• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Zobrist might be the player the Giants are looking for

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to be talking about Daniel Murphy and Chase Utley in a possible trade later down the line this year but I don't think the Giants are going to go that way. The man that might be on their radar is Ben Zobrist 2B Tampa Bay Rays.

Zobrist would fit in just perfect here in SF. Has played in 150 plus games every year since 2009 , plays multiple positions,has some pop, is a switch hitter, and the money is right. At 33 yrs old Zobrist has experience in the playoffs . His lifetime OBP is .352 and has a .785 OPS. He hit 27 jacks in 2009 , and 20 jacks in back to back years in 2011-12. Last year he dropped off some hitting 12 but his game fits what the Giants need. A steady player that can fill many positions is so valuable especially when the playoffs roll around.

Zobrist is set to make 7 Mill this year and has a 7.55 Mill club option in 2015. That would give Panik plenty of time to get experience at Fresno to be ready down the road. The question is what would the Rays want in return and are the Giants willing to give that up. Don't be surprised around the trade deadline when Zobrist's name starts showing up around the league especially if the Rays are out of the race in the East.

Everything fits for Zobrist to become a Giant. It's up to Sabean to pull the trigger and get it done. I can almost guarantee you he is being scouted heavily by the Giants right now. Zobrist could be that piece the Giants need to get to the WS and win it. I know one thing is that Giants fans would welcome him with open arms. I guess time will tell but I hope it gets done. Stay tuned ...

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to be talking about Daniel Murphy and Chase Utley in a possible trade later down the line this year but I don't think the Giants are going to go that way. The man that might be on their radar is Ben Zobrist 2B Tampa Bay Rays.

Zobrist would fit in just perfect here in SF. Has played in 150 plus games every year since 2009 , plays multiple positions,has some pop, is a switch hitter, and the money is right. At 33 yrs old Zobrist has experience in the playoffs . His lifetime OBP is .352 and has a .785 OPS. He hit 27 jacks in 2009 , and 20 jacks in back to back years in 2011-12. Last year he dropped off some hitting 12 but his game fits what the Giants need. A steady player that can fill many positions is so valuable especially when the playoffs roll around.

Zobrist is set to make 7 Mill this year and has a 7.55 Mill club option in 2015. That would give Panik plenty of time to get experience at Fresno to be ready down the road. The question is what would the Rays want in return and are the Giants willing to give that up. Don't be surprised around the trade deadline when Zobrist's name starts showing up around the league especially if the Rays are out of the race in the East.

Everything fits for Zobrist to become a Giant. It's up to Sabean to pull the trigger and get it done. I can almost guarantee you he is being scouted heavily by the Giants right now. Zobrist could be that piece the Giants need to get to the WS and win it. I know one thing is that Giants fans would welcome him with open arms. I guess time will tell but I hope it gets done. Stay tuned ...

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

BoB, I know you like to write like this is a blog, but you gotta know your audience. We have been talking about Zobrist here for weeks.

It looks weird for you to write this entry here as if no one had thought of this before. On this board, he gets more talk than Murphy and Utley combined.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB, I know you like to write like this is a blog, but you gotta know your audience. We have been talking about Zobrist here for weeks.

It looks weird for you to write this entry here as if no one had thought of this before. On this board, he gets more talk than Murphy and Utley combined.

I was talking mostly of the talk show crowd. Not too many talking about Zobrist. All Utley and Murphy right now. Anyway this is my take and my article so live with it. Later.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal one last thing. I thought this was a Giants board so my article is about the Giants picking up Zobrist. We are not solving cancer here. You need to lighten up a little. Who is "our audience" anyway. Just talking ball and don't need any lectures on what and when to write it. I have noticed more people coming to the board and contributing. Don't shut anyone out. Last time I checked it was a free country which I hold free speech close to my heart. Peace,Man.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal one last thing. I thought this was a Giants board so my article is about the Giants picking up Zobrist. We are not solving cancer here. You need to lighten up a little. Who is "our audience" anyway. Just talking ball and don't need any lectures on what and when to write it. I have noticed more people coming to the board and contributing. Don't shut anyone out. Last time I checked it was a free country which I hold free speech close to my heart. Peace,Man.

So why are trying to silence me?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Man you do your thing and let me do mine. You started it. I am just a fan who likes to write about my team. Don't read my stuff if it bugs you and if someone else mentions it before me who cares.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically this isn't an article. It's just a web posting/thread, case could be made it's a blog. It's not an article