• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengal Free Agents we should resign?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston Brown, ILB - Maybe, I still think our first round pick should be a Devin White if Haskins is off the board.

Darqueze Dennard, CB - Yes

Kasim Edebali, DE - No

Tyler Eifert, TE - Yes, but incentive laden.

Jake Fisher, LT - No

Bobby Hart, RT - No

Michael Johnson, DE - No

Tyler Kroft, TE - Yes

Cedric Ogbuehi, RT - Hell No.

Vincent Rey, OLB - I was going to say yes, but I think age is starting to catch up and we have a lot of young LB's who play special teams also.

Tom Savage, QB - No

Andre Smith, RT - Yes, but on a smaller salary to be a backup only.

CJ Uzomah, TE - Yes

I know it is expensive for the TE position, but I am honestly good with Eifert, Kroft and Uzomah as long as the cost of the 3 of them together is about the same price as what Eifert should have been making if he stayed healthy.

What are your thoughts on who of those players we should keep?

I think we should look at re-upping Green and Boyd to contract extensions as well.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Kroft over Uzomah.

And no on Andre Smith. I didn't even know he was back on the team. Again.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Kroft over Uzomah.

And no on Andre Smith. I didn't even know he was back on the team. Again.

He did okay once he came back from Minnesota. He is no starter anymore, but I wouldn't mind having him as a backup. Especially since we are losing 3 other tackles in this scenario: Ogbuehi, Fisher and Hart.

Need to resign Smith as a backup and we need to sign one in FA and we need to draft one just to put us in a comfortable spot again.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can re-sign brown and still draft a LB...it is a serious position of need from both starting and depth. It wouldn't suck to have one of those guys and Brown.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I acknowledge that Bobby Hart wasn't one of the better tackles in the league, he certainly played better than any of the other trash we had on the roster..... And I think he would still be cheap. I'd hang onto him now with the idea that I want to draft a starter, but we need depth.

If we let Vinny Rey go, I guarantee he ends up with Minny or Oakland. He doesn't get paid like a starter, but always ends up starting because of injuries. I thought he looked old last year, but we don't know if he was dealing with injuries or if the scheme just didn't suit him.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d keep Dennard, Eifert, Kroft, P. Brown, and whichever of Hart and Tits comes the cheapest.

I’m also not fully on the “Devin White or bust” train that the majority of the fanbase seems to be. He’s good, but i don’t think he’s special by any means. The Bengals need this 1st rounder to be an impact guy.

I still say tackle is the biggest need on this football team even over LB. And yes I know the LB core is hot garbage.

If Jawaan Taylor from Florida is there at #11, he’d be my pick. Plug him at RT with Hart/Andre as depth. Then go LB 2/3 rounds after re-signing Brown to man the middle.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d keep Dennard, Eifert, Kroft, P. Brown, and whichever of Hart and Tits comes the cheapest.

I’m also not fully on the “Devin White or bust” train that the majority of the fanbase seems to be. He’s good, but i don’t think he’s special by any means. The Bengals need this 1st rounder to be an impact guy.

I still say tackle is the biggest need on this football team even over LB. And yes I know the LB core is hot garbage.

If Jawaan Taylor from Florida is there at #11, he’d be my pick. Plug him at RT with Hart/Andre as depth. Then go LB 2/3 rounds after re-signing Brown to man the middle.

Not a bad route if you resign Brown. He just didn't seem like a play maker in the middle so it is hard to imagine that LB core improving any with a guy that wasn't making many plays, and Vigil and a rookie 2nd or 3rd rounder beside them in place of Burfict.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CJ Mosely is going to be available in FA maybe. Lose the cost of Brown and Burfict, might be able to afford an all-pro LB, and it makes the Ravens weaker.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad route if you resign Brown. He just didn't seem like a play maker in the middle so it is hard to imagine that LB core improving any with a guy that wasn't making many plays, and Vigil and a rookie 2nd or 3rd rounder beside them in place of Burfict.
Probably should keep in mind that everyone pretty much sucked under TA - then he got hurt. Would have been nice to see him healthy down the stretch under Marvin as DC. I think we should reserve some judgment on Preston when looking at his impact on 2018 here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not resigned, hard to look at him any other way since we will never get to judge for ourselves how he plays.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we go TE in the draft. If we can only keep one of the 3 then I say Kroft. Not a Usomah fan. Love Eifert but I just dont think the risk is worth it anymore. We need to move forward. The rest of the aforementioned players aren't going to make me lose any sleep if they go, so to me it's mostly which positions need the depth the most at that point. We'll see where we go with the draft.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should keep in mind that everyone pretty much sucked under TA - then he got hurt. Would have been nice to see him healthy down the stretch under Marvin as DC. I think we should reserve some judgment on Preston when looking at his impact on 2018 here.

I think this is a critical point. All the linebackers, even those that have been okay in the past, looked like shit this season. Lets hope TA spreads some of that stink in his new job in Pittsburgh.