• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Benching an afternoon game Defense

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen it with Defense & kicker when they played on Mon. All players played on the opposing side & the guy with a kicker or Def. has a real slim lead with just them to play. I have seen them pull that spot as to not get a negative score.
Personally, although it's not 'illegal' in that league - IMO, I'd look to have that changed to require a full lineup or find a different league - but that's just me.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would say that you must field a full lineup no matter what, but in a 20 team league if there are negative points possible for a defense and it's within the rules, I would probably do it, but only if your opponent already had everybody else play and you had less than a 3 point lead and all you had left was your defense. By the way, if you don't mind, would you post your roster? I'm just curious what a roster looks like in a 20 team league because I've never even seen one that big before.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if you don't mind, would you post your roster? I'm just curious what a roster looks like in a 20 team league because I've never even seen one that big before.

Well my roster isn't what a typical 20 team one would look like since it was an auction draft. I ended up avoiding high priced players (I ended up with the lowest "high" bid if that makes sense) whereas plenty of others went the route of paying big for 2 or 3 studs and filling much of their rosters out on the cheap.

Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
Mark Ingram, Chris Thompson, Matt Breida, Jamaal Williams, Marlon Mack
Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Tyler Lockett, Geronimo Allison
Jimmy Graham, George Kittle

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my roster isn't what a typical 20 team one would look like since it was an auction draft. I ended up avoiding high priced players (I ended up with the lowest "high" bid if that makes sense) whereas plenty of others went the route of paying big for 2 or 3 studs and filling much of their rosters out on the cheap.

Matt Ryan, Alex Smith

if Mack ever gets his head out of his ass, i like your team a lot with 20 owners

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Ryan, Alex Smith

I really like that team, especially for a 20 teamer. If Ingram comes back as the Ingram of last year, I think you'll be in the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-2 for the jets.

Looking like the right call to warm the bench with the defenses.