crew had no connection whatsoever to the football operations, or otherwise."

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Do we need a digital trail connecting this directly to Robert Kraft for this to be valid?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Patriots video focuses on Bengals sideline for eight minutes

"Like the text message that became so relevant to #DeflateGate, texts, emails, and/or phone records will show that the video crew had no connection whatsoever to the football operations, or otherwise."

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Do we need a digital trail connecting this directly to Robert Kraft for this to be valid?

I have no idea why anyone could assume that this ISN'T cheating. How should anyone believe that this production company needed 8 minutes of the other team's sideline?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the bengals were smart, they would trade those top 2 picks for more picks. we have more holes than a swiss cheese factory and no high level free agent is going to play here for standard rates.

I mean, we pretty much build through the draft, so why not build through the draft.

Mike Brown will go fishing for a new QB, that's why we have a new HC. he's just a scape goat coach anyhow so MB can get his way for awhile.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burrow is damn good for sure, way, way better than Tua

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a top notch coaching staff it probably won't matter.

On a side note, it appears a mock draft I was reading this morning has the Patriots taking Eason with the 32nd pick, who they believe may have the strongest arm in the draft and has the potential to be the best QB of this class when all is said and done. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks Eason is the sleeper QB in this class. His height, arm strength, smarts and pro-style offensive background make him an attractive QB prospect in my mind.

Just what I want to see, the Patriots wind up with another Tom Brady at the bottom of the 1st round. Would make me sick.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, it appears a mock draft I was reading this morning has the Patriots taking Eason with the 32nd pick, who they believe may have the strongest arm in the draft and has the potential to be the best QB of this class when all is said and done. Looks like I am not the only one who thinks Eason is the sleeper QB in this class. His height, arm strength, smarts and pro-style offensive background make him an attractive QB prospect in my mind.

Just what I want to see, the Patriots wind up with another Tom Brady at the bottom of the 1st round. Would make me sick.

I only watch a half dozen or so college football games a year so I don't know much about Eason. His last name does come with some baggage when it comes to the Patriots LOL, but if he's got all the tools I hope BB scoops him up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda sucks that this Spygate 2.0 stuff is going on this week, because I think it will help the Patriots. Whenever they get accused of cheating, they go on a scorched earth tour and destroy anything in front of them. The Bengals will likely just have to be the victims this week.

Without the Spygate stuff, this week had some upset potential. New England has really struggled offensively and the Bengals D has quietly done a much better job. If the offense were able to cash in on a few trips this game could be closer than thought.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda sucks that this Spygate 2.0 stuff is going on this week, because I think it will help the Patriots. Whenever they get accused of cheating, they go on a scorched earth tour and destroy anything in front of them. The Bengals will likely just have to be the victims this week.

Without the Spygate stuff, this week had some upset potential. New England has really struggled offensively and the Bengals D has quietly done a much better job. If the offense were able to cash in on a few trips this game could be closer than thought.

I am damn glad it happened this week then. Need that #1 pick. Regardless of who we take, at least we have the choice of the crop.