• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell unlikely to report

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not Steeler hater or a Steeler fan or a Bell fan, so I would love it if he doesn’t show up and the Steelers franchise tag him again and he didn’t show up again and then got lowball offers them next year.

I understand that he’s looking out for his principles or whatever. So maybe it makes me a bad person. But when you gamble on yourself, that’s a risk and I feel that he has burned enough bridges from teammates that we usually hear teammates support principled holdouts. Maybe they have and I just haven’t heard it.
Personally, I think he made a bet on himself and lost. He's a great player but he was also in a position where someone like Conner could waltz in and put up big numbers. I hope Bell and the Steelers make a clean break in the offseason if they can't come to an agreement over a contract.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that wants him could make the room......
Players have always renegotiated contracts.....something bell should take into consideration. How many Steelers players were willing to take cuts to make room for this asshole....something he will never understand, because he's all about himself. It's just amazing how he can preach he's all for the team yet he expects his team mates and the team itself to make all the sacrifices for his worthless ass.

Sure, PIT was making the room, but what I've been saying for a long time. RB production is RB production...Bell might be better than player B, but if player B is giving you 1200 yds/6TDs (say a Tevin Coleman from ATL since he will be a FA nextyr) and he cost $5 or 6 mil per yr vs Bell giving you maybe 1400 yds /8TDs at $15 mil per. DEF still have to respect your running game with player B and of course that makes your passing game even better.

The good team I think take player B option most of the time and put the other $10 mil or so into other needs.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really zero positive spin that Bell can put on this...as you said, the Tag options in the CBA have always favored the teams and the players chose to "give" there and focus on other areas to "get"...we know how that goes.

Bell just decided he wasn't going to play under the current rules which is his prerogative, but obviously he passed up a lot of what he's battling so hard for in the process...:scratch:
Another thing to consider is that the guy's 26 years old which is peak age for running backs in the NFL. Generally speaking running backs start to decline at age 27 and he'll be 27 if and when he finally plays again. He's not likely to get faster at that point and the NFL will have drafted guys in their early 20's with some pretty promising skills. If he thinks running backs can pull a Tom Brady longevity move, then he's going to be very disappointed.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, PIT was making the room, but what I've been saying for a long time. RB production is RB production...Bell might be better than player B, but if player B is giving you 1200 yds/6TDs (say a Tevin Coleman from ATL since he will be a FA nextyr) and he cost $5 or 6 mil per yr vs Bell giving you maybe 1400 yds /8TDs at $15 mil per. DEF still have to respect your running game with player B and of course that makes your passing game even better.

The good team I think take player B option most of the time and put the other $10 mil or so into other needs.

Oh no doubt.
What little you are losing in the run game can easily be made up. But what you gain in money could be that one player that adds something very much needed to say the defense..... All I'm saying is some team will restructure a bunch of players to make room for him, they will not have the line the Steelers do, and his lack of cooperation with any team will bite him in the ass.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think he made a bet on himself and lost. He's a great player but he was also in a position where someone like Conner could waltz in and put up big numbers. I hope Bell and the Steelers make a clean break in the offseason if they can't come to an agreement over a contract.

I traditionally think of a bet on oneself is to take a small and short contract instead of a bigger contract to prove that you deserve an even bigger and longer contract.

To not show up seems like he’s betting on his market. One to show that the Steelers need him (pre-Connor), second to show that he will get a bigger contract next year from some other team (ignoring the fact that the last 14 this year), etc.

I know he would have to sign in order to be traded to a team he wanted to be on and he would likely have to agree to a long-term contract in order for the team to trade assets for him, but if that’s situation arose, he would do it. None of that happened and I don’t know if the Steelers were being unreasonable and listening to any trade proposals.

I certainly would not trade him with in the division and probably not the conference. He would eventually become too old and he would not be used as much, but all the stuff is annoying if he did well and they traded them. So offers were not big enough.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drr7DhFXQAEdZ3g.jpg

@Psych-Ward

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna ask if that was posted recently......But never mind.....:lol:

I see the date. I was given a Twitter time out. :dhd:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll get tagged again. If not franchise tag then transition tag. Like I said, no leverage.

The Steelers unethical stance on the value of the tag certainly didn’t help matters here

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da fuq that guy talkin bout

Some jag off shit about being unethical to some asshole who has no idea what ethical, loyalty, and truth to his team means......

Being unethical to Bell......that's about the STUPIDEST comparison you can make.....drugs are bad, mmmmkay.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha
Some jag off shit about being unethical to some asshole who has no idea what ethical, loyalty, and truth to his team means......

Being unethical to Bell......that's about the STUPIDEST comparison you can make.....drugs are bad, mmmmkay.
hahhahhahahah agreed

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh no. Learn your facts. They were gonna try to get around the full tag value on a future tag.