• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals at Ravens/Lamar Jackson coming out party

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. Green is out.

Joe Flacco is out.

Dennis Pitta is not walking through that door.

Hardy Nickerson starts at MLB.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I’m impressed. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t one single comment within the game thread during the actual game.

I know I will tell my grandkids about this day.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watched the highlights. again, I'm glad I haven't bothered to watch this teams games this season.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't so disengaged with this team, that would easily be my avatar. Oh well....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to do some driving today and had the pleasure of listening to the game on Satellite radio.... It was the Ravens feed. The color guy was Dennis Pitta. Their play-by-play guy is named Jerry Sandusky (apparently the other one). Oh, and they are absolutely terrible announcers. Just one more crappy element of Baltimore football.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the postgame quotes from the Bengals.... It seems that ole Marvin and the boys are calling this a win. They're happy with how the D played. This is a D that gave up 2, 100 yard rushers and blew an 8 point lead with 1.5 quarters to play to a team starting a rookie qb that can't pass. Who-Dey!!! !

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the postgame quotes from the Bengals.... It seems that ole Marvin and the boys are calling this a win. They're happy with how the D played. This is a D that gave up 2, 100 yard rushers and blew an 8 point lead with 1.5 quarters to play to a team starting a rookie qb that can't pass. Who-Dey!!! !
That's what bad teams do. They praise effort and look for silver linings when they get beat.

Good teams win, and when they don't, they don't look for ways to turn something bad into something good. The own up to it, get it fixed, and go out there and win.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what bad teams do. They praise effort and look for silver linings when they get beat.

Good teams win, and when they don't, they don't look for ways to turn something bad into something good. The own up to it, get it fixed, and go out there and win.

I feel like most of our fanbase functions like this too.... We spent so many years assuming blowouts would happen when we play on the road. So now, if we come within a play or two of overtime or a win, it's almost a relief to the fanbase. It's really freankin' sad. Most of our fans will get caught up in blaming Fat Randy or Cody Core for this outcome. It's a cop out.... The Bengals D was shredded by a college offense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like most of our fanbase functions like this too.... We spent so many years assuming blowouts would happen when we play on the road. So now, if we come within a play or two of overtime or a win, it's almost a relief to the fanbase. It's really freankin' sad. Most of our fans will get caught up in blaming Fat Randy or Cody Core for this outcome. It's a cop out.... The Bengals D was shredded by a college offense.
And...let's face it...if Core is your option on 4th and the season...well...ownership failed to address the issue before it came to that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I bet you Tate would have caught that ball.... :lol:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And...let's face it...if Core is your option on 4th and the season...well...ownership failed to address the issue before it came to that.

Exactly. As someone said around here a few weeks ago, the Bengals depth and options at wide receiver are terrible. They royally screwed up that position by letting two very good receivers walk and not being able to find suitable replacements. The fact that Cody Core is on this team tells you everything you need to know about our personnel issues.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals may actually be on the path from average to below average. Maybe we peaked.

They need to draft a mother fuggin' tight end to play when Eifert is hurt, and he will be next season, again. plan for it, hell, make Eifert the backup, or the opposite side.

They need to keep an OL they can run behind.

Boyd seems to be young and hungry, Green seems to be in the second half of his career, we need to have a reliable #3 QB since Green can't stay on the field anymore.

The Defense needs new blood all around.

It would be hard to start over with a new QB, so dandy pants needs a supporting cast that can minimize his averageness.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals could clear up all these issues in free agency. They have plenty of cap space.

Hahahahaha!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but, but, but, they spending way over the cap!!!
I don't drink alcohol, so I'm not sure I can watch anymore Bengals games.