• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Jaguars

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday game. Always a bit of a wilcard for all teams in the NFL. Bengals are flying high after beating a nemesis on the road, while Jax has not looked very good after an entire season of hope with the arrival of Urban and Lawrence. In years past, this would be the ultimate trap game for the Bengals. Primetime Andy would start crapping his pants somewhere around 6:00, followed by an evening of stalled offense. The 2015 loss to the 3-5 Texans on MNF (we were 8-0) had a huge impact on playoff position. So, here we are in 2021 with a new staff and new qb. Do these guys blow out a bad football team or deflate the entire city with a crapfest loss. I'll go somewhere in the middle..... Bengals 20, Jags 17 in a sloppy forgettable game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday game. Always a bit of a wilcard for all teams in the NFL. Bengals are flying high after beating a nemesis on the road, while Jax has not looked very good after an entire season of hope with the arrival of Urban and Lawrence. In years past, this would be the ultimate trap game for the Bengals. Primetime Andy would start crapping his pants somewhere around 6:00, followed by an evening of stalled offense. The 2015 loss to the 3-5 Texans on MNF (we were 8-0) had a huge impact on playoff position. So, here we are in 2021 with a new staff and new qb. Do these guys blow out a bad football team or deflate the entire city with a crapfest loss. I'll go somewhere in the middle..... Bengals 20, Jags 17 in a sloppy forgettable game.
At least for once, in a long-long time, you feel good about the QB for the Bengals in games like this. Burrow doesn't shy away from the lights.

In a game that is a short turnaround, usually favoring the home team, with a rookie QB and a rookie Coach against one of the, surprisingly, better defenses vs a team whose defense is bottom 4 in the league - there may be times it isn't pretty - never is - but you feel like in the 4th qtr, Burrow can pull this team away for a victory.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While these games usually worry me, and I am in no way saying I have full confidence in this Bengals team yet...I think Jax coming off a short week, traveling, going against the Bengals D, a let down after halftime against the Cards....and the Bengals offense even without Tee...I am going to go out on a limb as say:

Bengals 31
Jaguars 13

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose its because I’m at the game. Sorry in advance
Awesome! Enjoy your time there in Primetime. Make sure everyone in the stands are loud as hell, but only during the Jags offensive time on the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to watching Burrow in action tonight.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to watching Burrow in action tonight.
The way the Jags defense has looked so far, we should see an offensive explosion from the offense.

By the way, damn the Browns looking freaking tough as freaking nails. I am, but I am not looking forward to when we have to play you guys. 1 net yard of passing? Justin Tucker's game winning FG netted 15 more yards than the entire Bears offense in 4 quarters! 9 sacks? Oh boy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Jags defense has looked so far, we should see an offensive explosion from the offense.

By the way, damn the Browns looking freaking tough as freaking nails. I am, but I am not looking forward to when we have to play you guys. 1 net yard of passing? Justin Tucker's game winning FG netted 15 more yards than the entire Bears offense in 4 quarters! 9 sacks? Oh boy.

The Jags aren't a good team. And Lawrence isn't going to change that this season. I see no reason why Burrow doesn't have a big day. And J. Chase. Damn, what's he averaging around 20 yards a catch? The Bengals gonna have a helluva duo there for at least a decade.

As far as what the Browns did to the Bears. Not gonna get too excited about that one. Bears coach Matt Nagy proved last Sunday he doesn't know how to properly use Fields. He's not a good coach. And his offense is terrible. And I know what a bad coach looks like. My team had a nonstop selection of bad coaches from 1999 to 2019.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags aren't a good team. And Lawrence isn't going to change that this season. I see no reason why Burrow doesn't have a big day. And J. Chase. Damn, what's he averaging around 20 yards a catch? The Bengals gonna have a helluva duo there for at least a decade.

As far as what the Browns did to the Bears. Not gonna get too excited about that one. Bears coach Matt Nagy proved last Sunday he doesn't know how to properly use Fields. He's not a good coach. And his offense is terrible. And I know what a bad coach looks like. My team had a nonstop selection of bad coaches from 1999 to 2019.
And yet we got beat by the Bears. So.....

Haha

My best friend is a Browns fan, he sends me links, tweets, videos and stats on a daily basis just to remind me how good your team is. haha I think I know as much about the Browns as I do the Bengals. I root for the Browns when not playing the Bengals. I like to see him happy. However, the love stops at head to head match ups.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose its because I’m at the game. Sorry in advance
May your primetime experience be better than mine!

Mine was back in the early 2000's when the Dolphins came to town - got so hammered I disappeared for nearly 2 full quarters. Got up with about 8 minutes left go in the 2nd qtr to use the restroom and didn't make it back until the 4th qtr. Have no idea where I went or what happened. My buddy went looking for me in all the near by restrooms thinking I had passed out in a stall, but nope. He finally found me in a line in the 4th quarter trying to buy a coke.

To this day, I don't remember buying food in the 1st quarter, or where the hell I was for half-time through 3rd quarter.

Good times. Oh, and I think the Bengals won! Who-Dey!

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome! Enjoy your time there in Primetime. Make sure everyone in the stands are loud as hell, but only during the Jags offensive time on the field.
I’m not in charge of that but I’ll do what I can

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mine was back in the early 2000's when the Dolphins came to town - got so hammered I disappeared for nearly 2 full quarters. Got up with about 8 minutes left go in the 2nd qtr to use the restroom and didn't make it back until the 4th qtr. Have no idea where I went or what happened. My buddy went looking for me in all the near by restrooms thinking I had passed out in a stall, but nope. He finally found me in a line in the 4th quarter trying to buy a coke.

To this day, I don't remember buying food in the 1st quarter, or where the hell I was for half-time through 3rd quarter.

This is actually my first ever football game. Hope I like the experience since I convinced my girlfriend to buy me a ticket for the Vegas game in November.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve had concert experiences like that

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started both Chase and the Bengals in fantasy - looking forward to losing 50-7 with Chase having 5 drops

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet we got beat by the Bears. So.....

Haha

My best friend is a Browns fan, he sends me links, tweets, videos and stats on a daily basis just to remind me how good your team is. haha I think I know as much about the Browns as I do the Bengals. I root for the Browns when not playing the Bengals. I like to see him happy. However, the love stops at head to head match ups.

I always looks forward to the two Battle of Ohio games.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple with a good play on a really bad read by Lawrence. Had a guy open for a 1st down, instead took a shot deep and it misses.

Thomas with a ridiculous penalty as he had no reason to block the guy in the back - he wasn't making the play. Stupid.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the 1st play call, hated the second. A no-look pass that should have likely could have been an easy INT.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of plays that make you wonder what the OL does...

A screen where no OL were out there to block - and on a blitz no less, should have gotten 10+, got 0.

Another screen where Williams just stopped blocking despite the ball carrier being right next to him. Wouldn't have made the 1st down, but still...too many OL not blocking to/through the whistle is something you can't have when you already lack talent at the position.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#59 with one of the worst angles on an attempted tackle I've seen this year. Had Lawrence easily, instead, allows him to get outside for an easy 1st down run.

Really disappointed so far with the play calling - Jaguars clearly wanting to run and give Lawrence quick easy throws, and no adjustment yet through 2 drives.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense bringing Zero run pressure - pathetic play calling thus far.